Resource icon

Goal Hoarder - Lower league invincible 3-5-2 treble winner. Striker with 82 goals

Do you think this would work for a struggling PL team?

I’m newly promoted and my tactic that saw me promoted has not worked at all this season. Chopped and changed to try and turn things around but it isn’t clicking. 7 points off safety with 7 games left, so it may be too late, but I might give this a go and see how I fare.

Do you think this would work for a struggling PL team?

I’m newly promoted and my tactic that saw me promoted has not worked at all this season. Chopped and changed to try and turn things around but it isn’t clicking. 7 points off safety with 7 games left, so it may be too late, but I might give this a go and see how I fare.
If you have the players suited it should hopefully work, but it may be too late considering they're not used to the tactic. But, hey, what do you have to lose? It's worked very well for me when I've had the tactic from preseason.

If you have the players suited it should hopefully work, but it may be too late considering they're not used to the tactic. But, hey, what do you have to lose? It's worked very well for me when I've had the tactic from preseason.

I’ve been playing a 3-5-2 variation, albeit with slightly different positions and roles so hopefully it shouldn’t be too much of a jump.

I just want to see if there’s an upturn in results. Won 5 all season, so even a couple wins would show improvement. If it does look better then I may just go with it to try and bounce back.

I’ve been playing a 3-5-2 variation, albeit with slightly different positions and roles so hopefully it shouldn’t be too much of a jump.

I just want to see if there’s an upturn in results. Won 5 all season, so even a couple wins would show improvement. If it does look better then I may just go with it to try and bounce back.
Would love to hear how it goes.

Hi! Nice results. Gonna give it a try. Besides the tall CB any other key point? The striker needs to be tall, fast or somthing?

Hi! Nice results. Gonna give it a try. Besides the tall CB any other key point? The striker needs to be tall, fast or somthing?
I have a 191 cm striker on the right with 9 pace and 6 finishing scoring 82 goals. Very low league, though... I prefer my tallest striker on the right, good BWM's and the wingers should be fast.

Im gonna try it with Real Madrid in a few days so i have some questions. Sorry for my bad english

1- Besides a tall CB in the middle, the left and right CB's can be shorter? (I mean both Alaba and Militao got -190 cm)
2- The wingers and strikers have to play with their preferred foot in the opposite side? (i mean left striker with strong right foot and right striker with strong left foot)
3- Do you use the player with the best corner stats to shoot the corner or do you have to put a left footed in the right corner and a right footed in the left?
4- You dont have to use OI's right?

Im gonna try it with Real Madrid in a few days so i have some questions. Sorry for my bad english

1- Besides a tall CB in the middle, the left and right CB's can be shorter? (I mean both Alaba and Militao got -190 cm)
2- The wingers and strikers have to play with their preferred foot in the opposite side? (i mean left striker with strong right foot and right striker with strong left foot)
3- Do you use the player with the best corner stats to shoot the corner or do you have to put a left footed in the right corner and a right footed in the left?
4- You dont have to use OI's right?
1. Middle CB is important. I used a short fullback as CB left with Gateshead with great results (even before fully trained as CB).
2. Wingers need right foot right side, left foot left side. Preferably the same as strikers, but not needed. I play my tallest striker on the right side.
3. Left foot on right corner and right foot on left corner.
4. No need for OI.

I have a 191 cm striker on the right with 9 pace and 6 finishing scoring 82 goals. Very low league, though... I prefer my tallest striker on the right, good BWM's and the wingers should be fast.
Got promoted to Sky Bet 2 with Eastleigh last season using my own tactic. Now new season decide to give your tactic a try. Worked good in friendlys but when the real games started I couldn't get a win, only losses and draws. After 8 games not winning, gave it a little tweak, and changed the wingers to attacking full-backs and the 2 defensive midfielders to the middle with one of them with the playmaker role. Since then got 8 wins and 2 draws.
Do you tried to give your players instructions or does it work better without them?

Got promoted to Sky Bet 2 with Eastleigh last season using my own tactic. Now new season decide to give your tactic a try. Worked good in friendlys but when the real games started I couldn't get a win, only losses and draws. After 8 games not winning, gave it a little tweak, and changed the wingers to attacking full-backs and the 2 defensive midfielders to the middle with one of them with the playmaker role. Since then got 8 wins and 2 draws.
Do you tried to give your players instructions or does it work better without them?
I know I need to tweak it when I get higher up, and want to have a segundo volante on the right and a halfback on the left. Might change the wingers to defensive wingers if I'm left too much open, but so far I have one draw in the league, and my only losses are in the cups against teams 5 leagues over myself, so I feel no need to change anything yet. Don't have the access to the right players to change it either...

It might work better with player instructions, but all I've tried so far seem to confuse my players. Would love to hear some thoughts on how to improve though.

Could you post instructions separately for those on Xbox edition please?

Attachments

• 20211126203911_1.jpg
    20211126203911_1.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 170
  • 20211126203917_1.jpg
    20211126203917_1.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 20211126203922_1.jpg
    20211126203922_1.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 161
Ah perfect thank you. Is there any player instructions? Also could you post the attacking corner routines as you seem to have a lot of success with them.

Ah perfect thank you. Is there any player instructions? Also could you post the attacking corner routines as you seem to have a lot of success with them.

Attachments

• 20211126204801_1.jpg
    20211126204801_1.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 151
tac didnt work with my Kidderminster team unfortunately, now starting a save with chelsea just to try this tac

I wonder how we could tweak so defense is better, in many games you get outscored because of late game goals or usually conceding a goal right after you did one yourself sadly.

I wonder how we could tweak so defense is better, in many games you get outscored because of late game goals or usually conceding a goal right after you did one yourself sadly.

I've changed it from 3-5-2 to 4-4-2 top see how it would work and it seems to have tightened the defence while still creating chances.

1638008199763.png

tac didnt work with my Kidderminster team unfortunately, now starting a save with chelsea just to try this tac
I just started a new game as unemployed and got a job at Curzon Ashton. Still works pretty good for me.

How are the results?

I was top of the league prior to the change, but went from 6 points on 2nd to winning the League by 21 points.

These are my results after implementing the change.

1638016247084.png

This is under 3-5-2

1638016337005.png