Reaction score
gm.361-red-19.3.4 / Retired & Extremely Dangerous – Football for the Purist

Tactic Download -
View attachment 8771

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

“On a previous patch I made a 361 that was based on an oldskool style that played elegant football which looked to incorporate world-class players all over the pitch. It consisted of 3 CBs’, 2 Regista, 2 Treqs, 2 Wingers and a Poacher. No full-backs were involved. It was my favourite system to watch.”

I recently had the urge to try and make this system work on the latest patch. After some tinkering I’ve got it to a level I’m happy with, and so I thought I’d share this one here.

Below is a link to my OP which is of a greater length. But here I’ll condense the details of this system.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/463251-fm19-–-361-red-from-past-to-present-–-moss-ball/

The Aim

The system is designed to incorporate my favourite footballers from my favourite decade and is one which came directly from the vision in my head, and so it reflects exactly how I like my football to be played.

I will emphasise now it’s only designed for world-class players as the roles chosen only allows for the very best players on the planet.

The Vision – Team RED / My Fav XI / 95-05

My retired but extremely dangerous team in their prime was full of flair, elegance, and sheer genius. It's my kinda team and I would have loved to watch this team play together.

Schmeichel (SK-D)

Puyol(BPD-D) Cannavaro(CD-D) Maldini(BPD-D)

Beckham(RGA-S) Pirlo(RGA-S)

Figo(WG-A) Nedved(WG-A)

Ronaldinho(Treq-A) Zidane(Treq-A)

Ronaldo de Lima (The Real) (P-A)

You can see the talent I wanted to work with in this tactic. It brings the flair and elegance of a bunch of Ballon Dor winners onto the pitch. I do miss those European nights!

They won’t be able to play a high intense game, but controlling the game with their off the ball movement, passing precision, individual skill and creativity to open up the opposition back-line.

How it works

A very high defensive line, counter-pressing and very line of engagement to try and win the ball back as quickly as possible, of which we will then look to stamp our control onto the game.

The attacking roles of the trequartista and wingers will bring the creativity and direct attacking threat from the flanks. A poacher in the box will look to remain central and convert the chances these players will make.

The registas will be tasked to control the game, but also provide the form of counter-attack purely from their vision and passing ability.

Problems

As a system, immediately if your team isn’t good enough those sides that park the bus will have a field day counter-attacking, especially playing with no full-backs. Teams that gegenpress will also cause problems and will increase the chances of having an off footballing-day.

The roles chosen are very individualistic. So again if you’re looking for a team structure that has roles complementing each other to cause the opponents problems or have a real solid defensive structure, these roles simply don’t allow.

What this system does allow, is for a team of world-class players that have no defensive mindset to them. Their individual footballing brilliance is what can turn a match around in an instant. Balanced systems don’t have this.

So you need to understand the systems’ limitations, and know the type of quality players needed. But once you have assembled such a side, the football really is a pleasure to watch.

Clips of what you’ll be watching

These were taken from previous patches, but they give glimpses of the vision I had in mind.

-Becks Precision: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrBb1juDNiY
-Pirlo-weighted: https://youtu.be/x5q2Au5iFc4?list=PLP4ix8nprBUU4837pSRuot-1jEaoOE6Dw
-Zizou n Ronnie @ work : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdGLqAi0mqk
-Luis Genius: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrUUPbleqEA
-Crisp n Ron-Clinical: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhnyQcle6GM
-Galacti-goal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nulbC7uRU04

19.3.4 Results - Juventus

I haven’t tested it in the Premiership. Partly because there’s no immediate team suitable, plus this is a system that is definitely better designed for leagues like Italy or Spain.

With that said, I did win the ECL with this Juventus team in the first season. We beat Man City in a tight affair in the final. I had Rafinha as a Trequartista for the first half of the season until I was able to bring Asenjo. So 97 points in the circumstances wasn’t a bad tally.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Training / OIs

FM Touch – “Possession”
Set Pieces – Trequartistas set to take. All played short to promote possession

OIs –

DR/WBR – Show onto left foot
DL/WBL – Show onto right foot

The aim being our wingers pressing the full-backs high will force them into zones the Trequartistas will be operating high up on the pitch and thus will help bring a more effective counter-press.

--

So this is an eccentric system purely for those whom appreciate football in the decade and the players I loved during that time, and for those who want to watch controlled and visually creative football.

I love how it works and plays. It’s by no means a game-beater, but at least for me it brings back the times where my favourite footballing memories lay. Hopefully there will be a few out there that appreciate the style.

