Gimnastic de Tarragona | New Spanish Power

Winters

Reaction score
dfg_zps7630d7c3.png

Jorge D'Alessandro has resigned as manager of Gimnastic de Tarragona due to being relegated and he has left with immediate effect. Gimnstic de Tarragona were quick to respond to his resignation by appointing their youth team coach Martyn Brown as manager on a 2-year-deal.

Gimnastic de Tarragona have set him [Martyn Brown] the task of promotion straight back up at the first time of asking. A short statement from the new manager [Martyn Brown] and the club [Gimnastic de Tarragona] has been given out by the clubs secretary.

*Club*
"We are pleased to announce Martyn Brown as the new manager of Gimnastic de Tarragona. He has been set the task of immediate promotion and has been given the full backing of the board for the upcoming campaign."

*Martyn Brown*
"I am happy to be named the new manager and will strive to regain our place back in Liga BBVA within a few seasons. All ages will be given the chance here at Gimnastic de Tarragona especially our youth talents home grown at the club and other brought in."

-----

First Season

Transfer Budget: 0
Wage Budget: 38,202
Media Prediction: 2nd

I hope to challenge for the title this season and sell of some older players on high earning to free up funds and wages.

Last edited:
Tactics

I would like to thank
JP Woody for releasing this tactic as I can work with/around it to make it work for most teams I manage and it will be implemented in its full form with Gimnastic de Tarragona.

28jhf0w.png

Pre-Season Friendlies

Gimnastic 5
- 0 Pobla de Mafumet

Gimnastic 1 - 5 Barcelona
Gimnastic 1 - 4 Real Madrid

Spezia 1 - 2 Gimnastic
Amiens SC Football 1 - 1 Gimnastic
Celano 0 - 3 Gimnastic
Gimnastic 3 - 1 Inter Milan Reserves

Good results in pre-season with only two losses to the biggest clubs in Spain. Barcelona did NOT play their best side but Real Madrid played a near full strength squad. I was happy to get a goal in each of them and the result against Inter Milan Reserves was the best result by far.

Now to push on into the league campaign.

Last edited:
Updates will be slow due to work but over weekend I plan to get out as many updates as possible.

August

s3k6sk.jpg

Only 1 game coming in August so this is a really really short update.

Gimnastic 2 - 1 Gimnastica
O.G (26), O.G (45+1)

2 own goals give us the first win of the season in the first match. Not the best game but something to build off and tactic has been changed accordingly.

Sept_zpsbaee4bac.jpg

Zamora 1 - 3 Gimnastic
Cidoncha (1), Peragon (76), O.G (88)

Easy win for us against Zamora, Peragon the architect in all 3 goals.

---

Gimnastic 4 - 1 Alcoyano
Peragon (22, 26, 71, 90)

Easy win in the Copa Del Ray 2nd Round. This guy is unstoppable, 5 in 2 now!

---

Cartagena 0 - 4 Gimnastic
Peragon (35), Moran (36), Cidoncha (47), Abalo (58)

Can we lose.....Peragon now has 6 in 3!

---

Gimnastic 1 - 1 Amorebieta

Moran (89), Mairata (Sent Off 50)

We scramble a draw in the 89th minute after we get a man sent off in the 50th minute for 2nd bookable offense and 100% record is GONE!!!!

---

Eibar 0 - 4 Gimnastic
Peragon (4, 43, 87), Abalo (28)

Can he stop scoring, this is un-freaking-believable!!!!!!!!!!

---

Gimnastic 4 - 1 U.D Logrones
Peragon (31, 51, 64, 90+1)

This lad will not be SOLD as he is a beast, 33 years of age and such a beast!

---

League Table

e9bsic.png

I have gone into November without doing the October update so next one will be January update.