Status
Not open for further replies.

GlenYid

Reaction score
GlenYid's Journeyman Game

Leagues Loaded: Bulgarian, Croatian, English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish and Ukraine.

Background: I, the Manager "Glen Yid" am an unknown ex-lower league player with no notable experience of Managing. I am a recently qualified coach and am looking to get my foot in the door at any level on the managerial ladder. I also understand that I may need to look outside England for work but will concentrate on staying in Europe and will begin applying for jobs immediately.

Game Start Date: July 2009
Database: Large

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

A Job Offer

After searching and applying throughout the whole of July and August I am finally rewarded with a job offer in the Ukrainian league. To my delight I sign a two year deal at £1,000 per week.

logo.png

Club: Dnister Ovidiopol
League: Ukrainian First League (English equivalent to the Championship)
Finances: £36,112
Transfer Budget: £25,000

Summary: After joining the club I need to quickly assess the situation. Out of eighteen teams we are currently sitting sixteenth, and expected to be a healthy mid-table side. Luckily, however, we are only ten games into the season so there is plenty of time for a turnaround.

The Chairman, Andriy Prodaevych has given me his full backing adding that a different culture of football is needed at the Club, and for the Club to be managed from an English perspective is an added bonus for the team. He has also allowed to me to bring in my own back-room staff if needed, but due to financial constraints I have decided to keep everything the same as the previous manager.

With sixteen days until my next match, I have plenty of time to work with my players and ensure that we are mentally and physically prepared for the future that lies ahead of this up and coming Club.

ukrainetakeover.jpg

Now to get acquainted with my surroundings. Will keep you all posted.

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

First 9 Games

After an affective meeting with my new Assistant Manager, Yuriy Trambach I was looking forward to getting started in my first match as manager for my new Club. With the help of a translator I had managed to take training and have a few squad meetings with my players in order to ease any concerns about their futures and where I seen this club finishing by the end of the season.

Those sixteen days soon flew by and I was anticipating managing my first Career game. A win would be the best start ever but I didn't want to get ahead of myself. The morning of the match I composed myself and spoke with all of the players as we boarded the coach en route to Helios Kharkiv's Stadium. Morale still seemed low after their abysmal start to the Season, so Yuriy put on some video's of their matches last season in which they went on a run of 12 games unbeaten towards the end of last season. With no new players in or out, this was still the same team and that belief just needed to be reinstated in their minds.

earlyfixtures.jpg

As you can see there are still plenty of teething problems with the squad as a whole. The team can score freely but also, are equally adept at conceding, however on a bright note, in our first nine games we had seven different goalscorers which shows that we do not rely on a single player to shoulder the workload and each player is held accountable for their actions. With them games out of the way, four victories, one draw and four losses we are slightly better off. Unfortunately we are only three points above the relegation zone.

9gamesin.jpg

With the rest of the season to look forward to, and feeling that I have settled in to the Clubs way of life a bit more I look forward to what the future holds. Avoiding relegation is a must, mid-table and above is a plus. - Will keep you all posted.

Any constructive criticism is appreciated/ways to improve the story for your viewing pleasure etc.

Last edited:
Nice idea, thinking of starting something like this myself.

Good luck.

my other laptop had a virus on it and everything had to get wiped. you can close/delete this thread if you like... but I will be back with a new one soon

Status
Not open for further replies.