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
gm.361-red-19.3.4 / Retired & Extremely Dangerous – Football for the Purist

Tactic Download -
View attachment 1207344

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

“On a previous patch I made a 361 that was based on an oldskool style that played elegant football which looked to incorporate world-class players all over the pitch. It consisted of 3 CBs’, 2 Regista, 2 Treqs, 2 Wingers and a Poacher. No full-backs were involved. It was my favourite system to watch.”

I recently had the urge to try and make this system work on the latest patch. After some tinkering I’ve got it to a level I’m happy with, and so I thought I’d share this one here.

Below is a link to my OP which is of a greater length. But here I’ll condense the details of this system.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/463251-fm19-%E2%80%93-361-red-from-past-to-present-%E2%80%93-moss-ball/

The Aim

The system is designed to incorporate my favourite footballers from my favourite decade and is one which came directly from the vision in my head, and so it reflects exactly how I like my football to be played.

I will emphasise now it’s only designed for world-class players as the roles chosen only allows for the very best players on the planet.

The Vision – Team RED / My Fav XI / 95-05

My retired but extremely dangerous team in their prime was full of flair, elegance, and sheer genius. It's my kinda team and I would have loved to watch this team play together.

Schmeichel (SK-D)

Puyol(BPD-D) Cannavaro(CD-D) Maldini(BPD-D)

Beckham(RGA-S) Pirlo(RGA-S)

Figo(WG-A) Nedved(WG-A)

Ronaldinho(Treq-A) Zidane(Treq-A)

Ronaldo de Lima (The Real) (P-A)

You can see the talent I wanted to work with in this tactic. It brings the flair and elegance of a bunch of Ballon Dor winners onto the pitch. I do miss those European nights!

They won’t be able to play a high intense game, but controlling the game with their off the ball movement, passing precision, individual skill and creativity to open up the opposition back-line.

How it works

A very high defensive line, counter-pressing and very line of engagement to try and win the ball back as quickly as possible, of which we will then look to stamp our control onto the game.

The attacking roles of the trequartista and wingers will bring the creativity and direct attacking threat from the flanks. A poacher in the box will look to remain central and convert the chances these players will make.

The registas will be tasked to control the game, but also provide the form of counter-attack purely from their vision and passing ability.

Problems

As a system, immediately if your team isn’t good enough those sides that park the bus will have a field day counter-attacking, especially playing with no full-backs. Teams that gegenpress will also cause problems and will increase the chances of having an off footballing-day.

The roles chosen are very individualistic. So again if you’re looking for a team structure that has roles complementing each other to cause the opponents problems or have a real solid defensive structure, these roles simply don’t allow.

What this system does allow, is for a team of world-class players that have no defensive mindset to them. Their individual footballing brilliance is what can turn a match around in an instant. Balanced systems don’t have this.

So you need to understand the systems’ limitations, and know the type of quality players needed. But once you have assembled such a side, the football really is a pleasure to watch.

Clips of what you’ll be watching

These were taken from previous patches, but they give glimpses of the vision I had in mind.

-Becks Precision: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrBb1juDNiY
-Pirlo-weighted: https://youtu.be/x5q2Au5iFc4?list=PLP4ix8nprBUU4837pSRuot-1jEaoOE6Dw
-Zizou n Ronnie @ work : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdGLqAi0mqk
-Luis Genius: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrUUPbleqEA
-Crisp n Ron-Clinical: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhnyQcle6GM
-Galacti-goal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nulbC7uRU04

19.3.4 Results - Juventus

I haven’t tested it in the Premiership. Partly because there’s no immediate team suitable, plus this is a system that is definitely better designed for leagues like Italy or Spain.

With that said, I did win the ECL with this Juventus team in the first season. We beat Man City in a tight affair in the final. I had Rafinha as a Trequartista for the first half of the season until I was able to bring Asenjo. So 97 points in the circumstances wasn’t a bad tally.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Training / OIs

FM Touch – “Possession”
Set Pieces – Trequartistas set to take. All played short to promote possession

OIs –

DR/WBR – Show onto left foot
DL/WBL – Show onto right foot

The aim being our wingers pressing the full-backs high will force them into zones the Trequartistas will be operating high up on the pitch and thus will help bring a more effective counter-press.

--

So this is an eccentric system purely for those whom appreciate football in the decade and the players I loved during that time, and for those who want to watch controlled and visually creative football.

I love how it works and plays. It’s by no means a game-beater, but at least for me it brings back the times where my favourite footballing memories lay. Hopefully there will be a few out there that appreciate the style.

