Looks good pal. KIU. Who you got in your youngsters that are good I'm going to try and bring a youngster through next season with Palermo.

Looks good pal. KIU. Who you got in your youngsters that are good I'm going to try and bring a youngster through next season with Palermo.

At the moment there is just the young lad coming from Brazil for peanuts, he's a quality RB potentially 4 stars against a RB I already have that City desperately wanted. And there should be a young Uruguayan striker called Gonzalo Barreto, has the potential to be as good as Zarate, got him tutored by Rocchi at the moment as he's the most similar to him, and Rocchi has great mental stats.

Looks good mate, keep it up. good luck :)

Thanks very much mate, should hopefully have the October update up sometime this afternoon, possibly before 2, if not it will be after 4 because I'm at uni.

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 05:27 PM ----------

October Review

This will hopefully be a month of pushing forward and gaining momentum. We’ve had the first 5 games out the way and come out of it looking decent at times. But now starts the hard graft and time to show the other Serie A clubs our determination to be within the Elite.

Serie A – 3 October 2010 – Match 6 – JUVENTUS

The Lazio Team

Muslera
Aogo Radu Dias Lichtsteiner
Capoue
El Ghanassy Hernanes
Mauri Bresciano
Zarate

Slight changes due to injuries mean Hernanes will remain on the right hand side of midfield. Rocchi is replaced by Mauri to have a more possession ideal line-up. Will be difficult but I have a feeling we may win, but I’ll go for a draw. 1-1.

JUVENTUS 1 – 2 LAZIO
Quagliarella (9) – Mauri (20), Zárate (57)

stefano-mauri-mauro-matias-zarate-2009-8-20-22-17-0.jpg

A great result that we deserved after this game. Juventus went ahead with a great strike from Quagliarella, but from then on we dominated the game. As I hoped, we kept hold of possession well away from home and utilized it to great effect. They may have had more shots, but we made ours count.

MOTM – Stefano Mauri

t_mauri_stefano_mauri-2049882.jpg

A great game from the 30-year-old. I could have gone with two upfront today but I suppose that my decision was vindicated in Mauri’s performance. He held the ball well, scored the first and set up the second. A magnificent display, and may warrant him more first team opportunities.

Serie A – 17 October 2010 – Match 7 – BARI

The Lazio Squad

Muslera
Aogo Radu Dias Lictsteiner
Capoue
El Ghanassy Hernanes
Mauri
Zarate Rocchi

I really want us to go into this game with masses of confidence. We will have most of the possession, so I want us to try and get a good score. 3-0.

LAZIO 30 BARI
Zárate (9), Mauri (13), Garrido (80) Donati (MISSED PENALTY 28)

5b49466445fd9a71126409f9f9ebc962-getty-fbl-ita-lazio-bari.jpg

A very good win in a game where we wasn’t as dominant as expected. It was one of those games where you can see that a team with real quality can win games and that’s what happened today. Bari played well, especially in the second half, but missed every opportunity. And their best opportunity was their only one on target, when Muslera saved Donati’s penalty. Glad Zárate has scored again, and Mauri continues from his man of the match performance last game.

MOTM – Tommaso Rocchi

rocchit.jpg

A real captains performance today from Rocchi. Played outstanding from start to finish, setting up a goal and constantly applying pressure to their defence. And when he asked questions, Bari had no answers. Simply put, Rocchi was the quality that won this game.

Serie A – 24 October 2010 – Match 8 – BRESCIA

The Lazio Squad

Muslera
Capoue
El Ghanassy Hernanes
Mauri
Zarate Rocchi

Same team as the Bari game, and I’m hoping for a win here. 2-1.

BRESCIA 2 2 LAZIO
Cordova (26), Caracciolo (40) Zebina (S.O 31) Zárate (8), Rocchi (39)

Eder+Citadin+Martins+Brescia+Calcio+v+Citta+iEMcLenRw3Cl.jpg

A really, really poor result that we deserved. We went ahead and we look comfortable, and they score a wonder free-kick. Zebina hacks down El Ghanassy and gets himself sent off, and later we score a second. This is where you think right, we’ve got this game. Then, a defensive howler from both my centre backs, and they score straight away. Then, the ref really gave everything to them, and we couldn’t score. I’m really worried about complacency against smaller teams away from home. I think I’ll drill this home next time.

