Given out for up to three months

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester City goalkeeper Shay Given may be sidelined for up to three months because of a shoulder injury.

More...

he hasn't played much football anyway he should leave city in the summer should go back to newcastle

I think he may be one of the signings for Newcastle by using the Carroll money. Shame because he is good enough to be first choice.

Amazing keeper and a true legend here, deserves better then City's bench, wouldn't mind United signing him if were not going to be splashing big cash in the summer for a young replacment for VDS.

Amazing keeper and a true legend here, deserves better then City's bench, wouldn't mind United signing him if were not going to be splashing big cash in the summer for a young replacment for VDS.

Nahh sorry not for me....
If Hart is City's No1 that shows he isn't good enough for a team trying to get into CL, let alone a team already in the CL.

If Hart is City's No1 that shows he isn't good enough for a team trying to get into CL, let alone a team already in the CL.

Hart is England's No.1 he is no slouch, As I said if we don't sign a young keeper and go for a cheap option I wouldn't mind it being Given he has a few more years in him and he is better then Lindergard and Kuzeach(sp)

he is more than good enough for city and im sure Mancini wouldnt give a **** if he had to start Given, Hart is playing ahead of him as he is (nearly imo) as good and quite a bit younger.

he hasn't played much football anyway he should leave city in the summer should go back to newcastle

He left us halfway through our relegation season and was worth at least a point had he stayed (would have kept us up), I wouldn't want him back. Also it wouldn't be fair on Harper who finally has his chance to shine, although hopefully not for too long since Forster and Krul both need to start laying their claim to #1 shirt before they get tempted away by the prospect of first team play. (Forster has started 82 senior games, but not one at Newcastle). Imo Arsenal or Man United would be good destinations, but doubt City would sell to either.

He left us halfway through our relegation season and was worth at least a point had he stayed (would have kept us up), I wouldn't want him back. Also it wouldn't be fair on Harper who finally has his chance to shine, although hopefully not for too long since Forster and Krul both need to start laying their claim to #1 shirt before they get tempted away by the prospect of first team play. (Forster has started 82 senior games, but not one at Newcastle). Imo Arsenal or Man United would be good destinations, but doubt City would sell to either.

Agreed. When the team were struggling, he left - so he's not coming back. Same with Michael Owen/ Martins all that crew (though its hard to get upset about them). I've always thought Arsenal would be the best destination for him, they need a quality PL-proved goalkeeper that won't break the bank and bam, there he is.

I don't think a top team will end up with him. Honestly I think he will end up at Fulham or Villa etc

only player in man city squad that I like. I would love to see him in manchester united.

fantastic keeper that is much too good for city bench. Arsenal should go for him