Reaction score
gm-361-batb-19.3.4 / 361- Beauty & The Beast / Made in Italy

Tactic Download - View attachment 8329

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

The Aim

On a previous patch I made a 361 that was based on an oldskool style that played elegant football which looked to incorporate world-class players all over the pitch. It consisted of 3 CBs’, 2 Regista, 2 Treqs, 2 Wingers and a Poacher. No full-backs were involved. It was my favourite system to watch.

Unfortunately patches decided to put that idea to bed, assuming the fact it was updated to bring more realism to the game, punishing systems that lacked a defensive balance – much like the modern day game.

I decided to give the 361 with no full-backs another crack, but this time looking to achieve a greater defensive balance with the player roles chosen.

Influences – Serie A, Oldskool with a Modern Twist

I loved the Milan side back in the days of Ancelotti, namely the 442 diamond. With Kaka and Pirlo pulling the strings and Gattuso with his partner Ambrosini doing the hard graft the side had good midfield balance.

I also like how Pep’s sides use the full width of the pitch and attempt to always play football with possession a priority. Their pressing is always well organised looking to win the ball back as quickly as possible.

Diamond with Wingers

This 361 looks to bring both elements into play. By choosing to go without full-backs again and using two wingers, their job will be to provide that full width and instigate pressing very high up the pitch.

Rather than two registas and two trequartistas, I now have an APA and Regista with 2 hard working Carrileros – providing cover for the wingers.

The system will still be vulnerable down the flanks and more so than a 442 diamond. But there is that defensive balance there, especially if you have hard working wingers to implement pressing high up.

The idea being the opponents will simply boot the ball back down the pitch for us to regain possession and rebuild from the back. The greater possession with the wingers pressing means less actual defending is needed.

Bringing about the important triangular structure for retaining possession, the two BPD-D will look to play wider, placing themselves in a better position to distribute and receive the ball.

What You’ll Need

-Quick quality centre-backs given no full-backs are used
-Hard working players especially the carilleros providing full-time cover for the wingers
-Quality APA and Regista pulling the creative strings
-A world-class sole striker to bang the goals in but also create chances for his teammates

Weaknesses

-Long-ball over the top
-Playing teams that gegenpress
-Flanks easily exploited
-Only suited for high quality players with all being comfortable on the ball

A Sample Serie A side

SK-A Buffon
BPD-D Nesta
CD-D Cannavaro
BPD-D Maldini
RGA-S Pirlo
Car-S Gattuso
Car-S De Rossi
AP-A Zidane
WG-A Nedved
WG-A Figo
CF-A Ronaldo Luiz Nazario

Training – FM Touch – “attacking” training set

Set Pieces – APA set as taker, corners and throw-ins short to promote possession football

Opposition Instructions – Use FM Touch so hire an assistant tactically astute to handle these along with the following:

WBR/RB - Show onto left foot
WBL/LB - Show onto right foot

Results

Given its Italian influence and design for a top side Juventus were the obvious choice.

Clean-sweeping the major trophies, we breached the 100 points mark ending with a total of 101 points. We also scored over 100 goals and had the best defence in the league. Our one league defeat came away to Inter with them scoring a 30 yard injury time winner.

A controlled performance in the ECL against Napoli (no idea how they got there) ended in a comfortable victory which registered 700 attempted passes in the game.

Ronaldo also was our top goalscorer, making our centre-forward the main man for goal-getting in this system in total scoring 47 for the year.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

So if you’re a Pep or Ancelotti fan, have high quality players and are looking for something a little oldskool with a modern twist, give this one a crack.

It plays offensive football, and despite no full-backs there is that much needed organised pressing structure. You will also have great possession looking to patiently probe for gaps, all with a balance of both elegant and rugged / effective football – beauty and the beast =)

Last edited:
Sory but when i download tactic in my tactic foleder exsist in the game not...What is problem?

I think if you use steam it needs to be in the default sports interactive tactics directory that steam creates. Otherwise it won't detect a downloaded tactic located in any other different folder, although strangely a different folder works for your own created ones. Hope that fixes the problem.

Thanks for sharing!
I'll try it with the default Liverpool team just for fun. Robertson can be a decent winger I guess, and TAA can be retrained to play somewhere aswell (it'll be regista this time ;D).
Although their middlefield is not the best fit for these roles.

Last edited:
I can't see it working with Liverpool tbh :) But there's not many sides really geared for it straight off from the start.

I've not really looked at PIs as I don't think you can keep the settings for each game so I just hire a decent Assistant Manager good tactically. If you can force their fullbacks or wingbacks infield though I'd use that given the defensive width and formation.