Henry8597

Reaction score
Whatever I do in a tactic. I can never get my AML and AMR to track back and help out which is leaving my LB and RB with two on one a lot of the time. How do you get the wingers to track back in FM13?

Whatever I do in a tactic. I can never get my AML and AMR to track back and help out which is leaving my LB and RB with two on one a lot of the time. How do you get the wingers to track back in FM13?
Try playing them as DW(s)
In the support mode they will track back faster and further to win the ball back, alternatively set your winger/s to man mark the specific player. (opposition fullbacks usually)

Last edited:
Try playing them as DW(s)
In the support mode they will track back faster and further to win the ball back, alternatively set your winger/s to man mark the specific player. (opposition fullbacks usually)
Where is the option to man mark?

Where is the option to man mark?
On match day before you start the game, go to your wingers/players setting, under marking you will see [zonal, man, specific]
Choose specific and choose the player you want to mark from the drop down list.

If you want to permanently man mark [lets say] the oppositions fullback with your wingers, after setting the marking roles save your tactic, and when your back at your tactic screen after the match just reload the tactic you saved over itself.
(when you look at wingers marking it should be blank if you did it right)

EDIT... if you do make it permanent, watch out for when the opposition play 3 at the back, your marking will be all to ****.

Last edited:
Also make sure they have 'tight marking' to yes, and their mentality isn't really attacking (Around 14 maximum if you want them to track back properly (E.g. not just give up as soon as the player they are meant to mark has got into the final third/has got away from them).

It will also help making sure they have a high workrate and determination, aswell as the obvious stamina, marking, tackling (less important)