Reaction score
Has anoyone on here been manager of Gillingham? If so would you please upload screenshots of your squad, transfer and league table etc.

I have just started my season as the mighty Gills, beating Cambridge and drawing with Bath in my first two pre season games. The wage bill was above limit so i sold a few high earning players who wouldnt be regulars (Maher, McCammon etc) as well as loaning out a few players not good enough for the first team that noone wanted on a permant basis. I also got rid of the staff which i didnt want and replaced them with other staff which had higher ratings in that postion. The physio at the start of the game had a rating of 4 but i managed to sign one with a rating of 20 which dramatically improved the amount of time my players where out for. I also managed to sign the ex Manchester Untied player Lee Sharp as my first team coach.

I am possibly going to start writing a story about my career would there be enough people intersted to make it worth while?

Hi i have started a career with Gillingham. Promoted first season - after leading the league for the entire season and having a huge gap to 2nd place my team just hit the wall and we finished a bit lucky on 2nd place with only 1 point down to playoff. 2nd season im sitting just under the playoff spot in league 1 at the end of january.

In first season my main man was without a doubt Bruce Ingango who scored like crazy used in playmaker role between attack and midfield. His attributes are very weak but he is a killah:)

If i bother i can create some screens later today.

I am Gillingham on my game and like chooney was promoted first season finishing second. I am now top of league one just coming up to January.

On my game i have relied on players from relegated champ teams because they will be willing to sign. On my game Ipswich and Doncaster were relegated and i signed about 3 players from each. Sharp and Priskin are fantastic together up top.

If i can figure out how to upload some screenshots i will, good luck with your career let me no how it goes.

P.s you can follow my career on the thread called "turning it around"
UTG!!

Here's some screenshots and just now to add to my squad i have signed Danny Gabbidon - rotting in West Ham reserves to strengthen my defence and Jay Emmanuel Thomas a up coming youngster released by Arsenal.

I am looking for a good DCM though, any help would be great!

Please post the contracts of players so i can see ur wages and also ur transfer history. It some team u have put together there... I have no money in my game what so ever...

Gillinghamfan - That is a complete new squad within 18 months! Have you used any cheats in any way?
If you haven't then i am very impressed with the quality of players you have signed!(H)

Gillinghamfan - That is a complete new squad within 18 months! Have you used any cheats in any way?
If you haven't then i am very impressed with the quality of players you have signed!(H)

My thoughts exactly - im struggling just to get a decent loan player who will join. Thats why I ask for contract wages and transfer history screens - because this look a bit suspecious (H)

I'm on my second season with the Gills, first season automatic promotion. Used the standard players plus Cory Evans from Man United, Louis Moult from Stoke and Dean Parret from Spurs all on loan.
Signed Gaultier Mahoto and Frode Johnsen on free transfers, got a good wage deal by haggling to ****! Both fitted straight into the team and can play multiple positions. Plus I think Johnsen will last me at least one more season, promotion or not. Mahoto is a player that is developing with the team. He's also valued at £275,000 so if he does leave, I can use the money elsewhere.

In league one now and flying high after a bad start, second position at the beginning of November. The problem was the influx of new players. As you know, half of the first teams contracts expire after the first season, but they're not good enough to do the business in League one, so I sold whoever I could and the rest left on free's.

Man, there are some great players out there if you look hard enough! I spent A LOT of time searching though. Apart from the regens made from the game and Ryan Esson(best keeper I could find for the money) at £4,000.

On the 22/6/2011 I signed Lewis Stevenson, Gavin Morrison and Peter Bradley on free transfers. Then the wage budget wouldn't allow anymore, so I held on and hoped the rest of my targets wouldn't get snapped up.

In the new season, I signed LOADS of players and I can't be bothered to include all of them, I'll include the best ones...Badis Lebbihi, Namaie Mendy, Callum McRobbie, Gil Blumstein, Steven Thicot, Michael Woods, Giammarco Corsino, Filipo Maria Scardina, Jeremy Helan, Jason Lowe...to name a few. A couple of players I know from doing 4 seasons with QPR before this. The rest you should be able to find. Mostly from Scottish teams. I've got a lot more than that, but they're the ones ready to jump into the first team. I will post a screen shot if someone tells me how. the young players are all loaned out to league 2 or lower teams. Corry Evans is back on loan again, just because he was good for me last season. Tactics are 4-1-3-2(no wingers), counter then instructions depending on who's playing. Sometimes I stick on of the CM's to AM for variety.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

I'm on my second season with the Gills, first season automatic promotion. Used the standard players plus Cory Evans from Man United, Louis Moult from Stoke and Dean Parret from Spurs all on loan.
Signed Gaultier Mahoto and Frode Johnsen on free transfers, got a good wage deal by haggling to ****! Both fitted straight into the team and can play multiple positions. Plus I think Johnsen will last me at least one more season, promotion or not. Mahoto is a player that is developing with the team. He's also valued at £275,000 so if he does leave, I can use the money elsewhere.

