Giggs and Scholes - Washed-up money makers?

TAPDoink

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm wondering. As legends/icons, when Scholes and Giggs become surplus to requirements at United (Scholes in the first year, Giggs in the second) is it worth trying to keep them out of retirement for the sake of merchandising? I'm not sure exact how much they make in shirt sales and I'm trying to figure out if it is more than what I'd be paying them. Both are also continental standard players still, on paper at least, so surely the revenue for just having them at the club is enough to let them rot in reserves?

Plus they're 2 legends for the clubs. Try convincing them to become coaches when they retire. Keep them in the reserves until they do.

Scholes is a good coach for me. Giggs is my assistant manager for England <3 :D

I've got them both ready to coach but their staff attributes aren't the greatest ever - that is my dilemma, whether they are more useful to me as merchandise in the reserves or as staff.

i still have scholes in my 2nd season playing 30+ games he is immense mate, he and carrick in my first season were awsome, both cm(s) giggs i never used, so no i disagree scholes more so is class still has the ability just intergrate pogba into your team more he is my first choice CM alongside either carrick or scholes and btw i won the EPL CL and LC in my first season and im 8 points clear in feb and dominating again so you judge for yourself and i play 4-3-2-1

scholes I couldn`t get to perform, but giggs as either a winger or more as an advanced playmaker is brilliant, pops up with important goals and performs well consistently. Both are now coaches for me on my Utd save

I have no idea how you are winning trebles while still playing Scholes as a first-team regular, by the 2nd season I have 17 year olds that get a first team slot before him and I'm winning trebles as well - but whatever works for you I suppose...possibly his ability to dictate tempo works perfectly in your formation no matter how weak he is as a player by that point. Giggs is still brilliant second season but quickly losing his spot in the first time to the likes of Kasami, Fernando and Tom Cleverley.