Glasgow Rangers - Our Club will never die

Well the players who last played in the country were aloud to play...

Daly, Bell, Law & Clark weren't allowed to play officially, They played as trialists which you are entitled to play 3 at a time which is what happened at the start of the season, if you look at all the teams there wasn't more than 3 new players playing at any time.

So they did mate. Sorry my mistake, cheers for keeping me right Aldo lo!

Patrick%20V%20In%20action%20touchline%20Plzen.ashx

Vieira takes first Rangers traing session

Patrick Vieira took his first training session at Murray Park and has been impressed with the current group of boys he has. Rangers won't be able to sign anyone yet Summer unless there 17 or under due to a global transfer ban which is up come the start of September.

Vieira said "My first training session with the boys went great, we have some very talented players here at Rangers. There is a good blend between youth and experience which is always great to have. We also have great coaches in Kenny McDowall and Ian Durrant also Cheif Scout and club legend Sandy Jardine who is also great to have on board and I'll be looking to keep those guys especially as well as bring on more staff of a high quality if possible."

There are currently nine players that won't be able to take part in any friendlies or domestic games until the start of September but Vieira believes Rangers have enough to cope despite it coming as a massive blow. Vieira said "It's not ideal and It's something I knew from the start but I still feel we have enough to get us through until September, even then those players are not certainties to go straight into the squad that would be disrespectful to the other group of boys so there will be a lot of competition here if standards are met both in training and in games."

Asked how Vieira was getting on with the fans he said "As I was coming into training today I stopped for some pictures and autographs with some of the fans that were at the gates, they seemed really nice and told me they were behind me so that was very pleasing to here. As I've said if the fans give me the chance I'll do my best to make them proud of there Club again".

With Rangers due to start Pre Season preparations it's looking decent for Patrick Vieira and he seem's quietly confident that the future is looking up for Rangers and there fans.

_70083119_8827961.jpg

"Back this Legend" says Gers Captain McCulloch

Rangers captain Lee McCulloch has expressed his joy about Patrick Vieira becoming the next Rangers gaffer and has told fans they should back him. Earlier big Jig said "The gaffer is a footballing great, he's the ultimate role model for anyone in the game and we'd be daft not to back him. I don't want to speculate too much on what happened with Ally but it's time to move on and back this legend".

Lee McCulloch seems to have a great influence around Rangers and It's hoped this recent statement will win fans over and let the past go and move on what could be exciting times ahead.

Big Jig said it was great to be back on the training ground and is looking forward to start Pre Season with saying "It's great to be back at Murray park, there is some new faces around the place from last Season and it's gave everyone in the dressing room, we just can't wait to start getting game time before the League starts again".

With Nine signings coming in this Summer but won't be able to play at all until September McCoist said the boys will have a fight on there hands for places but also warned other players that those boys will be chomping at the bit to play, he said "The new boy's won't be able to play until September and there pretty disappointed but it's something they knew about before coming here, they also know they won't just walk straight into the team but at the same time we know and that's myself included that they'll be chomping at the bit to get into the starting line up, competition will be fierce so every player needs to be consistent this Season or it will cost them there place".

mp1.jpg

Rangers Training Complex - Murray Park

article-0-1B21ED7D000005DC-386_634x362.jpg

Rangers defeated in first Pre Season Match

Patrick Vieira's boys lost in Sweeden today as they went down 2-0 to Halmstad. Vieira said his team weren't up to match fitness as there opponents but isn't worried too much about the defeat. He explained "It was disappointing to loose in the manner we did as I felt we matched them most of the game but this is just the start and I know we will improve, this is what pre season is all about."

Rangers started with youth Keeper Alan Smith in goals as sigings Cammy Bell and Steve Simonsen were unable to play due to the ban on Rangers. The defence was made up of Lee Wallace, Ross Perry, Sebastien Faure and Chris Hegarty, infront of them in the middle of the park was Lewis MacLeod and Ian Black with David Tempelton and Andy Little in the wings with Dean Sheils playing just behind Rangers Captain upfront.

Up next for Rangers will be another away trip to Irish side Derry City then "Blue's Brother's" Linfield before returning to play Cambuslang Rangers and after that there Season will start with a home tie against Dunfermline in the Cup. Rangers haven't got many games to find some sort of form before there Cup tie against Dunfermline so they will need to make the most of the friendlies they have or they could be in big trouble.

article-0-1982C41D000005DC-259_634x443.jpg

Mixed form for Vieira's men as Pre Season Ends with Victory

Out of four Pre Season matches Rangers won two and lost two. After the 2-0 defeat Rangers then lost 1-0 to a fairly average Derry City teams. The likes of Lee Wallace and David Tempelton just didn't get going at all to bring that spark to the team which was disappointing for the travelling crowd.

