GloverLover

Reaction score
Ive just signed a very good promising young keeper whose handling and reflexes are 15, yet i have a problem. He makes some outstanding saves but a lot of the times that a cross is delieverd or a corner, he just parries it away, leading to many goals. Any help or reasoning would really be useful? what training do I need to put him on?

does he have a high tendancy to punch or eccentricity? their bad stats to have.

his tendency to punch is 12 and eccentricity is 9. can i lower his punching?

I agree that it could be town to eccentricity or tendency to punch, although I'm also pretty sure that when it comes to high crosses, aerial ability is the stat you want. Handling and reflexes would be more connected to low crosses and shots than high crosses.

tendancy to punch means he'll literally run in to meet a cross, and puch the ball away, meaning it could fall to anyone, and as the goalies off his line from meeting the cross the goal is exposed. A better goalie would catch the ball and then try and throw it out to launch a counter attack.
Eccentricity is how mad the goalkeeper is, think like bruce grobelar, bartez, or rene higita fantastic keepers but you never know where the next howler is coming from!
12 and 9 are to high in my opinion! see if you can talk to him to try not to punch which should help =)

YouTube - A few Moments of Rene Higuita
YouTube - Rene Higuita and the Scorpion kick

Last edited: