Ghost positions, DMR/L, FL/FR, have you used them?

• Thread starter Thread starter Reggaezal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 8K
by the way, if you play a player on FL/R position, that position counted as AML/R (check it on 'Positions' tab on a player's profile)

Meaning its the same as playing a striker as an inside forward, but its just that the placement on the tactic is different?

Will he play the same way as a natural AMR/AML player or will he do things differently?

Meaning its the same as playing a striker as an inside forward, but its just that the placement on the tactic is different?

Will he play the same way as a natural AMR/AML player or will he do things differently?

I'm not sure, mate.
but, I think yes.

the only difference I can "smell" is:
* if ST played on FL/R, the "position rating" shows green, but if changed to AML/R, it changed, and vice versa.

Has anyone made tactics using the DML/DMR position? if im not wrong they are considered wing back position...

I have DMR and DML in my basic tactic. Only time I consider lowering them to DR and DL is when opponent has FR FC FL. And I might set them to defend or even as fullbacks if opponent has AMR or AML playmaker.

The one that im most curious is FL and FR positions, whats the point of placing a striker there? What does he do? How does he play?

It isnt a striker that you place there, its a winger or forward. The player in that position is supposed to either get to box with the ball and take a shot, cross the ball to box for striker or try a trought pass.

Edit/Add: Just checked ingame and found out that you can also place playmaker here. And indeed it gives a green position rating for striker as well. In a way I can understand it but its still a bit wrong in my oppinion. As striker = poacher = goalscorer, its place is in penalty area but I guess you can score from there too if you take a quick sprint.

My friend uses this and he seems to get lots of places created by them. Usually its a long pass or cross to them and then they sprint towards goal or pass it.

i have never made any formation with wingbacks or with FL/FR players so any information regarding this will be great help :D

With the DMR and DML I usually have two DC and one DMC to go with. I dont use SW because it would take benefit of officide trap away and DMC can start the tackling earlier on the bottom midfield. I have my DMR and DML going all the way to the FR and FL space sometimes but usually they come to AMR and AML places. However they only defend on their own half instead of tackling around the pitch.

Edit/Add: I just secured the German League championship with Werden Bremen with this tactic, German Cup final against FC Bayern München still on the works. I ended up conceding least amount of goals in the league (under 1 per game). Boenich played over 7 avarage as did the other wingback. Fritz had trouble adapting to the position and had 6.8? avarage.

I usually get these to play 7.40-8.60 avarage later on. They probably get good rating because I train them in Set Pieces too and use them in freekicks and corners.

Last edited:
i use 5-3-2 with roma with a sweeper, wing backs, wrong footed inside forwards, and a deep lying false nine. here's a screenshot and i'll try to keep my explanation short

asromaFM.jpg

with totti as a static false nine, he draws the opposition DC's high up into midfield, giving space for my FR and FL (vucinic and dos santos) to make diagonal runs into. notice they are wrong-footed inside forwards, so they are usually shooting from their preferred footing. mexes as a libero acts simply as a box2box defender, right behind de rossi, who's a box2box midfielder. i have pizarro set to a static deep lying playmaker role to keep possession. ivanovic and criscito doing a simple defensive job. anyukov and riise provide width.

the good thing about a libero is that he helps keep possession during the attack, and provides extra cover when defending. same as a box to box midfielder IMO, except more defensive. the good thing about FL and FR's are the runs they make into the area between fullback and centerback. most teams play with attacking fullbacks, which plays into this tactic

with wingbacks, sweepers, inside forwards, and box2box midfielders, i feel that this formation provides me a lot of movement and fluidity. i only have pizarro and totti static since they have low stamina, and not surprisingly, i have pizarro as the playmaker and totti as the targetman.

not sure why or why not to have a sweeper keeper. didnt make any significant difference to me when i toggle sweeper keeper on/off

Last edited:
i use 5-3-2 with roma with a sweeper, wing backs, wrong footed inside forwards, and a deep lying false nine. here's a screenshot and i'll try to keep my explanation short

asromaFM.jpg

with totti as a static false nine, he draws the opposition DC's high up into midfield, giving space for my FR and FL (vucinic and dos santos) to make diagonal runs into. notice they are wrong-footed inside forwards, so they are usually shooting from their preferred footing. mexes as a libero acts simply as a box2box defender, right behind de rossi, who's a box2box midfielder. i have pizarro set to a static deep lying playmaker role to keep possession. ivanovic and criscito doing a simple defensive job. anyukov and riise provide width.

the good thing about a libero is that he helps keep possession during the attack, and provides extra cover when defending. same as a box to box midfielder IMO, except more defensive. the good thing about FL and FR's are the runs they make into the area between fullback and centerback. most teams play with attacking fullbacks, which plays into this tactic

with wingbacks, sweepers, inside forwards, and box2box midfielders, i feel that this formation provides me a lot of movement and fluidity. i only have pizarro and totti static since they have low stamina, and not surprisingly, i have pizarro as the playmaker and totti as the targetman.

not sure why or why not to have a sweeper keeper. didnt make any significant difference to me when i toggle sweeper keeper on/off

Is totti a trequartista? I have ronaldinho and pato who can play on FL/FR and i can put huntelaar as a poacher/target man but i still dont really see any improvement on my tactic, mind uploading yours so i can look at your FL/FR settings or mind uploading screenshots of their settings?

Ive used sweeper once and it was great, your tactic fits like a glove for roma having de rossi and mexes doing the box to box duty.

Is totti a trequartista? I have ronaldinho and pato who can play on FL/FR and i can put huntelaar as a poacher/target man but i still dont really see any improvement on my tactic, mind uploading yours so i can look at your FL/FR settings or mind uploading screenshots of their settings?

Ive used sweeper once and it was great, your tactic fits like a glove for roma having de rossi and mexes doing the box to box duty.

yes totti is a trequartista. and how do i save/export a tactic in FM?

i didn't change or tinker with the advanced player instructions. i only change them in game. otherwise, i leave everything unchecked and set as default. my FL/FR's are set to inside forwards (attack duty) with everything default and all checkboxes unchecked. my team instructions are in the above screenshot

my guess is with pato, ronaldinho, and huntelaar on the same line, none of them have any defensive or midfield duties. so right now you have 3 poaches/finishers, but not enough midfield to provide the supply. (inside forwards with attack duty are just wide poachers IMO) your midfield is probably outnumbered so have either pato/ronaldinho on support or drop them back to the AMC line behind huntelaar. especially ronaldinho, if you have him up too high, you're sacrificing and not taking into advantage his wide range of passing, which is crucial for build up play. perhaps just keep pato as a FL and ronaldinho as either a AMC or AMR. it's lopsided, but at least you have an extra creator

the thing is with FL/FR you're significantly depriving the midfield unless you have the FL/FR on support duty or have your ST as a false nine like totti/rooney

techguyatny,
in my opinion, you used a 5-5-0.

how? its just like 3 up front but one is dropped.. would you say barca play 4-5-1 or 4-3-3? cause they often play one central up top and two wide

Tried it with Arsenal at one point, Bendtner, R.V.P and Eduardo upfront.

Beat Hull 8-0 at home, then got thrashed 4-0.

how? its just like 3 up front but one is dropped.. would you say barca play 4-5-1 or 4-3-3? cause they often play one central up top and two wide

for me, barcelona uses 4-5-1.

what I called 5-5-0, is because the wingers score by cutting inside and perhaps shoot outside of the box.
while striker sit up front waiting for the ball fed to them and shoot, or several of them run for the ball and shoot from the centre.

that's just opinion, mate...
don't make it become a big problem.

Back