Goal line technology by 2014?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How exactly is it BAD news? I think it is about ****** time.

Just read it. I'm not sure they will use goal line technology but they must make changes, maybe the goal line officials, that seemed to work.

How exactly is it BAD news? I think it is about ****** time.
this. clubs and countries have bee crying out for this for years. the technology is there. to say this is bad news is ridiculous

My only problem with goal line technology is that once they use it for the goal line people will want it used for offsides, corners, fouls and the game won't flow.

I just like the human error part of football, it gives controversary, and maybe it's not nice for the team on rhe negative end of it, but it gives conversation and shiz and changing the rules of the game. Will it be like in Tennis were they get so many 'check the video' moments? The game will be stopped to go to the video ref and all, progression isn't always good, wether it's inevitable or not Imho

My only problem with goal line technology is that once they use it for the goal line people will want it used for offsides, corners, fouls and the game won't flow.
not necessairly. just because you have it for one, doesnt mean to you must have it for the rest. first things first, lets the big obvious problems right

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

I just like the human error part of football, it gives controversary, and maybe it's not nice for the team on rhe negative end of it, but it gives conversation and shiz and changing the rules of the game. Will it be like in Tennis were they get so many 'check the video' moments? The game will be stopped to go to the video ref and all, progression isn't always good, wether it's inevitable or not Imho
not when it the consequences can be so massive. as for slwoing the game down. 10 seconds. tahts how long it took to prove lampards shot was acorss the line. one 7 second replay. thats how long it took for argentinas goal to be proved wrong on the big screen

They've got to look at it a lot, to check it's gone over, and make sure of it, otherwise there will be more controversay than ever

not necessairly. just because you have it for one, doesnt mean to you must have it for the rest. first things first, lets the big obvious problems right
I agree that they need to get these decisions right I just don't want it to be taken too far and ruin the game.

i personly dont want goalline technology, football is a game full ov debate and opionions so i say lets leave it the way it is.

i personly dont want goalline technology, football is a game full ov debate and opionions so i say lets leave it the way it is.

Its mainly a game of cheating and wrong decisions now.

They've got to look at it a lot, to check it's gone over, and make sure of it, otherwise there will be more controversay than ever

Not really, they dont even need to use video replays. For goal line technology they can use a chip in the ball. Which has been developed already so that the ball is exactly the same wait and that way they will know straight away.

not i doesnt take that long. we saw how quickly it can be done when they got the decisions wrong vs germany and argentina mexico. the ball technology , if you need to take that step, is already done.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 PM ----------

there will always be debate, but things like what happened dont need to be debated, they were just wrong

Not really, they dont even need to use video replays. For goal line technology they can use a chip in the ball. Which has been developed already so that the ball is exactly the same wait and that way they will know straight away.
How far down does this system go? Does it get into the Conference? If a team gets promoted to a 'dodgy decision' where they don't have this chip, then the team beaten won't be happy.

It doesn't actually take long (look at hawkeye in tennis). I just don't want it to be used for everything. Its good to have errors in football as it sparks debate and makes it more exciting.

So you'd rather have the wrong team win the game than wait 2 minutes in a game thats slow paced by heart?

And before you say anything yes football might be fast by UK standards but seriously its still a very slow game.

Its good to have errors in football as it sparks debate and makes it more exciting.

This is such a ridicilous statement. Seriously its such an artifial attempt to generate interest into the sport which maybe lacks interest (considering football is one of the biggest sports around this could hardly be the case?) somehow (lacking action and pace of a lot of "faster" sports). Its definitely not a positive thing, as the world cup has again showed, and should be not addressed as such (as it now again and again is by media and FIFA staff). If any sport knowingly allows referee mistakes exist when there are perfectly viable solutions to any of the problems its just simply #()¤/ stupid to let it stay that way.

Last edited:
How far down does this system go? Does it get into the Conference? If a team gets promoted to a 'dodgy decision' where they don't have this chip, then the team beaten won't be happy.

I doubt it is too expensive, but you cant say that the quality of football and the officials are as good in the Blue Square Premier as they are in the Prem anyway. Which is one arguement FIFA have used is that they want football to be the same in a park as it is at Old Trafford. It isnt anyway, and games at Old Trafford etc. are more important for a lot of reasons.

I doubt it is too expensive, but you cant say that the quality of football and the officials are as good in the Blue Square Premier as they are in the Prem anyway. Which is one arguement FIFA have used is that they want football to be the same in a park as it is at Old Trafford. It isnt anyway, and games at Old Trafford etc. are more important for a lot of reasons.
this.

also the two companies offering it have agreed to bring it in at thier own cost in return for sponsorship deals

i understand but these things in football have a way ov in the past if gone against you will go for you if you get my drift. all i know is that if england or chelsea get knocked out ov a competition in the future because the linesman/ref missed it and goalline technology corrected it i would be more ****** off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back