MWEST94

Reaction score
Updated the links. For some reason when you click on the hyperlink it says the file no longer exists. So you have to copy and paste the link into your browser and it should work fine!

The Global Free Agent Challenge is back again this. Basically for those who have not heard of it: the players from the top leagues are all free agents and each club will have the same wage budget (2m) and 30m transfer budget (to accommodate agent fees) to build a team of superstars.

Unlike previous versions where there has been 1 database with the top European leagues having free agents, this year there will be a variety of databases.

Databases:

Premier League: https://www.sendspace.com/file/lp7lbw
Just the Premier league teams have free agents. Rooney, Kompany and Ozil all up for grabs so you can still make a decent team. Recommended for people who don?t have much computer space and want to try out the challenge.

Top 4 Leagues: https://www.sendspace.com/file/z2cyk4
Here the Premier League, Serie A, Liga BBVA and the Bundesliga all have free agents. A lot of top quality players on offer here and good for people with slow processes.

My favourite: https://www.sendspace.com/file/sqggx6
This is the one from previous FM?s. It consists of the Premier League, Serie A, Liga BBVA, Bundesliga, Primeira League, Ligue 1 and the Eredivisie.

Without managers: https://www.sendspace.com/file/fyzc1i
Basically the same as above but without managers. I noticed in previous FMs certain managers will sign certain types of players e.g. youngsters or players from a certain nation. Hopefully it will mix it up a bit!

The big one: https://www.sendspace.com/file/hn9c0u
As well as the above leagues it will include the Brazilian league, Russian League, Scottish League and the Championship.

Link to FM 13 Thread: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...arios/110279-global-free-agent-challenge.html

Link to FM 12 Thread: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/challenges-scenarios/100997-global-free-agent-challenge.html

Key advice and tips for this challenge:
Every club starts with 1.5 million for wage, this should be more than enough if you spend wisely so dont go offering huge contracts to players. You dont need to buy every world class player someone like Carrick will work for any top team at half the wages.
Watch out for players who put match highest earner, try to remove this from their contract - trust me it helps!
Make sure you sign a few home grown players otherwise you wont be able to compete in the leagues. Also make sure you sign home grown players trained at the club if you are aiming for Champions League!
Create a tactic and make a list of players who you want to sign, trust me theres nothing more annoying when you sign all these players and you miss someone you really want!
Set match preparation to very high on team cohesion.
Dont just sign first teamers, sign youngsters and reserve players. Players like Zouma, Wilshere and Draxler are available so dont miss out!
I recommend starting in June, it gives teams enough time to sign enough players! You dont have to do this but you might get unrealistic results for example Man United beat Bolton 9-2 and Arsenal beat Tottenham 6-2. Unless you are managing a team in Russia!
And don?t forget to register the players!
Have fun and post screenshots of your team and how well you are doing in the league!
A few people having being saying their team is full of regans you need to make sure the box 'Add players to playable leagues' is UNTICKED! Make sure you are also using the DEFAULT database!

Last edited:
I will upload them as soon as possible but I have been having some problems if anyone can help: I'm creating the gfa challenge again this year (just finished prem). Basically, I'm having problems sorting the budgets. In previous FM's the teams were fine with ?1.5m wage budget and no transfers budget or balance. But in this year FM I noticed when you sign free agents it can affect the transfer budget e.g. for Rooney my transfer budget had to be adjusted by ?2.4m (think it might be agent fees).

What is the best way to accommodate this? Should I give teams a transfer budget but it may encourage clubs to buy players and if so how much? Or should I increase the wage budget? And every time you want to sign a player you have to adjust the transfer budget? Or increase balance?

In my practice I managed to sign 10 decent players with my wage budget ad I noticed none of the clubs really signed anyone of Premier league quality. Thanks!

Perhaps double the wage budget? Yes, transfer budget is is deducted for agent fees.. Looking forward to this as been wanting to play with Liverpool again for a second time, but no real motivation.

Transfer budget is needed with agent fees, you could just remove all agents from the game?

Liking this, can't wait for the download. If removing agents is possible then I agree that would be the best thing to do.

When you say take away agents do you mean in in editor, if so how as there are no agents they are all regens? I have tried increasing the wage budget but none of the clubs adjust their budget so end up signing no one. The only thing that worked was giving them a transfer budget. Most of the teams do sign free agents but they also buy players which is annoying. I also changed some of the manager tendencies to encourage them to sign free agents as well. If anyone got any suggestions let me know.

Forgot agents were regens =/ Not sure how this can be solved as I don't use the editor much, hopefully someone else will know.

I've noticed that lower reputation players haven't got an agent, just saying?

When you say take away agents do you mean in in editor, if so how as there are no agents they are all regens? I have tried increasing the wage budget but none of the clubs adjust their budget so end up signing no one. The only thing that worked was giving them a transfer budget. Most of the teams do sign free agents but they also buy players which is annoying. I also changed some of the manager tendencies to encourage them to sign free agents as well. If anyone got any suggestions let me know.

so is there now a transfer budget? Of how much? it seems fair though as after the first transfer window the teams will start buying (theoretically) again.

please could you upload the current version of the database as i am dying to play it with my friends online

please could you upload the current version of the database as i am dying to play it with my friends online

I have uploaded the Premier League but will work on the other ones in a couple of days

This is one of the best db's, I have tried in FM. When I play network with friends, we always use this database.
Great that you're making it again, mate!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Is it ready to play yet? Sorry if im pressurising you, but i think your work is fantastic and i cant wait to play this database after my great save on fm13.

uploaded the 4 team. Sorry its a bit late EU assignment due this week! Hopefully will get 'my favourite' and 'no managers' done by end of the week.

How do I get this to work? When I try and load challenge in the editor it says it is unable to read the file. I would be very grateful if someone could help me

Cheers

uploaded the 4 team. Sorry its a bit late EU assignment due this week! Hopefully will get 'my favourite' and 'no managers' done by end of the week.

thanks a million. what changes did you make?

thanks a million. what changes did you make?

The teams in the top 4 leagues are all free agents. Ive just uploaded the my fav and no managers database as well. Each team will start with 30m transfer, 2m wage. Teams still buy players but most teams will still sign free agents. Only way to accommodate agent fees!