On the third game Rangers eventually grabbed there first win with a 1-0 victory against Linfield with Rangers captain Lee McCulloch scoring a sensational goal from 25yards out and to be honest Rangers should have won by 3 or 4 more goals but it wasn't to be. There last Pre Season game was against Cambuslang Rangers and they showed a lot more in that game with a convincing 7-0 against the lower league opposition. A David Tempelton hat-trick along with a doube from Lee McCulloch and Lewis MacLeod gave the fans something to cheer about and also put them in good spirits for there first cup tie against League Two team Queens Park at Ibrox.

A tie whom manager Vieira is much looking forward to by stating "I'm glad Pre Season is over now we can get stuck into the proper games, we showed glimpses of what we can do during Pre Season so now I hope we can move up a gear and kick on by wining our first competitive game against Queens Park".

Just to let everyone know I thought Dunfermline where my first game but that's in the Scottish Cup I forgot the challenge cup games were first. Does anyone have any comments to make? Is the story going ok for people?

21971386.jpg

Rangers 4-0 Queens Park
(Challenge Cup 1st Round)

Patrick Vieira's competitive reign started off with a great victory over League Two opposition Queens Park at Ibrox infront of a bumper crowd at Ibrox with over 48000 fans in the Stadium.

Both teams started off slowly but Rangers looking as if they would draw first blood in the game with McCulloch and Sheils both going close. On the 31st minute Rangers broke the deadlock through Lee Wallace as he scored what only could be described as a total fluke, Wallace bombed down the Left wing and powered a cross into the box for it to only end up in the back of the net. Young midfielder Lewis MacLeod doubles Rangers lead on 38 minutes with a close range shot sending Rangers in two goals to the good at half time.

When the second half began Rangers confidence grew even more with continuous shots at goal and plenty more possession all over the park. Winger David Templeton eventually made it 3-0 with a nice effort from 13 metres on 69 minutes and only 60 seconds later Dean Sheils put the tie to bed with a placed shot on 70 minutes.

Patrick Vieira's after match comments

"I'm delighted with the way we played today from start to finish. It was definitely a far cry from those two defeats we suffered during Pre Season. I know it's only one game and there's much more to come up against stronger opposition without disrespecting Queens Park but if we can continue to be as consistent like this then we will do well this Season".

Vieira's Man of the Match

LEE-WALLACE_2985634.jpg

Lee Wallace

Veira said "Lee was first class today, the boy is a true professional and is a credit to our club, he worked the left side so well today in both defence and in attack. He is Mr consistent at the club".

Going great, liking the media slant and looking forward to the start of Sept and the embargo end.. :)

No that you'll need to buy for a season or so yet, :)

Going great, liking the media slant and looking forward to the start of Sept and the embargo end.. :)

No that you'll need to buy for a season or so yet, :)

Cheers mate. Good stuff your enjoying it. Correct, the fun begins start of september! Update tonite guys.

Lee+McCulloch+Rangers+v+Dunfermline+1isZQpmQlu1l.jpg

Rangers 1-0 Dunfermline
(Scottish League Cup 1st round)

Rangers are through to the Second round of the League cup after a hard fought 1-0 win against a rough Dunfermline side today at Ibrox which lead to a serious Injury to Rangers star man Lee Wallace.

The first half was a far cry from the first half against Queens Park. Rangers were very sluggish and cheap when in possession but gradually picked up the pace nearing the end of the half with decent efforts from David Templeton and Dean Sheils but they couldn't make there shots count.

Second half Rangers continued to press as Dunfermline turned far more aggressive and it was shown when Lee Wallace was seriously injured after Dunfermline player Stephen Husband took him out which left Wallace stretcher bound. Rangers managed to get the only goal of the game when McCulloch pounced onto a MacLeod through ball and Big Jig placed a wonderful shot from just outside the area which must have been a sigh of relief to the Rangers support who managed to hold onto the victory.

"It was very disappointing to see some of the tackles from the Dunfermline boys today, they were very rash and late and now Lee (Wallace) has suffered because of that which is a shame. Otherwise I felt we fully deserved the win and I do feel the scoreline does flatter Dunfermline as they offered nothing to the game".

