Goal streak!

Ficoman

Reaction score
I play FM quite long and i have never seen defender scoring that much goals . So i'm intersted if something like this happend to someone else. :D
madafaka.png

the most i have had a defender scoring was danny wilson scoring 14 goals in my second season in about 42 games so 12 in 18 is awesome

Can happen if you have a good corner taker and the defender has good heading and jumping ability, its not un common, it was easy to score lots from corners on 09 and FM10 have made that a bit harder but it has the same concept.

on FM09 30 goal a season centre backs werent uncommon. i notice hes also a midfielder, what position are you playing him in?

I have never had a goalscoring centreback tbh what are the best instructions for it?

it was easy on fm09, not so much on 10. its an exploitation of the match engine for corners

find 2 or 3 players who have high stats in:

jumping, bravery, heading, strength and balance and anticipation.

this usually means centre backs, helps if the are tall and quite heavy too.

set those 2-3 players to challenge GK at the corner. you also need a good corner taker who aims the corner into the 6 yard box

Thanks Jake!

Will look at this in my Vale game

May not be able to get someone like that though

it was easy on fm09, not so much on 10. its an exploitation of the match engine for corners

find 2 or 3 players who have high stats in:

jumping, bravery, heading, strength and balance and anticipation.

this usually means centre backs, helps if the are tall and quite heavy too.

set those 2-3 players to challenge GK at the corner. you also need a good corner taker who aims the corner into the 6 yard box

I have all that in just one player :D But still its unusual defender to score every match, no matter how good header/jumper he is.
kryv.png

I have all that in just one player :D But still its unusual defender to score every match, no matter how good header/jumper he is.

thats why its an exploitation of a weakness in the match engine lol

Maybe you play him as a striker and play down both flanks, as he is good in the air he would be able to score this amount.

could i ask, how are you Stoke and Wales ?

You can manage a club and a country at the same time.

Here is Kryvstov at the end of the season. In second half of the season he wasnt scoring as much as in a first half, but still his goal scoring ratio is impressive for a defender
kryvtsovs.png

25 goals in a season is immense for a centre half...
my centre back Otamendi scored 9 goals this season in my Wolfsburg game, and I thought that was impressive!

Amazing! But I see his value did not rise much between the last 2 screen shots. What was his value when you took the first screen shot?

Amazing! But I see his value did not rise much between the last 2 screen shots. What was his value when you took the first screen shot?

I dont know for sure, but as u said value didnt rise much.