Giggs keen to extend Man Utd deal

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Ryan Giggs tells Manchester United he would like to carry on playing for another season.

More...

Last Man Utd game I watched (v. Liverpool), he was the best on pitch. I think Man Utd should extend his deal as, worryingly enough, he's still one of their best player.

Can we create a potion of immortality for Giggs? <3

he can stay as long as he wants - the manager will stop picking him when he is no longer good enough

Hes grown really really old but is still as good as he was earlier so good they extended his deal

He is just 37 years young. Next year with one year experience he will be even more better player like any youngster.

Hes grown really really old but is still as good as he was earlier so good they extended his deal

Really old?! I'm 35 does that make me really old! Well, does it?!!!! :p lol

But seriously, I'm glad he wants to extend his contract. Another season of watching the master at work

ahhh, the ever green giggs. no doubt one of united's greatest legends. cult hero and forever a champion. i salute you........

Like a fine wine! And he started late as well, only started playing football when he was 10! Maybe that's his secret!?

The performances like the one against Birmingham really shows Giggs have much to offer. Not only as a sub, but also as a starter. It was joy to watch him taking on players, not only from wing position, even centrally where he was dribbling past 3-4 players with ease. He was just WOW with those performances at the age of 37. Apart from yard of pace, he has not lost anything in his game. Actually he is gaining day by day than losing at this age.

Long live Legend Sir Ryan Giggs.

Man Utd should offer him a life long contract, whether it be as a player, coach, scout or even the replacement for Ferguson.

Such a legend.

Maybe he'll be the next Davie weir playing when he's in his forty's(though Giggs is unquestionably much better than weir) and help with the younger players's and I can see him becoming a coach or some back room staff job when he finally decides to hang up his boots :)

Arise Sir Ryan..... I am waiting for that day to come.