Lee+McCulloch+Rangers+v+Dunfermline+OuFA-xKvypol.jpg

Lee McCulloch

Vieira said "The big man is a joy to behold in the dressing room, he was the best player on the field today. The Rangers fans adore him and it's not hard to see why, he gives 110% to his boyhood hero's and I'm proud to have him here".

SOCCER_Rang__3_664278a

Lee Wallace out for 2 Months

Rangers were dealt a major blow as Star man Lee Wallace was ruled out for 8 weeks with ligament damage. The news won't come at a worst time for Patrick Vieira as the only other natural Left back he has just now is youngster Jamie Mills due to the player ban until September which means Left back Stevie Smith won't be able to cover Wallace's spot.

Manager Vieira said, "It's sad news for Lee and for us as he is vital to the team. It's not ideal either as Stevie Smith is unable to cover so we are left with Jamie Mills, a very unexperienced player which I feel it's very unfair to put pressure on the lad this early. We will have to do our best to shuffle things a round a little and hope we can hold out until September which is pretty frustrating but that's Football".

Rangers start there League campaign this week with a game against Forfar at home so Vieira will need too quickly sort out his plans for the match as no doubt Forfar will try to expose the left flank due to this bad news.

_71158299_9047649.jpg

Hamilton 5-1 Rangers
(Challenge Cup 2nd Round)

Rangers were thrashed today infront off disgusted Rangers fans who quite rightly booed them off the park as Hamilton ran the light blue riot.

From start to finish Rangers just did not get going. Hamilton striker Antonie Curier grabbed a first half hat-trick and Striker Andy Ryan made it 4-0 at the break which lead many Rangers fans leaving at half time, some throwing there scarfs away in disgust.

Second half started and still Rangers were looking like an amateur team when Hamilton scored yet again through Ali Crawford to make it 5 without reply. Ranger eventually scored a goal with a great solo effort from youngster Fraser Aird but clearly it was nothing but damage limitation for them. After the whistle Rangers players just looked lost and as if they never knew what just happened!

"I'm devastated for the fans today and I'd like to send my apologies to every fan who watched that shocking performance. I will make sure this never happens again"!

21582151.JPG

Fraser Aird

Vieira said "Airdy was the only positive today, he was the only one who tried today".

I0000o1pUp54_7uE.jpg

Rangers 0-0 Forfar
(League One)

Rangers started off there League campaign against Forfar with a boring 0-0 draw.

They (Rangers) dominated from the start as efforts from McCulloch and MacLeod hit the crossbar within the first 10 minutes but were unable to break the deadlock. Next it was David Templeton who ran past two Forfar defenders and hit a long range effort which the keeper hit away and McCulloch tapped in for 1-0 but was adjudged to be offside.

Second half was more of the same for Rangers as they kept knocking at the door for the vital first goal but it never came. Again at the final whistle Rangers were booed off the park. A heavy defeat to Hamilton and now a draw at home to part timers Forfar is not a good start for manager Vieira who will need to pick up his side for there away League game against Abroath next week.

"I felt we should have won that match today, the boys are gutted and know they need to improve. Being at Rangers like other teams I've been at demand to win week in week out so starting against Arbroath we need to get the vital win to kick on".

22092830.jpg

David Templeton

Vieira said "David was a constant thorn in Forfar's defence today but it was a shame we couldn't finish anything. I believe David will be vital to helping us scoring many goals this season and hopefully will chip in with a couple too".

197120-the-draw-for-the-scottish-league-cup-third-round-has-been-made.jpg

Scottish League Cup 2nd Round

Alloa v Dundee

Kilmarnock v Stenhousemuir

Partick Thistle v Cowdenbeath

Aberdeen v Stranraer

Livingston v Hamilton

RANGERS v Dundee United

Falkirk v Raith Rovers

Dumbarton v Morton

St Mirren v Airdrie Utd

Peterhead v Ross County

Hearts v Forfar

I0000faONzZ7jLdA.jpg

Arbroath 0-3 Rangers
(League One)

Rangers won there first match in 3 games after beating a drab Arbroath side 3-0 at Gayfield, a score which would have been a relief to Vieira and his men.

Rangers young Winger Barrie McKay got Rangers off to a flyer within 4 minutes after a superb strike from outside the area. 10 minutes later David Templeton doubled Rangers lead with a fine goal after beating his opponent on the left flank.