Hope you enjoy!
Realy nice intro!Maybe I will test it!Prefect team would be City I supose,amazing registas and amazing wingers they have!Can you share pefect 11 for the season 2019 that would be nice to see!

Realy nice intro!Maybe I will test it!Prefect team would be City I supose,amazing registas and amazing wingers they have!Can you share pefect 11 for the season 2019 that would be nice to see!

Cheers mate. It's been the system I've most enjoyed creating and watching although it will never be the most effective given it's nature as a standalone. It is fantasy football :) Well I've just had a full year with Juve with a proper squad sorted and it worked a treat.

It will work best in leagues where they allow you to play your football. I picked Italy as Juve had the most suitable side from the start, and Italy is the European home of the Trequartistas and Registas - so it's bound to be effective there.

City will be interesting. They have some players that can do the job, but when trying it previously De Bruyne doesn't really suit the role the best. I also found it the hardest league to win in, simply because the style of football counters this system - either intense pressing or huge bus parking. You just have to look at regista Xhaka at Arsenal and Ozil as well. Both so inconsistent and just like Arsenal. Not suited to the English game.

I'll post some screenies later on my Juve year - hit my best points tally in the Serie A 3 years in. But do you mean a first XI for this FM? That's hard because none of these newskool players compare to the oldskoolers! But these XI will have to do:

GK - Stegen - tries to play out of trouble ppm
BPD - Ramos
BPD - Van Dijk
CB - Pique - brings ball out def
RG - Pjanic - tries killer balls often
RG - Verrati - tries killer balls often
TQ - Messi
TQ - Neymar
WA - Mbappe
WA - Bale (if he's fit!) - although Hazard could potentially make the cut although not a natural lefty
P - C Ronaldo

A notable mention for Asenjo as he's brilliant for the treq role. Dybala can do the job too. Treqs perform better and score more when they cut inside - so you'd want Messi on the right and Neymar on the left for example, bit like inside forwards. The wingers would then be naturally footed on their respective left and right sides.

Juve - Season 3 Screenies

As promised...fortunate against Man Utd as they went down to 10 men, and then 9! I guess they just couldn't get the ball off us in that particular game :)

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

A note Ronaldo was definitely passed his best this year...missing 4 pens in a row. Thought I'd never see the day!

Tactic Update

Decided to make one change which is only to the corner set-pieces.

Following testing in Spain, although I had won the title with Real Madrid and the CL I drew a larger number of games. Part reason being I had a lot more injuries in this save compared to my Juve one.

This meant players of less sufficient quality were forced to be played, which in turn means the side has less of an ability to break teams down. That said, I had a 30 pass move for a goal with this side against of all teams Athletico. Been my most so far this patch.

Although the tactic will play exactly the same, it would be more prudent to change the corner routine from short to simply launching the ball into the danger area of the 6 yard box. This way at least from the larger number of corners a more offensive tactic would naturally generate, we'll always have men in the box to try nick a goal.

Last edited:
Man City - Season 1

Decided to give this one a test in the Prem and where I changed the squad a fair bit to suit this tactic it probably needed a little bedding in time...it got the job done but we had an injury crisis across November / December months letting a 6 point lead become a 3 point deficit. That occurred mainly in positions outside the defence.

Scoring then became an issue and meant Aguero only scored 14 in the league this year and resulted in 42 points in the first stanza. But with strengthening in January we had sufficient backup for the second where we ended with 48 points.

It does go to show though if you want to play possession football in an elegant style, you do need the quality. And I love Pjanic at regista! If only Pirlo was still about...

Cup wise lost the FA Final AET but won the CL vs Athletico. Costa and Dias were the two bought in January.

Breakdown of the season and Squad

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

Could we use wing backs in the winger role?

Could we use wing backs in the winger role?

Do you mean player wise or system?

If system then I don't think so but it could be possible...reason being the system was designed to press very high up the pitch where the wingers play an important part. I doubt you would get the same effect with the wing-backs. But if you did, you'd want to try complete wing-backs.

Failing that you could also try and go classic Brazilian with a 4222 using the two registas and two trequartistas with complete wing backs.

If looking at a player, then if they have the attributes then possibly but I don't think they would be as effective as natural wingers. Perhaps training them for the role would aid in their development. But I doubt players used to the wing-back position would naturally have flair you would associate with a world-class winger.

So I'd personally sell and reinvest as they'll never be of high enough quality where the tactic designed needs the best players in each position to play this style of football as it aims to let each individual showcase their unique talents. (I.e no overlaps / underlaps are used to create space for team-mates.)