MOTM – Andrea Caracciolo

Andrea_Caracciolo.jpg

Set up their first, neatly finished off their second, he had a good game. He really knocked Dias’ confidence this game, and he needs to bounce back.

Italian Cup – Third Qualifying Round – 27 October 2010 – REGGINA

The Lazio Sqaud

Muselra
Garrido Biava Diakite Scaloni
Ledesma
Bresciano Gonzalez
Witsel
Zarate Floccari

A changed side but I still expect a win, also a return to the side for Gonzalez and Floccari after injuries. 3-0.

LAZIO 0 2 REGGINA
Diakite (S.O 5) Missiroli (2), Viola (82)

Dominic+Adiyiah+Reggina+Calcio+v+Grosseto+EXdCOEY8wXjl.jpg

I don’t think I can find a word to state how furious I am. The players seemed up for it, but one player has spoilt it today, and that’s Diakite. He is way out of position for the first goal that goes in, and 3 minutes later jumps in two footed and gets himself sent off. We wasted too many chances today, Bresciano is obsessed with blasting it at the keeper, and Zárate had to be taken off so a defender could be brought on. I really laid into Diakite after the game, and fined him two weeks wages. To his credit, he took it on the chin. I’m glad he did, because if he would have done anything else he would be out of the door.

MOTM – Daniel Adejo

39c6c2065b849e99f902c2e84392ebac-56249-1281723094.jpeg

Had a great game and kept composed. Any of their players could have won this, they really came and played football tonight and congratulations to them.

Serie A – 31 October 2010 – Match 9 – BOLOGNA

The Lazio Squad

Muslera
Capoue
El Ghanassy Gonzalez
Mauri Hernanes
Zarate

I think we are overdue a win, and with a slight change in formation I think we can get one. 2-0.

LAZIO 1 0 BOLOGNA
Zárate (21)

lazio-bologna.jpg

Personally, I think the scoreline flatters the opponents. We had opportunities during the game but didn’t take them. We were more unlucky than useless this time around, but Bresciano put another less-than-inspiring performance from the subs bench. I’ll have to look into this sooner rather than later

MOTM – Mauro Zárate

55612_news.jpg

Didn’t really put a foot wrong today. Took his goal very well, and some superb saves from Vivano only stopped him from getting 4 or 5.

Final Thought

This month has been odd to say the least. I am disappointed to go out in the Italian Cup, but then again it allows us to concentrate more on the league and attempt to get into Europe. Not losing this month see’s us jump into 3rd after 9 games with 18 points, which I’m very pleased with. Next month will be incredibly tough, with games against Genoa, AC Milan, Napoli and Udinese. We also have the most anticipated game for our supporters, the magnificent Derby of the Capital against our arch rivals, AS Roma.

-

-

Great update mate. Looking good. Keep it up pal. Zarate is doing ok, how are ou playing him?

Great update mate. Looking good. Keep it up pal. Zarate is doing ok, how are ou playing him?

I've set him to Poacher/Attack. He has great speed and finishing, and he basically hangs on the last defender, gets the ball and slots it home most of the time. I'm glad he's getting slowly more consistant though.

Abel Hernandez was like that for me... the ******!

It's a good way to play mate.

Do you get a lot of goals where they have a goal kick, your midfield win the header, it goes behind the defense and say Hernandez gets on the end of it away from the defense and scores? I did in pre-season and the goal against Juventus did the same.

Great story mate, like the layout and I like some of the Lazio players KIU :)

p.s take a peek at mine too if you get a chance

Great story mate, like the layout and I like some of the Lazio players KIU :)

p.s take a peek at mine too if you get a chance

Cheers mate, I am really starting to fall in love with Lazio, we have some tough games ahead though.

And I've taken many peeks, not to sound peverted, but it's a magnificent story.

