Getting wingers to cross instead of taking shots from impossible angles?

allyc31

Reaction score
Hi,

hopefully this is something one of the community can help me with...

I've been playing fm for a long time now and this is something i have always struggled to accomplish with my tactic.

The senario is thus;

Winger gets played in behind defence on wing, 1 or 2 players (inicluding main goal scorer) break into box, winger doesn't cross the ball but instead attempts to shoot and hoofs the ball over the bar/into side netting..

or, winger beats full back, should put in cross but instead shoots from an impossible angle (unless he is Kanu. He isn't Kanu),

It doesn't happen every time but it happens more than it should.

Plus, the opp do it to me (nearly) every counter/chance they get.

So, any ideas what i'm going wrong?

I mainly play with wingers or inside forwards (i'm aware inside forwards would be less likely to do it but the position description does claim they look for the cross) and my main goal scorer is a poacher who is set to target man/run onto the ball.

I've tried both attack and support but get the same results.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Ta.

It all depends on the winger's stats, specifically his decisions, crossing, anticipation, teamwork and his PPM. If he has low decisions and anticipation he might not have good enough 'vision' to determine where to cross the ball and choose to shoot instead. If he is a selfish player (low teamwork) then he won't cross the ball either. If he has 'tries long range shot' ppm rather than 'looking for pass instead of of a shot' then this will be a factor too.

you could change the long shot instructions to rarely and increase the cross ball instructions