Goalkeeper, Centre Back,Winger and Striker for Southampton.

tommyd150

Reaction score
Just finished my first season, I finished a respectable 7th place.

The board have given me £65M to spend, I have sold Gabbiadini to Monaco for £30m, Yoshida to Bournemouth for £6m, So my budget is going to be around £100M!

What I want...

GK- Youth, I want a young GK who can be back up for 2/3 seasons then will replace Forster.

CB- With Yoshida leaving, I don't have a back up for Hoedt and VVD. I want someone who wont mind been back up but with the ability to became a class CB.

AMR- Winger- Need more options out wide with players leaving.

ST- I have Dolberg and Austin, As Gabbiadini leaving I could do with a back up for them. I wouldn't mind if it was a young promising striker.

Sounds like the AMR is a priority but if you have the cash spare Moussa Dembele from Celtic can turn into one of the best strikers in the game in a couple of years. Managed to get him for £19m at the start of the first season with Arsenal and he accepted a rotation role with no issues.

Jairo is an incredible player. Was my player of the season as I got Palace to fifth place. Can be a left inside forward or right winger

GK: Christian Früchtl, Alban Lafont, Alessandro Plizzari

CB: Matthijs de Ligt

AMR: Felice D'Amico, Malcom, Leon Bailey

ST: Andrea Pinamonti, Amine Gouiri, Willem Geubbels

Jairo is an incredible player. Was my player of the season as I got Palace to fifth place. Can be a left inside forward or right winger

what kind of tac did ypu play with, and did you bring in a backup for benteke?

Used a direct system at first but made it less direct when I got Batshuayi in January. Tarashaj was originally my back up striker but when Benteke got an injury I decided to get Batshuayi and rotate. Tactic was an attacking 4-1-2-3 with the front 3 being an inside forward (jairo), winger (zaha) and complete forward (benteke)

Quarta - CB
Pretty cheap and reliable. Would slot into the first team easily.

Caldara and Vallejo but the latter might be harder to sign.

Striker? Pinamonti. He was a complete beast in my previous save and notched 30 goals without a sweat playing as an advanced forward. Cutrone and Dolberg are amazing as well. Moise Kean too. These are players that you would want to sign of you plan on making Southampton contenders for the EPL title on a regular basis.

Rodrygo on the left flank as an inside forward. Really cheap. Work permit might be an issue though but he is world class.

Kepa Arrizabalaga or Predrag Rajkovic as goalkeepers. World class ability and expect elite clubs to come knocking in 2-3 seasons.

Last edited:
Gk Audero/Lafont
cb: Brendan Holoway/Elvedi/Lemos
AMR/Winger: kovalenko/Chiesa/Demaray Gray
CF Eggestein/Gustavo Scarpa