NinjaPHD

Reaction score
When do you give high rated youth products debuts? I have a 16 year old who is good at championship level (I'm managing Chelsea) that I wouldn't mind giving a debut too before I give him loan experience. I was wondering if this is maybe too young to give him 5 or so minutes at the back end of a demolition of a team or in a Cup game?

If he's Championship standard at 16 I'd have him in my first team.. Play him against weaker teams and cup matches. Also, who says he's Championship standard? Your assistant? His opinion of him will change from week to week.

I don't see why you need to give him a debut before loaning him out though..?

Gave this guy his debut at the start of the season, aged 16... He's ended up being one of my influencial players :D

View attachment 214491

I tend to give a youth player a run in a lull of easy games, and see how they perform. If they struggle I loan them out, not really bothered about the age of them - don't matter if they're 15 or 20 if they score goals, or make tackles.

He is only 1 star, prnt screen to follow.
youngman.png

Last edited:
I'd have him in my first team, definitely. You won't be able to loan him out until next season anyway. Just play him in the cup matches and if he does well then keep him in, if not loan him out next year.

My problem is that he cost me 15 million, which may seem much but I have a complete first team, and just need some more youth talent that I could rely to push through.

So playing them in easy(ish) games and cup games is good for the promising youngsters, but once you get into more difficult opposition and clutch games that you really need to be winning where should they be? In the first team but probably not in the match day squad or getting some playing time in the U18s/Reserves?