Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

Getting to manage a national team

Reaction score
i was just wondering how do you manage a national team while still managing a club, as all of my applications just get rejected and they pick someone else, is it because i havn't got a big enough rep or something. Also who are the easiest national team to get to be manager as?

Thanks

Reaction score
It depends on your reputation and it's easier to get a job as for example Vietnam's manager, than England's because the country's reputation is also smaller.

Reaction score
What have you set your reputation as, are you an International Footballer, or a Sunday League player, etc?

Reaction score
you can manage club and country and my reputation is sunday league footballer

Reaction score
that's why you're getting rejected then, you need to build up your rep.

Reaction score
how do you manage to be manager of both? what do you do?

Reaction score
Well to manage a country you generally need to increase your reputation by winning major things like the top division league, domestic trophies and continental trophies (EURO Cup, Champions Cup etc).

To manage a country just select it when the job is open and apply and see if they accept.

Reaction score
it can depend, it mostly depends on how successful you are with your club.

Reaction score
You can be a manager of both national team and club at the same time. Just apply for either job and if you get it you can manage both.