Goal

Darren

Reaction score
looks very good, has anyone seen it?

is it even out yet?

They were talking about the premiere last week on TV & its being advertised so it must be nearly out.
I thought it looked like a sack of ***** but then what do i know?

Erm, What is it about...plot...who it stars...etc....

From whative seen its about a South Aamerican who comes here to play for Newcastle & I think maybe he goes to Real, not sure though.

Sherear is in it, Beckham 'acts' in it

By that you mean, appears for 20 seconds, armed to the teeth in Adidas gear and drinking a diet pepsi and says "Hi Im David Beckham, England and Ex Man U player" :p

chuckle chuckle

Yes actually, the clip was on Football Focus last week

its about a Mexican guy who gets signed by Newcastle.
Its got Anna Friel in it aside from that i dont know much else. But below i'll write my own plot summary, if you get to see it you can tell me how accurate it is...

Boy from Mexico is scouted, he gets picked up by Newcastle, hes valued at a tiny sum of £50k, Newcastle is his 19th choice of English club just behind Derby, but just in front of Yeovil. Shepard paid £10m for him, and dispite all that 40,000 Geordies went to see him sign. He then promised goals and such.
Then he meets a girl (in Newcastle), at first he isnt interested but she gives chase, slowly, as the pants around her ankles are hindering her pace.
Anyway, he probably comes on to score the winner in some cup final or something like that. Its the first thing Newcastle win in 50+ years and its a very sad fact that they can only win fictional trophies.

Most films about football are ****, I cant see this one being any different

Kris said:

Course it'll be great with Shearer and co in it. ;)

Kris said:

What are you talking about?! Mean Machine & Escape To Victory are both great!

ill give you mean machine.

and what about The Great Arsenal Stadium mystery :p

ETV was only good cos it had Pele etc

Jimmy Grimble was good but only cos Waterfall was on the soundtack.

& theres that other sorta football film with the 2 boys who are desperate for Newc season tix.

Gregor said:
ETV was only good cos it had Pele etc

Jimmy Grimble was good but only cos Waterfall was on the soundtack.

& theres that other sorta football film with the 2 boys who are desperate for Newc season tix.

purely belter ;)

classic film - fun to abuse stupid **** geordies :D

Football Factory is meant to be good aswell, i havent seen it though.
And what about Mike Bassett?

yeh MB owns (theres an MB tv show coming very soon)

Kris u talk *******

There are lots of good football films, football factory, green street, the firm, I.D, Jimmy grimble and kicking and screaming all proper mint films, i think the goal will be an ok film and looks kind of good i will have it by tomoz so i will know :D

samleggott said:
football factory is an absolute classic

one of my fave films

whats good about it?

It has a very **** story.

The fights are ****.

The actings ****.

The accents are farking annoying

Football Factory is a great film. So is escape to victory, mike bassett, purely belter (only seen once though), and Jimmy Grimble is good :D.

I want to see this it is the first of a trilogy and John you are correct in the third he goes on into the World Cup.

I know im correct Butters.

I saw it tonight, it was alright a bit far fetched. Liverpool were leading 1-2 away from home at the end of the film. And Newcastle made it to the Champions League.
Plus the biggest problem with this film is its only been out a few weeks and it already looks dated by the fact that half the Newcastle squad is different. Cant blame the makers but, they might aswell have just made a completely fictional team and worked him into that.
They also really make out like all the Geordies do is watch football and drink. Bit silly really.