Arrest warrant issued for former Glasgow Rangers owner over £17m court debt claim

Craig Whyte had been due to appear at the Royal Courts of Justice in London today after being ordered to pay more than £17 million to ticketing firm Ticketus

Craig-Whyte.jpg

Warrant: An arrest warrant has been issued for former Rangers owner Craig Whyte

An arrest warrant has been issued for a former owner of Glasgow Rangers football club after he failed to attend a court hearing.

Craig Whyte had been due to appear at the Royal Courts of Justice in London after being ordered to pay more than £17 million to Ticketus.

The London-based ticketing firm said Whyte fraudulently or negligently made representations which induced the company to enter into agreements related to the sale or purchase of Rangers season tickets, and claimed damages.

Whyte, 43, had disputed the claim. The Judicial Office confirmed that Mr Justice Newey had today issued an arrest warrant for Whyte.

Craig-Whyte.jpg

Arrest Warrant: Craig Whyte, pictured here in 2011, failed to attend a court hearing today

Meanwhile, a spokeswoman for Ticketus said: "Today's court hearing is part of Ticketus' continued activity to enforce its judgment of April 2013 for damages of £17.7 million plus interest and costs against Craig Whyte, as it looks to recover funds for its investors.

"This reflects the total amount Ticketus invested through the ticket purchase agreement it entered into with Rangers Football Club under Craig Whyte's ownership.

"Ticketus confirms that the court today issued a warrant for Craig Whyte's arrest, having previously issued a suspended committal order on September 29 returnable today after finding Craig Whyte to be guilty of contempt of court."

A separate arrest warrant was issued last week for Whyte in connection with an investigation into the sale of Rangers in 2011.

Whyte took control of Rangers in May 2011 but the club went into administration in February the following year.

Four men appeared in court on Monday charged with fraudulent activity linked to the sale of the club three years ago.

Gary Withey, 50, David Whitehouse, 49, Paul Clark, 50, and David Grier, 53, were granted bail following a hearing at Glasgow Sheriff Court.

Hope Whyte gets whats coming to him!!

Any chance of a ss of your tactics?

Nice story

Hope Whyte gets whats coming to him!!

Any chance of a ss of your tactics?

Nice story

I know yeah ill ss them next time
Im on the laptop most likely wont be until the weekend though but they are just sinple tactics i made myself and i do change them based on players available & i try get my team to play football from the back and exploit the flanks with full backs looking for overlap. Wish mccoist would read this and try it. Id maybe start going back to ibrox if he did lol

I know yeah ill ss them next time
Im on the laptop most likely wont be until the weekend though but they are just sinple tactics i made myself and i do change them based on players available & i try get my team to play football from the back and exploit the flanks with full backs looking for overlap. Wish mccoist would read this and try it. Id maybe start going back to ibrox if he did lol

Yeah that would be helpful thanks! Mccoist would have to unfold his arms to us a PC so thats looking unlikely.

Glasgow Rangers: More Than A Club

View attachment 324223

MONTHLY AWARDS

Once again Dennis Wise was awarded manager of the month with Fraser Aird taking the Player of the month award, Speaking to Dennis Wise outside Auchenhowie he said "Again awards don't bother me, I'm delighted for Fraser he has deserved it but Ian Murray at Dumbarton with no disrespect has a smaller squad & budget and by default of results I was awarded it after He managed to beat Hearts 4-0 & also had an unbeaten month and to me he deserved it as the award shouldn't be down to just winning games as my team are favourites to win every game."

OCTOBER

LIVINGSTON 0 - 0 RANGERS

Z

A poor 0-0 draw today as both sets of fans left disappointed, The game was really scrappy and saw alot of silly fouls slowing the game down, stopping either team generate any momentum.

COWDENBEATH 1 - 2 RANGERS

9k=

Cowdenbeath took the lead through Kyle Miller who missed a glorious chance minutes before however a beautifully struck shot curled in to the right of the goalkeeper, To Rangers delight Kenny Miller equalised instantly as Macleod chipped a wonderful ball out to Lee Wallace who sent a cross to the back post for Miller to tap in. Wallace again turned creator overlapping Templeton to cross in a ball this time to the front post for Substitute Jon Daly to fire home, Rangers escaped dropping more points after Cowdenbeath missed a few easy chances.

INJURY PROBLEMS BAD AT IBROX

View attachment 324221

RANGERS 2 - 0 RAITH

View attachment 324220

Kris Boyd finally broke his goal drought knocking in a Stevie Smith cross with slight doubts the goal should have stood as Boyd looked offside, Lewis Macleod double the lead from a Wallace cross as Rangers up the performance after a poor first half.

DUMBARTON 1 - 1 RANGERS

2Q==

Nicky Law equalised after Dumbarton opened the scoring through top scorer Chris Kane, Law played the ball from the left wing across the keeper and into the net. Rangers again went behind instantly as Agnew put the Sons ahead again, Whatever the manager said at half time worked as a well worked goal from a throw in ensured Darren Mcgregor tapped the ball in to make it 2-2. Dumbarton should have won the match after a counter attack put it 4 on 1 however somehow the ball sailed wide of the post and the score ended 2-2.

View attachment 324215

View attachment 324214

MANAGER REACTION:

We did have an unbeaten month however 2 draws isn't exactly the greatest although we can count ourself lucky we didn't lose to Dumbarton so it was definately a point gained. We have too many injuries which is a problem that needs to be resolved.

View attachment 324213

Wondering what peoples views are on this ? Have started another save as this one was started during the demo as i've only just bought the game. I have both saves one is an unemployed save & then this Rangers one aswell.

just wondering if I should restart a story with my unemployment and play a season or 2 before posting it or continue with this story ?

I no longer have the save because it was on the demo version & I couldn't get the save to load up on the full game.