Reaction score
I haven't really tinkered much with goalkeeper player instructions before, but let's say you have a keeper who occasionally strays 20 yards or so out with the ball at his feet, often down the flank, and then hits terrible passes straight to the opposition, leaving them an open goal to have a crack at - how would you try to counter these errors? If I set his mentality to defensive & little creative freedom, wouldn't that also impact his coming out to sweep up long through balls? (I'm generally playing control - short passing- fairly high defensive line).

The keeper is Julian Speroni, who's been pretty solid for the most part, but throws in the odd howler just to keep me on my toes. I'm pretty much on the verge of promotion & can replace him soon. Had some money set aside to try get Koval/Sommer/Ospina (who are not interested at the moment, but might be if I get into PL?), but now have the opportunity to get Timo Horn for around 2m. Any suggestions on how Horn compares with these others? Shot stopping seems kind of mediocre (for now at least), but I could take time introducing him.

(I'm playing as Derby, 1st season, by the way. Wasn't too impressed with Fielding; got Speroni on p/x deal for Legzdins).

Timo is a good solid keeper, was a wonderkid on my United save when I got him :)

setting what you said would impact that yes, however, after years of playing Fm I mostly ALWAYS leave keepers settings on default, the only thing I change is their distribution - defender collect (leave as none, so whoever is open) and short passing as not to hoof the ball needlessly

what is his eccentricity stat and kicking stat?

Timo is a good solid keeper, was a wonderkid on my United save when I got him :)

setting what you said would impact that yes, however, after years of playing Fm I mostly ALWAYS leave keepers settings on default, the only thing I change is their distribution - defender collect (leave as none, so whoever is open) and short passing as not to hoof the ball needlessly

what is his eccentricity stat and kicking stat?

Ecc. 11; Kick. 12. Not the greatest mental stats either. Otherwise technically sound (Reflexes 16, One on Ones 17).
Might just try defender collect & let Brayford or someone get us going. Will probably go for Horn. Thanks, Raik.