Rza451

Reaction score
When you start a new career on Football Manager with a team you do not know much about how do you get to know them?

I would like to know your strategies for getting to know a team that is new to you because I really want to start from the bottom (Blue Square N/S) and build my way up but I am extremely discouraged because I know none of the players and end up just asking the assistant to pick the teGeam every game which I know isn't how it should be.

I go through every single players profile and look at their attributes etc and write out my formation and fill in the players that suit each position, and then when picking the team i just follow what I've written down :)

I usually let my Assistant pick the team for the first friendly, which is usually the better players, then I switch my team at half time which gives me a rough idea and work it out from there.

I let my assistant choose first because he knows more than me. Then has games go on I get to know players more, i study them in a little depth and start to understand how they play. Then has you generally go through the season you start to see who the good ones are and who the lacklustre players are; then from then it becomes a naturally knowing thing... Until you change team.

I think that the whole "new team" scenario is alot easier to overcome this year.

Especially since the new scout reports also tell you the best role to play a player in - I always got/get confused with this and its probably something which alot of people can work out just from looking at a profile whether they are a decent Advanced Forward or a poacher, but that new feature is defo something which I will be using when I take my journey man career a go.

I'm LOVING the rating system as well for the whole team, it certainly helps for working out the depth of the squad.