Travis Comery

Reaction score
1584535316826.png
BREAKING NEWS
There has been some breaking news from The Ibrox. Glasgow Rangers have today confirmed a replacement for legend Steven Gerrard who departed to join David Beckham's Inter Miami FC last week. Exciting English coach Travis Comery, 37, has been announced as the new Head Coach, and is pretty unheard of in professional football.

We have managed to do some background for you Rangers fans; Travis has worked in Spain,Belgium and England as a Continental Pro License coach, for illustrious clubs such as Valencia, Atletico Madrid and Anderlecht. He was the head coach for the Atletico Madrid's u19's side that managed to win the domestic treble 2 years ago. Comery then left Atletico Madrid to join Anderlecht as part of Vincent Kompany's backroom staff, given the role as First Team Coach. While his appointment is indeed a risk, it could be something of great excitement for Rangers fans, as the fiery manager promises passion and structured attractive football, with a solid base and focus on defensive organisation, something Diego Simeone has mastered in the modern game.

Rangers managing director Stewart Robertson believes Rangers fans have every reason to be excited about Comery's arrival, but have also informed fans they must be patient to allow him to put the building blocks in place. Robertson continued; ' We're delighted to have him. A true leader of men, and an extremely passionate coach, who will certainly interact with the Rangers fans. One thing he demands, is a hard working, brave and passionate team, something we believe is an absolute essential for our fanbase.'

Comery sings a 2 year deal, and is yet to meet the media.

Backroom Staff

As expected, Steven Gerrard will take his full backroom staff with him to America, in his next adventure in Football Management. In an official statement on Twitter, Rangers confirmed Travis Comery has his his background team in place and they are as follows:

Assistant Manager: Kevin Phillips

First Team Coaches: Manolo Cano, John Carver, Stuart Pearce
Goalkeeping Coach: Shay Given

Fitness Coach: Karl Halabi

Comery has shown variation with his appointments, announcing a major coupe with Manolo Cano, alongside a lot of experience with the likes of Kevin Phillips, Stuart Pearce and John Carver. Comery has clearly had his plans to go into management for a while, as he spent no time announcing his new team. He has also insisted he will be announcing a 'Head of Football Operations' in the new future.

Key Players

James Tavernier (C)

1584537960831.png

First up is Skipper James Tavernier. He has played a vital part of Rangers' success in the last 4 years, and managed to score 14 league goals last season from Right Back. Tavernier will be a huge part of my plans moving forward and i will be looking to tie him down to a further 4/5 years at the Ibrox. He loves the club, and will be huge for me in my long term plans.

Joe Aribo

1584538269959.png

Next up is the exciting young midfielder Joe Aribo. A Nigerian International, Aribo has already hit huge heights, attracting interest from the likes of Arsenal and Tottenham. At only 22 years old, Aribo has exceptional physical attributes, alongside a superb first touch and passing ability. I predict massive things for Joe, and he is another who I will be extremely keen to retain.

Alfredo Morelos

1584538674656.png

An absolute no brainer. there is no doubting Alfredo Morelos' ability. He has unbelievable ability, but does come with a very controversial streak. With 7 red cards and 34 yellow's in a 2 year spell, the Colombian goalscorer has a tendency to lose his temper, which has given him bad press in the pass. Non the less, Alfredo will be vital for me, and i will be looking to control his bookings, but not get rid of this streak. His aggression and passion is undoubtedly one of his best attributes. It will be tough to keep hold of him, but i will only be accepting 'ridiculous' offers.

I'll be back to provide pre season and transfer updates! really looking forward to this save!!​