When the second half kicked off Rangers still pressured Abroath's defence and eventually it paid off after Dean Sheils strike put Rangers into a 3-0 lead and that's the way it stayed. Rangers will have been happy with there performance after very lack luster ones recently. Now next up is Premier League Team Dundee United at Ibrox so the Ibrox men will have to be ready as it's a step up in class.

"Much better today, we played liked we wanted it so I'm very pleased. Young McKay was brilliant today I must add. Also it was a timely win before the big match against United who the boys know need to give it there all to stand a chance in wining that tie".

4b5f4640213caa810168ff97cc948a2f.jpeg

Barrie McKay

Vieira said " The young lad was brilliant. He ran down the wing all day and caused havoc through out the full match. Very proud of him, I gave him a chance and he took it".

22151387.jpg

Rangers Summer signing's ready to battle

In only four days time, after the League Cup Tie against Dundee United and League One match against Dunfermline all off Rangers Summer signings will be able to fight for a place in Patrick Vieria's team and with one or two unconvincing performances from the Gers many suggest this is what Rangers need.

Rangers are right now without an experienced Goal Keeper and Left Back, there also short of some bite in the middle of the park along with a creative spark and a finisher, all off the above have that in abundance. Here is a little about the signings who will be available soon for the Gers :

View attachment 445423

Cammy Bell
Position - GK
Age - 27

Bell played for Kilmarnock before siging for Rangers on a free. He has been capped once by Scotland and played a massive part of Kilmarnock winning there most recent cup (League Cup) with an excellent display against Rangers arch rivals Celtic. He is also known to be a Rangers supporter which is always a bonus.

View attachment 445421

Steven Smith
Position - Left Back
Age - 28

Stevie Smith has played for Rangers before so he knows what is expected. When he was a youngster he was touted for big things at Rangers but injuries ruined his Career at Ibrox. He had spells with team such as Norwich City and Preston North End. Having Smith back and hopefully now fit he will fit in well and cover Lee Wallace if need be.

View attachment 445420

Bilel Mohsni
Position - CB
Age - 26

Former Southend and Ipswich defender will bring flair to the team and much needed experience for some of the younger boys. Another trait which Mohsni has is the ability to attack too which Rangers fans will love. The big man should do well here.

View attachment 445415

Richard Foster
Positon - Right Back
Age - 28

Another player who has played with Rangers before which will no doubt help the team. Rangers wanted to keep him but due to financial issues hence the reason Rangers are in League One now he wasn't able to stay. Foster went back to Aberdeen and captained them before moving south to Bristol City. A year later he ripped his contract up and came back to Rangers in the Summer.

View attachment 445413

Arnold Peralta
Positon - Defensive Mid
Age - 24

The Honduran midfielder, nicknamed "Bulldog" is a player who not much know about. He seems to be a player who is not scared of a challenge and can pop up with a couple of assists and goals too. Only time will tell if this lad is good enough for Rangers.

View attachment 445412

Nicky Law
Position - Versatile Attacking Mid
Age - 25

Former Motherwell man is a great signing for Rangers and much will be expected of him when given the chance. He is a very creative player and will score goals too. He can play in many positions which is always handy. I think Law will be vital for Rangers this season.

View attachment 445409

Nicky Clark
Position - Striker
Age - 22

The young striker is an exciting talent for Rangers. Last year he scored a magnificent 41 goals for Queen of the South, a couple where against Rangers to put them out of the Ramsdens Cup. If given the chance and he gets the service he will score a bundle of goals for the Gers.

View attachment 445408

Jon Daly
Position - Striker
Age - 30

Daly is no doubt the best signing Rangers have made this Summer. The big man will cause mayhem in the lower leagues with his sheer strength, he is very experienced too so will be vital for the younger boys too. I'll make a bold statement and say Daly will lead Rangers back to the big time.

View attachment 445407

Steve Simonsen
Position -GK
Age - 34

34 year old Simonsen will play back up to Cammy Bell. The former Sheffield United man will be reliable enough.

Hope everyone is enjoying. Never realised how much time it takes to write a story in this way! Update will be up tomorrow guys. Please give me some of your thoughts on this...

Good Story so far mate, keep up the good work! Always good to see a fellow Bear on the forum!! Back in the Scottish Premiership with The Gers on my own save after back to back promotions, pretty sure you'll do the same!!

Good luck bud, i'm a fellow bear and will be following your story too. WATP