Global Free Agent Challenge-Aston Villa Edition

tommytorres

Reaction score
View attachment 315681
For those who don't know, the Global Free Agent Challenge is Downloadable database which gives each club in the top leagues in Europe 1.5 million pounds wage budget and no transfer budget, also all the players have had their contracts terminated, hence the title 'Free Agent'.
As you can see I am doing a story with Aston Villa after a fail of an attempt with Dortmund,
coolmcool (who took the idea of me) is doing a story with Stoke and is doing very well , anyway.
Lets Goooooooooooooo

Link to the GFAC Page- http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...arios/110279-global-free-agent-challenge.html

Link to coolmcools story- http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...15167-global-free-agent-stoke-city-story.html

Last edited:
Casillas the First of Many

View attachment 315697
Earlier today, Premier League Side Aston Villa
's newly appointed Manager, Tom Barnes announced his first signing, Spanish International, Iker Casillas.
"I had already talked with Iker," explained Barnes, "I had arranged a meeting with him while i was on holiday in Madrid, I was set to sign up with Villa and needed a strong capable goalkeeper to keep us away from the drop, I asked him how would he like to end his career in England and play for me, he was all for it, all that needed to happen then was for me to give him a contract."
This is only the first signing Barnes has completed but is linked with many others including ex-Villa star Gary Cahill.

Last edited:
English Striker Joins the Villans
View attachment 315698
21 year old, ex-Manchester United and England International Danny Wellbeck is the second signing for Barnes and the first Englishman on the scene. Wellbeck has already been seen entering Villa Park and has talked to our reporter via a press conference.
"I am happy to be here and hope to accomplish many things here, mainly to score goals."
Danny later said;
"I have huge respect for Tom (Barnes) and aim to play well under him."

Spanish Superstar Signs with Villa
View attachment 315699
Spanish International Andres Iniesta has joined relegation threatened Aston Villa after turning down German Giants Bayern Munich and French League Champions Montpellier HSC in favor of the Villans. After being asked why had he turned down Bayern and Montpellier, he replied;
"I wanted to play in England. The Premier League is the best in the world and host some of the best talent and clubs in the history of football, its always close a the top and people never know who's gonna win it, it's also full of surprises, Man Citys Epic title win for instance. In Spain, it was either Barca of Madrid, Atletico came up once in while."
A later question was
'Why Villa so soon, if you had waited you my have been given a offer from United or Chelsea'
"I was torn into coming here because Tom is a great manager and a great man, but when Iker (Cassillas) signed with the club, I had decided. I had only got to play with Iker for Spain and i wanted to play with him more, this was to good of an opportunity."

Lewandowski and Baines Sign for Aston Villa
View attachment 315700 View attachment 315701
Earlier this morning Robert Lewandowski and Leighton Baines rolled up to Villa Park, went in free agents, came out Villans both players have stated on numerous occasions how good it was to be back playing football and look forward to their first match.​

Thats some huge early signings there, my problem was signing too many mediocre players at the beginning because i didnt think the better players would join me.

Thats some huge early signings there, my problem was signing too many mediocre players at the beginning because i didnt think the better players would join me.

In my past experiences Iniesta and Casillas never sign for any teams so i just went for them, easy. My problem is all the yougsters want to be First Team players

Villa Sign Young French Duo
Aston Villa's Manager Tom Barnes announced the signings of young french duo, M'baye Niang (17) and Yacouba Sylla (21), Both players are hotly tipped to be the next best thing. This is the forst signs of Building for the future from Barnes and may not be the last, or so we hope..

Gary Cahill returns to the Villans
View attachment 315756
English defender Gary Cahill (26) has returned to the Villans, much to the fans delight.
"It's great to be back." stated Gary (Cahill) "Seeing all the coaches who developed me as a player, these are my roots and it's great to be back, I want to prove to Tom (Barnes) that bringing me back here was the right decision."

Pirlo and Tiote Sign For Villa
View attachment 315757View attachment 315758
Tom Barnes has Signed Italian Star Andrea Pirlo and Ivory Coast Midfielder Cheick Tiote. Many are wondering why Barnes has signed 2 very similar players, both playing in a Defensive Midfielder role, it will be interesting how Barnes works around this and we are looking to the conclusion.

Oxlade-Chamberlain & Arbeloa Join the Revolution
View attachment 315760View attachment 315761
18 year old Winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has signed a 2 year deal with Aston Villa he is happy to find a knew club after his Arsenal contract got terminated. Following Alex, Spanish International Alvaro Arbeloa is making his return to Premier League football after playing at Liverpool FC.
"Before the season starts I'll try and get up to Liverpool and see if I can meet up with some of my old team-mates, it'll be nice to catch up with them." Arbeloa told BBC Sport