In league one now and flying high after a bad start, second position at the beginning of November. The problem was the influx of new players. As you know, half of the first teams contracts expire after the first season, but they're not good enough to do the business in League one, so I sold whoever I could and the rest left on free's.

Man, there are some great players out there if you look hard enough! I spent A LOT of time searching though. Apart from the regens made from the game and Ryan Esson(best keeper I could find for the money) at £4,000.

On the 22/6/2011 I signed Lewis Stevenson, Gavin Morrison and Peter Bradley on free transfers. Then the wage budget wouldn't allow anymore, so I held on and hoped the rest of my targets wouldn't get snapped up.

In the new season, I signed LOADS of players and I can't be bothered to include all of them, I'll include the best ones...Badis Lebbihi, Namaie Mendy, Callum McRobbie, Gil Blumstein, Steven Thicot, Michael Woods, Giammarco Corsino, Filipo Maria Scardina, Jeremy Helan, Jason Lowe...to name a few. A couple of players I know from doing 4 seasons with QPR before this. The rest you should be able to find. Mostly from Scottish teams. I've got a lot more than that, but they're the ones ready to jump into the first team. I will post a screen shot if someone tells me how. the young players are all loaned out to league 2 or lower teams. Corry Evans is back on loan again, just because he was good for me last season. Tactics are 4-1-3-2(no wingers), counter then instructions depending on who's playing. Sometimes I stick on of the CM's to AM for variety.

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:01 PM ----------

I agree, there are a few players in that team, that even now I'm near the top of the table(Fabio Borini for example) are absolutely not interested.

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

Are you still playing this save? I was looking on the official forums, but I swear I can't find anyone else playing it!

Gillingham fc 210/2011

My problem with Gills is no money and stupid natural fitness of two of my players (see shots).
How can anyone have natural fitness of 3 or 4, that wouldn't even been good enough for a sunday team. I could change them but don;t want to cheat. Got three good loan players Cody Macdonald already there from norwich 18 games 14 goals. Plus Ben Mee from Man City. and Michael Woods from Chelsea.

Now third in table first season, but struggle with fitness for next games.

Any help will be gratefully recieved.

I used Akinfewa as a bench player most of the time, both my main strikers were loaned and he'd come on in the last 30 minutes. Jackman was alright, I got myself a good DM(Corry Evans) on loan and used Jackman to cover LB or DM.

Where is Simon King? He was a key player for me. I recommend signing Mahoto if he's stil free.

Simon king is injured, might try corry evans when loan window opens, I played Akinfewa and he got injured in his second game. I find that fm stats for stamina and natural fitness are somewhat unrealistic, but always found that in every year...

Yeah Akinfewa got injured regularly in my game too. Get yourself a good physio, and try and replace the entire backroom staff too.

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Frode Johnsen and Mahoto were very good signings for me too. Johnsen is easily championship standard, even though he's old, he'll last three seasons.

---------- Post added at 03:52 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:30 PM ----------

Just got promoted to the Championship! This is where it gets tough. I'm not expecting to be in the Premier League any time soon!

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 03:52 AM ----------

First game...lost 2-1 to Derby away. We played alright though!

Ok so here is my update. Sorry for the delay :). Im playing this as a network game with one of my friends who has been sacked a couple of times and still finds himself stuck in league 2 :)

Headlines of my carreer so far:
Promotion first season from league 2
Lost in Playoff Second season League 1
Won League 1 third season
Just missed playoffs in fourth season
Currently topping the championship table.

Key Transfers:
Without a doubt the free transfer of Zezinho from santos who joined after first season :O. Sold him while still in league 1 for 20m DKK (equals 2m pounds). Needless to say that made the foundation of a healthy economy... However still impossible to make big name signings because no club reputation.

Gianni Bruno - great belgium talent - lethal in front of goal (poacher)

Jose Baxter - got him on free - he didnt perform so i sold him and managed to receive a stunning 24m DKK (2.4´m pounds)

My strategy in transfers has been clear - mainly free players and give time to settle in. Have only spend 1.6m pounds on players while receiving 7.75m pounds.... Maybe thats is why i have 100% financial control and 90% squad discipline :)

Now i wanted to include screenshots - how do i do??

