Goal scoring machine urgently needed for Havant & Waterlooville - BSS

ianpayne1982

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have recently started a save unemployed with experience set as Sunday League. I applied for every job going to see who will give me my shot at management. My chance came when Havant & Waterlooville came knocking at my door. So far all is going well, I am at the end of January in my first season, top of the league by 2 points with a very strong Salisbury team chasing me. I also made it to the third round of the FA Cup, where I held Everton away to a 1-1 draw for them to beat me at home 2-1. Still excellent effort from my boys.

My problem I face is that I don't have a real goal scorer :-(. My top scorer is my left winger Tony Taggart who has hit the back of the net an incredible 14 times. I am in real need for a quality striker, I signed Carl Court thinking he would be my man especially being a former 7 million pound player but he has been very disappointing in front of goal, only scoring 4 goals.

Please can anyone advice me on a decent forward I can pick up on a free or on loan????? I can't face losing top spot and having to go through the playoffs, probably getting knocked out and having to start another year in the 6th tier :-(

ADVICE ADVICE ADVICE is urgently needed my friends?????

2 words: Jamil Adam

Irish international, lightning quick with a tidy finish. Snapped him up a couple of times in the lower leagues and he's scored virtually a goal a game for me.

Tom Brighton's been a 25-30 goal a season player for me as well, but I've found he ends up warming the bench by the time you break out of the non leagues

Not sure what your money situation is like but you could make an offer for Don Cowan of Stevenage... I signed him for 20k although I am AFC Wimbledon in League 2... Worth a shot though if you have the money, he's a great striker for the lower leagues!

Also try making a loan offer for Martyn Waghorn of Leicester. He is usually on the loan list and very clinical in front of goal...

Vincent Pericard is a free agent at the start of the game, and he was decent in League 2 so I'm sure he'd be amazing in BSP S!

Emile Mpenza is a free agent at the end of the first season, the ex-City striker... Very good signing!

I know im in a slightly different position in League 2 but they're all worth looking into!

Thanks, I don't have any transfer funds and I only have £300 remaining in my wage budget of 5k, so I will def look at Waghorn :)

I'm with Crewe in league 2 and Jamil Adam wasn't interested in joining me. I got Febian Brandy on a free from Man Utd but i doubt he would drop to non-league. Your wage budget is a problem but maybe you can get the board to grant more funds.....Good luck !! Let me know how you get on...

Vincent Pericard usually asks for around £300pw. Though if you're already part way through the season he'll probably have seen signed by someone. I've got him with Bath.