Goal.com polls show no sympathy to Green blunder

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 33
  • Views 3K

Has your opinion of Robert Green changed after his blunder vs. USA?

• Yes

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 33 82.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lets just get behind him, although i wanted david james to start anyway but whoever is in goal is going to be watched closely because english goalkeepers have always made blunders.

goal .com shws the stupdity of the media and some english fans. so you drop, hart comes. what if hart makes a mistake, you drop him too? if we dropped every player who madea mistake we'd have no one playing for england. like jacko i wanted james to start, but i will always back whoever steps out onto the pitch for england, they need our support, not our criticism this is why england will never win the world again with attitude of the fans the players end up playing in fear

Simples... green shoud not have attended the world cup. For me roberto green is 6th choice just like he said he was a few years ago. 5 above him = james, hart, robinson, kirkland, foster, I would have taken almunia or cudicini b4 that clown. I said this well b4 his shambolic gking versus america

The backlash is so harsh and,with the British media so ruthlessly (sp) known for it's "hound-like" approach to these kinds of situations,it makes wearing the England shirt sometimes a dare.There have been tonnes of groups on Facebook with Robert Green in it.Examples?

1. The awkward moment of when Robert Green asks you to play catch with him.
  2. I can catch a ball LOL jk,I'm Robert Green.
  3. I'm a good goalkeeper LOL jk,I'm Robert Green.
Really annoys me and it gives others a stereotypical view about English fans.

It's awful.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Simples... green shoud not have attended the world cup. For me roberto green is 6th choice just like he said he was a few years ago. 5 above him = james, hart, robinson, kirkland, foster, I would have taken almunia or cudicini b4 that clown. I said this well b4 his shambolic gking versus america

You can not be serious.

This is exactly what I mean.People like you take upon the view that one mistake by someone automatically makes them '****'.What a hypocrite.

No disrespect to all the five that you picked,especially James and Hart,but Robinson,Kirkland and Foster are not of better standards when selecting a player to play in goal for England.

I still have faith in Green to wipe his slate clean with a good performance in the World Cup and help us through the turbulent (sp) times.

Come on kituno, it was a really bad mistake and we cannot afford to have that happen again. But capello throughout his managerial career has been very loyal to players. He will start on friday

I've never liked, nor rated, Green, so I wouldn't of picked him personally to begin with, but now he's there may aswell stay with him.

I would prefer Hart or James though.

We all have differrnt views. Ive hated green since norwich days

this is the idiocy that im talking about...

green = low premiership team gk at best not international

Come on kituno, it was a really bad mistake and we cannot afford to have that happen again. But capello throughout his managerial career has been very loyal to players. He will start on friday
we all know its a bad mistake, you think green doesnt know it too? the point is the attidute behind the media and some of the fans. hart comes, makes a mistake, you can get that same lot willl be saying" capello shouldnt have played him, he's a rookie"

Agreed,it was a poor mistake,but we should forgive and forget these things and still maintain faith,otherwise they will never shine to the abilities of which they are capable of.

I still rate Green as a very good goalkeeper,however,I do take upon the views of which James or Hart should have started in goal.

Should of gone with world cup experience for that first opening games, aka James.

Although, was he injured?

Agreed,it was a poor mistake,but we should forgive and forget these things and still maintain faith,otherwise they will never shine to the abilities of which they are capable of.

I still rate Green as a very good goalkeeper,however,I do take upon the views of which James or Hart should have started in goal.
agree we will all have different opinion on who should play, i wanted james, but whoever plays, if they make a mistake,we should get behind them, not castigate them

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Should of gone with world cup experience for that first opening games, aka James.

Although, was he injured?
yeah he has slight trouble with his knee still

i dont know why hart didnt start, yes hes inexperienced, but we all have to start somewhere, half that german team yesterday had minimal experience, eg muller, boateng, neuer, ozil, but they hammered australia and played the best football ive seen for a while. Seriously all this inexperienced bullshit is annoying me

James has said that hes furious that he was apparently 'injured', and he said that he has "never been fitter" I think...

Green should be counting his blessings, he's lucky that wasn't the knockout stages.

I think we just need to re-install our faith into him and give him confidence that we're still behind him,regardless of the mistake.

i dont know why hart didnt start, yes hes inexperienced, but we all have to start somewhere, half that german team yesterday had minimal experience, eg muller, boateng, neuer, ozil, but they hammered australia and played the best football ive seen for a while. Seriously all this inexperienced bullshit is annoying me
but capello chose to go with experience, and in his eyes joe hart is inexperienced.