smiles1000

Reaction score
After reading a few other stories on here about this challenge I have decided to try it myself and blog how I get on to see if I can be a successful.

I have decided to start with Arsenal as it was the best way to get rid of all the deadwood that existed within the squad and sign the proven quality players that Arsenal fans have asked for over the last couple of years so that the current trophy drought can be ended.

I will voice my opinion on if this challenge works well.

Please comment because I want to know your thoughts and ideas.

I am just going to write my squad for the season because it will take to long to put screenshots of every player

Goal Keepers

Victor Valdes
Fraser Forster
Iker Casillas

Defenders

Gerard Pique
Danny Simpson
Nathaniel Clyne
Steven Caulker
Javier Mascherano
Kyriakos Papadopoulos
Leighton Baines
Kieran Gibbs

Midfielders

Xabi Alonso
Jack Rodwell
Cesc Fabregas
Yaya Toure
Gareth Bale
Nathan Redmond
Jack Wilshire
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Andre Schurrie
Theo Walcott
Abou Diaby
Jonjo Shelvey

Forwards

Wayne Rooney
Robin van Persie
Luis Suarez
Oscar Cardozo

I am just going to write my squad for the season because it will take to long to put screenshots of every player

Goal Keepers

Victor Valdes
Fraser Forster
Iker Casillas

Defenders

Gerard Pique
Danny Simpson
Nathaniel Clyne
Steven Caulker
Javier Mascherano
Kyriakos Papadopoulos
Leighton Baines
Kieran Gibbs

Midfielders

Xabi Alonso
Jack Rodwell
Cesc Fabregas
Yaya Toure
Gareth Bale
Nathan Redmond
Jack Wilshire
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Andre Schurrie
Theo Walcott
Abou Diaby
Jonjo Shelvey

Forwards

Wayne Rooney
Robin van Persie
Luis Suarez
Oscar Cardozo

Don't see how this will be challenging, u will get bored halfway through the season........

Thats why its better to start at an ok club like Stoke as you cant sign half the players you have which makes it more interesting long term, Man U on my save already had Rooney and Falcao and they have now spent £126million in the second season window!

i might start one with a worse club some one like west brom or something like that cause some teams haven't signed anyone such as chelsea

Pre Season

View attachment 317208
A mixed bag of results due to the fact that different players joined at different times so the squad started off with a load of regens and then got better as more players joined.

August and September
Premier League
Wigan (Home)
W 4-0
Robin van Persie (2), Gerard Pique and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Swansea (Away)
W 4-0
Nathan Redmond, Yaya Toure, Robin van Persie and Gerard Pique

Newcastle (Home)
W 11-0
Wayne Rooney (2), Cesc Fabregas (4), Gerard Pique, Gareth Bale, Nathan Redmond, Xabi Alonso, Yaya Toure

Manchester United (Away)
D 0-0

Champions League (Group Stage)

FC Red Bull Salzburg (Away)
W 4-1
Wayne Rooney (3) and Abou Diaby

Premier League

Chelsea (Home)
W 7-0
Gareth Bale, Gerard Pique, Javier Mascherano, Cesc Fabregas (2), Own Goal and Yaya Toure

Capital One Cup (Third Round)

Manchester City (Away)
L 3-0

Premier League

West Ham (Away)
W 5-0
Oscar Cardozo, Cesc Fabregas, Gareth Bale, Nathan Redmond and Javier Mascherano

A good start to the season especially still being unbeaten in the league because the team were terrible in the Man United game with their strikers missing several chances to win the game for them. The cup exit I’m not that bothered about because I played several of the youngsters in the team against Man City’s full strength team.

View attachment 317212