Goal.com polls show no sympathy to Green blunder

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 33
  • Views 3K

Has your opinion of Robert Green changed after his blunder vs. USA?

• Yes

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 33 82.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think we just need to re-install our faith into him and give him confidence that we're still behind him,regardless of the mistake.

Agreed.

And the quicker,the better.

Just slagging him off won't do any good and,like Jack Fulham mentioned,he should be very grateful that it wasn't in the knockout rounds.

Honestly i agree with Max, i always felt he is very over rated. You know he made more mistakes then any keeper in the prem this year dont you? and yes, even more than almunia

Honestly i agree with Max, i always felt he is very over rated. You know he made more mistakes then any keeper in the prem this year dont you? and yes, even more than almunia
he wouldnt have been my starter but it doesnt mean we shouldnt back him?

Regardless of whether he's overrated or underrated,maintaining faith in one will give them the confidence to excel.

In this case,Robert Green and the World Cup.

All this abuse on poor Robert Green has crossed the line, it really has :$

Scotland Legend.

I thought green took the **** when he said im 7th choice gk as a joke.Its got him noticed. For me he was joking but it was a true statement, Hes 6th best gk we have in my eyes so number 1 at world cup makes me feel ill, then the mistake made me iller. Hart is the answer. So commanding for a youngster and he had the best season

I don't understand the poll, has my opinion of him changed? I've always thought he was wank, so do I say no? Or the fact that I actually think he's even worse mean that it has changed my mind?

Why couldn't you just do a simple poll like 'Is Robert Green ****?' :S

Always knew he was **** :S
me and max were talking before the match and we both didnt know why he picked him ahead of James or Hart

What it says on his glove, is what he should be....

robert%20green%20number%206.jpg

I blame media and delirious fans for England's failings. You expect way too much of your players and teams, and when something goes wrong then you basically hound the person in the wrong and give them zero chance of regaining their confidence. I don't think Paul Robinson put on an England jersey after his mistake, neither did Scott Carson. It's just blatently wrong, I want to see the doubters try and handle the expectation of doing well in a major tournament without any errors. I also have extra sympathy as I am a goalkeeper myself and have made the same mistake. I bounced back because I had nobody to hound me, this is a different case

I never rated him before the World Cup so, no, my opinion hasn't changed.

no my opinion has not changed because my opinion was already that he was an accident prone keeper

Get off the blokes back, he made a mistake, David James used to do that every other week, as do Arsenal's keepers. Gomes did it every game the other season.

Honestly, I would of preferred Hart or James to start ahead of him, I was quite surprised he was picked. I'd still rather see Hart or James in-between the sticks next game.