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

The Derby of Rome

lazio-roma.jpg

The time has come for the first Derby della Capitale of the season, and my first experience of this fiery encounter. I know this game is massively important not only to us and our season, but to our fans and to gain the bragging rights of the country. The “Curva Nord” or the northern arch, will be alight with blue as we attempt to defeat our bitter rivals. This match also has another incentive, after the attacks on former manager Edoardo Reja, we will go all out for a win here today.

Ranieri: “Lazio A Small Club”

claudio_ranieri_roma_02_ap.jpg

AS Roma boss Claudio Ranieri today stirred up the rivalry ahead of the Derby of Rome, claiming that Lazio is “only a small club”
In his press conference, Ranieri said: “In the city of Rome, Lazio are only a small club. Roma are much more dominant and we have all the qualities they wish they had”
Ranieri went on to say that the opposing manager Nathan Staples was an “amateur” and that “eventually everyone will find him out and he will be fired.”
Ranieri went on to say “We want to win the league. Lazio only want to achieve mid table. That shows you that they are a small club as anything remotely good will be taken as success.”

Staples: “In Honour Of Reja”

Edoardo+Reja+Parma+FC+v+SS+Lazio+Serie+ZbnmESOu0vvl.jpg

With the Derby of Rome fast approaching, Lazio manager Nathan Staples has declared that this match will be “in honour of Reja.”
Having only spent 4 months at the club, Staples said: “I have fallen in love with Lazio. It’s in my blood now and I can see the desire in the players faces to win this for our fans.”
In a response to Ranieri’s comments, he said: “He is afraid. He can see that we are growing stronger and he is worried that his Roma side will struggle to compete.”
This being his first Derby della Capitale, Staples is said to be “raring to go” and is positive in getting a result.”

Serie A – 7 November 2010 – Match 10 – THE DERBY OF ROME – AS ROMA

The Lazio Squad

Muslera
Aogo Radu Dias Scaloni
Capoue
El Ghanassy Gonzalez
Mauri Hernanes
Zárate

A similar line up to the last game, except Scaloni comes in for the suspended Lichtsteiner (4 yellow cards). The players are really up for it, and even though we are away technically, it will be just like a home game. I’m feeling confident, so I will go with a 1-0 win.

ROMA 2 4 LAZIO
Vucinic (45+1), Brighi (90+2) Dias (17), Hernanes (22), El Ghanassy (39), Zárate (57)

123408.jpg

A fitting result for an outstanding performance from us today. From the off, we never really looked like losing. We played well with the football, passed well, pressured them on the ball well. The most pleasing about this game is Roma had 22 shots, 7 on target, and 19 of those were from outside the box, showing how well the defence and Capoue played. We, on the other hand, had 9 shots, 6 on target, 4 goals. When you have a strike rate like that, you will win games. The only downside was a card happy referee, with 7 yellows for both sides. And I genuinely counted 8 of them for shirt pulling, which if upheld for the whole game for every shirt pull, there would be no players left on the field. A result that will live long in the fans memories, and a big black mark on Ranieri’s CV for when he goes to the Job Centre tomorrow. A small club we most certainly are not.

MOTM – Yassine El Ghanassy

ghanassy.jpg

The young Belgian ran rings around Cassetti today, showing real maturity. A good goal, a great cross for Dias’ header, he is showing real promise. Any worry of the €2.5 million price tag has vanished. In fact, I now think that is a bargain.

Final Though

This game could not have gone better. A very confident performance lifts us up into the dizzying heights of 2nd, two points off top spot, whilst it condemns Roma to a lowly 14th position. Not only that, Ranieri has lost his job as Roma boss and they are now needing a new manager. I hope the next opposing manager takes us more seriously, because right now, Lazio are the biggest club in Rome.

-

-​

Last edited:
Good result mate... KIU

Cheers mate, i'm glad i got one over Ranieri too, your story inspired my despise of him.

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:54 PM ----------

If anyone is still interested, I'll have an update tonight.

I've had a ton of uni work to finish, so if there is any interest, I can do an update tonight.

---------- Post added at 04:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 AM ----------

Mods you can close this, I might do another story when I have more time, the updates are too far spaced about.

PM me anyone if you would want me to start a new one.