Dazz19

Reaction score
I currently have a couple of saves on the go and I'm having an issue in both, in fact it's an issue I've had in pretty much every game I've started in FM12.

Ghost goals.

I've never been a big fan of watching the game as I always get frustrated when I see my keeper stand on the edge of the area and let a player run past him, or when a player randomly gives the ball away when no-one is near him, so I always play my games with commentary only, but have replays for goal action so I can watch the goals.

However, every six or seven matches a 'ghost goal' will happen. What I mean by this is there will be no replay, no mention of it in the commentary, but a goal will appear. Playing as Norwich I just lost 5-0 to Sunderland and I witnessed two of these occurrences. Fletcher scored the first, then the next goal replay was a Fletcher penalty, the final goal was McLean in the 90th minute. So only three goals scored, but, somehow, Sessegnon had scored two as well, one inbetween Fletcher's first and second and one inbetween Fletcher and McLean. Needless to say when I go back in and read the match report and look at the highlights, these goals have appeared. One of Sessegnons even picked up the goal of the month award!

I haven't experienced this in previous FM games and it kind of ruins the game. In previous saves I've lost an FA cup semi final because of this and also been relegated, both times thinking I'd snatched a draw only for the final score to reveal I'd lost to a goal that never appeared.

Yeah, the same has happened to me. It is an annoying bug and there's nothing you can do about it, except for hoping that it happens as little as possible. I've had it happen where I was winning a domestic cup semi-final with Bayern 2-1, only for the match to go to penalties because of the 'ghost goal' I conceded. Luckily for me, I won the game on penalties. It does tend to happen, although fortunately it hasn't happened in my current save, which is good. Only thing you can do is hope, mate.

Glad I'm not the only on it happens to. It wouldn't be so bad if it happened to both sides, but it only seems to happen to the opposition and mostly in important games i.e. cup matches, derbies, matches against relegation/promotion rivals.