Last edited:
Nice one Chooney!

I'm in the Premier League with Gillingham now, although I had a break for a bit. Got promoted from the Championship, via the play-off's. I know it sounds stupid, but I was kind of hoping we wouldn't win, didn't think we were ready for the Premier League (still don't!), in terms of facilities and stadium. But, we beat Wigan fair and square, so here we are! I think the trick to this has been the players I have brought in developing at the same time as the club, along with a few mentors to aid their development. We're 12th in the Premier League, get trounced by the bigger teams, but I've narrowed it down to about 5-6 teams that we can beat and hope for a few draws against bigger sides. that should be just enough to keep us up. Plus we're making about £2.5m per month profit so hopefully there'll be a new stadium in the pipeline. My first team reads...

GK-Constanzo
RB- Corsino
DC- De Laet
DC- Lebbihi
LB- Stevenson
DM- Alexa
MC- Woods
MC- Horova
MC- Ferreti(regen)
ST- Scardina
ST- Kone(regen)

Apart from Kone (£200k) the rest were free/end of contract signings.

I tend to play attacking, with a deep line, to the strikers feet.

Hahah I just ducked Gillingham in the bong hole 5 - 0 with a newly promoted Cambridge team :D

Last edited:
Nice one Chooney!

I'm in the Premier League with Gillingham now, although I had a break for a bit. Got promoted from the Championship, via the play-off's. I know it sounds stupid, but I was kind of hoping we wouldn't win, didn't think we were ready for the Premier League (still don't!), in terms of facilities and stadium. But, we beat Wigan fair and square, so here we are! I think the trick to this has been the players I have brought in developing at the same time as the club, along with a few mentors to aid their development. We're 12th in the Premier League, get trounced by the bigger teams, but I've narrowed it down to about 5-6 teams that we can beat and hope for a few draws against bigger sides. that should be just enough to keep us up. Plus we're making about £2.5m per month profit so hopefully there'll be a new stadium in the pipeline. My first team reads...

GK-Constanzo
RB- Corsino
DC- De Laet
DC- Lebbihi
LB- Stevenson
DM- Alexa
MC- Woods
MC- Horova
MC- Ferreti(regen)
ST- Scardina
ST- Kone(regen)

Apart from Kone (£200k) the rest were free/end of contract signings.

I tend to play attacking, with a deep line, to the strikers feet.

Thx mate - and back at you as well.

I won the Championship and now just before new year we are 9th in the PL after winning my last 4-5 games in a row. Before that we were under relegation border. Think it was due to a whole lot of new players - but actually the once from my championship side are outperforming my new expensive guys :(

Im also doing profits around 2.5m £ a month - but cannot ask for any stadium requests :(

There has been takeover talks for a couple of months now, some local business man, but it has not worked out yet. Hopefully he will take over, clear my bank loan of 2m £ and grant a new stadium - and of course let my stay in my seat.

Apart from my success with gillingham, i won the asia nations cup with australia and took over croatia who had already qualified for the european championship winning the q-stage with a strong team.

This is an epic game. As mentioned i play this with a friend over network - and he is still in league 2 after 5 seasons :D. He managed the congos and now he is also in charge of colombia sitting top of the World cup qualifying stages

Nice one! I haven't taken any National roles just yet, I'm finding this Gills team a lot of effort to manage ha ha! Just got Sturridge, Lescott and Gibbs on free transfers. Got rid of some fringe players and Stevenson, Lebbihi and Alexa. Got a regen in goal (20-eccentricity :D) and let Contstanzo go. I'm gutted about Alexa and Frode Johnsen, I spent two seasons telling them 'you'd make a good coach/***. manager/manager, could've got them for under £1k per week wages, but the board blocked it and I didn't want to lose any coaching staff...they now want £20k plus per week!!!! :/

Who else...got Addison and Clyne for about £2m each.

Just played first two games in 2014/15 season, lost 2-1 to Man Utd and drew 1-1 with Spurs, both away so I'm quite happy. Plus I made a major mistake of letting my assistant take control of all pre-season friendlies, cos I swear NONE of my first team were fit for the first game. I do think they should sort this out, the reserves/assistant role in the game.

GK- Ignacio Paoli (rgn) Davidovic (rgn)
RB- Corsino Clyne
CB- De Laet Kevin Long
CB- Lescott Addison
LB- Gibbs Lescott/Lorenzo Burnett
DM- Addison Ricardo Dias
CM- Scardina Paulo Regula
CM- Woods McEachran
CM- Horova Jimmy Van Bergen(rgn)
ST- Sturridge Paterson
ST- Kone(rgn) Nava (rgn)