Getting tired of this now...whats the solution?

Change of tactic mate, if you look you have had 21 shots and 8 on target with only 1 clear cut chance.

[Tone: friendly humorous, subject: the loads of whiners with that matter, without counting on the poster to be one of them] Go find a job in Sport or Mundo Deportivo. They'll love another writing the rival must play wide open to allow Barça players to easily find passes to their forwards, not frustrating them into shooting long shots, not playing all defensively to focus on making Barça have loads of shots but low quality and conforming to have just two or three chances at counters with runs to try take advantage of one of them by their defence and keeper being sort of sleepy from all the time with nothing to do.[/tone]

[Tone: serious]That is what Chelsea did to Barça past season.

Think tactics. It's as simple (and as hard) as that. Really will every team play the same against you?. I don't think so and you shouldn't either. Some teams will consider themselves better or level and will look to play to score, hence they will be more open and so their defense will be more vulnerable in regards of spaces and numbers, though the individuals may be defensively more sounds. Others see your team as superior, but not all that much and will still leave some room behind in their attempts to score. Then there's those teams who consider yours to be way above their level or that just have too much fear of your attacking prowess, then those will decide to put everything on negating space. Individually they may not be as good as your other rivals you beat, but they will work to get everyone behind the ball, negate spaces. With that your players will not see passing lines toward your strikers, your strikers won' have much space to pick the crosses from wingers; the result is that, not seeing any pass to make, your players will be bound to start feeling frustrated and trying hopeful long shots with minimal chance of even being on target, shooting earlier and more frequent just because they lose patience, their through balls will be intercepted and the ones that get to the striker, won't find him in any comfortable position (and here note it may be a divergence in what you consider comfortable or not and what the graphic engine shows as either) where either he will find it hard to direct the ball at goal, at goal where the goalie isn't positioned or with any strength.

So, my proposed solution is that in many times tactics are not what would immediately come to mind before thinking deep on the matter, you need to attract them to your side, get them to open spaces, get relaxed enough to make mistakes and then take advantage of them. Play more defensively. Change from attacking to standard, even counter. Lower the tempo, play wider, increase time wasting, turn on counter attacking, stand back, change one or two players to more defensive roles. Watch the fuill match tweakling trying through balls more or less often and crossing earlier to see if the players are missing opportunities to try them or trying too often when the chance isn't yet there, and to see what players would pull players off their defense by being less attacking.

The more you tell them to be more attacking, faster, the more you play into your weaker rival's hand.[/tone]

Last edited:
advicenoting but i just feel like SI is doing it to **** me off...7 games after i change my tactic the original tactic is now void and useless

thats not realistic. barcelona have not had a plan B for 4 years and their doing kinda okay arent they?

I have seen it happen plenty of times in real life. It's the luck of football. You could have a league two team with the worlds best finisher upfront and win every match without dominating. It's just the luck of the draw and nothing can really be done about it except tinkering formations here and there.

If you knew you were going to dominate a match, I would play a more defensive formation and make sure you keep the clean sheets. That's what I would do anyway.

I have seen it happen plenty of times in real life. It's the luck of football. You could have a league two team with the worlds best finisher upfront and win every match without dominating. It's just the luck of the draw and nothing can really be done about it except tinkering formations here and there.

If you knew you were going to dominate a match, I would play a more defensive formation and make sure you keep the clean sheets. That's what I would do anyway.

then surely the shoes on the other foot is to attack against a bigger team, but you'll lose. logic has flaws my man

I suppose the most frustrating thing is i'm trying to recreate a tactic, and it worked brilliantly

perhaps it just shows the lack of strength in Chilean football

advicenoting but i just feel like SI is doing it to **** me off...7 games after i change my tactic the original tactic is now void and useless

thats not realistic. barcelona have not had a plan B for 4 years and their doing kinda okay arent they?

Barcelona constantly make little shifts. Plan B isnt necessarily a new tactic.

They get narrow, I stretch play.

They sit deep, I move the ball quickly into feet.

They stand off, I run at them.

They dive in, I play my fastest most mazy dribblers.