Gimme, Gimme, Gimme ... (svenska sensationer)

Lilywhite96

Reaction score
Hello, welcome to my very first FM Story.

I think i have finally found a save that i can stick to until FM23, here's hoping...

Inspired by my new favourite lily, Dejan Kulusevski, i will be aiming to take his youth team, IF Brommapojkarna, to the top of Swedish football and beyond.
I'll have to navigate the Superetten, survive the Allsvenskan, topple the mighty Malmo and strive for European glory.

I will also be setting the background task of building Sweden, both domestically and nationally.
The challenge of taking the Allsvenskan and the Swedish national team to number 1 in the world is daunting, but also exciting. Let's go!

Nation Overview.png

Coeeficients.png

But first, IF Brommapojkarna...

IF_Brommapojkarna_logo.svg.png

A modest club with no real honours to shout about, they are known in Sweden for their ability to produce top talents through their youth system.
Perfect for this save.
The facilities are somewhat lacking, but the youth recruitment is well represented in the game so i'll be looking to take advantage of that, hopefully sooner rather than later.

I'll have to get used to the new season schedule, with the Swedish season running April to November. I have taken over in March 2022, Sunday league experience and a Pro license. The badges can be tedious for me, unless i'm playing an unemployed journeyman save.

Transfers

With a modest budget, there wasn't a lot of room to manoeuvre in the market; however, i did manage to pick up 2 players on a free.
Mainly for depth, although Magnus Lundal is already looking like a coup for the club.

Transfer 1.png

Transfer 2.png

The season started with the Swedish Cup Group Stage.
4 teams, 3 games, group winner advances to the Quarters,simple.

With 2 top division sides in the group, i used these games as an extension of our preseason. Scheduling friendlies afterwards to fill the gap before the league starts in April.

Swedish Cup results.png

After giving a good account of ourselves against the top sides, and comfortably beating the other side from our division, we are out; oh well!

April

April Results.png

Great start!
Unbeaten with two good wins, couldn't ask for much more.
Still very much in the unknown about what level we are at, and how good these results actually are, but for now i'll certainly take it.

One name stands out more than the others, Marijan Cosic.
He has been superb for us, scoring in every game bar the 0-0 bore draw. Even having the audacity to fire in a free kick from 30yrds against AFC Eskilstuna.
He takes my player of the month award for April. More to come please!

POTM - April.png

With those results, we sit nicely 2nd in the league. Predicted to come 8th, but who can trust the media?

April Table.png

That just about does it for my first ever post.

I will try and update as much as possible as the save progresses, however, i am eager to get into the top flight as soon as possible so the save can get going properly.
Hopefully that'll be sooner rather than later...

Thanks for reading, please feel free to leave any comments and feedback.
Hope you enjoy following my trusty Swedes and I on our journey to the top!

"Gimme, gimme, gimme a ginger from Sweden,
He came from Juventus and he plays on the wing,

Gimme, gimme, gimme a ginger from Sweden,
Number 21, his name is KULUSEVSKI!"

Screenshot 2022-03-26 201023.png

**** of a first post! Love a low key Youth/Build a Nation save, and I've not seen one in Sweden for quite some time!

Great first month in charge, and you know for sure I'm a Brommapojkarna fan now!

This is tough...

I have progressed a few months since my first post.
We are now in July, with the summer transfer window now open meaning we can again look to strengthen on our shoestring budget..

Firstly, the results.

May,June,July results.png

As you can see, we love to share the spoils, we don't enjoy being greedy and taking all three points for ourselves.
After a positive start to the season, we can barely buy a win, 2 in our last 13, awful!

However, we have had some good performances, a lot of the time being comfortably ahead, before letting ourselves down and capitulating at the vital moments. Joys of having a young squad i guess...
Luckily, the board only want us to avoid relegation, so my job isn't at risk.. yet.

On a positive note, the intake we have coming looks good, and our youngsters out on the loan in the tier below are doing well.
Hoping that they can be a foundation for us to build upon. This season is all about stabilising.

Transfers

Not much to update on as it's the first day of the window as I'm writing this, only one player was pre-agreed to come in.

Please welcome Kyle Hudlin.

Kyle Hudlin joins.png

This absolute tower of a man has done wonders for me before in the English football league so i'm hoping he can replicate that over in snowy Stockholm.
He joins on a free, and although his star ratings don't look great, im very much looking to exploit his size and jumping reach. Near post corners still work right?

More to come soon...​

**** of a first post! Love a low key Youth/Build a Nation save, and I've not seen one in Sweden for quite some time!

Great first month in charge, and you know for sure I'm a Brommapojkarna fan now!

Thanks for the support! if only the season ran along side the other major European competitions, i don't understand what the reasoning is for not doing so...

Gimme gimme gimme a ginger from Sweden, he came from Juventus just to play at the Laaaaaaane!