Goalkeeper for newly promoted prem side 2.season

Batajakiller

Reaction score
Doing great with Midlesbrough in the first season few matches left and we have 10p more than anyone in the league Dimi Konstatopoulos is my goalkeeper (37 year lod greece gk) hes best goalie of the league with most cleansheets ... Anyway he wont be able to do a job in prem (im keeping him as backup ) i need younger goalie cheap and quality was thinking of Rajkovic,but is he able to be the nr 1 from 2. Season

I would probably look at someone like Timo Horn(If he still has his 6.5 mil release clause), Ospina(probably unhappy with his playing time at arsenal. And get them to pay some of his wages), Begovic(same as Ospina) or maybe Jasper Cillesen if he wants to move to a bigger league.
- For me you shouldn't look at a wonderkid like Rajkovic even though he would probably be good enough from the start. I would get someone a little more experienced, but maybe that's just me. :D

Signed Rajkovic for a newly promoted side in Bundesliga. His progress is really impressive but I can't say he didn't concede some easy goals at times and given his age + lack of language knowledge it's pretty normal. He won't cause you to relegate, if you have the patience he'll get better and better every day and eventually become one of the best in the game. It's really up to you.

If you prefer to go with "set to contribute right away" kind of guy, take a look at those German talents like Zieler and Timo Horn. Zoet from PSV and Consigli from Sassuolo are also decent keepers who are more budget-friendly.

I've been using Rajkovic, and he matured really quickly. I did have him backing up Lloris for a season. However, he did great when Hugo was out for 2 mos.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I also play as Boro And managed to get Butland for 10m off a relegated Stoke and just finished 6th in my first Orem season. Also look at Kyle walker was transfer listed at Spurs on mine for 5m and smashed it or for something completely different look at Cubas (Andre??) young South American is tearing up serie a on mine and Roma got him for only 2m

Interestingly, I just promoted to Premier League myself using Middlesbrough, and is currently using Sam Johnstone as my keeper. He is doing pretty good, with my team having one of the best defenses in EPL after 15 games and in 3rd position. He was on loan with me for the Championship with a buyout clause of 1.5 mil pounds. I took it simply because I am trying to build an English core as much as possible. Of course, I could potentially use Predrag or Begovic except that my board gave me only 9 mil, and a % transfer revenue of 5% despite having rich finances. Rulli was out for me because I can't afford his wages without significantly compromising on my own finances.

I agree with the Tim Horn, Predrag or perhaps even Rulli on a free transfer if you can afford his wages.

One very short term and affordable purchases could be 33 year old Jefferson from Brazil. He's a Brazil international and should cost you 2-3 mil, and about 20k wages.

Last edited:
They only gave me 9m too but I requested more funds being 4th in the October and they gave me 27m start of 3rd season and my budget is 48m :)

I managed Rulli at the start of the 2nd season for around £2.5m.

2 seasons later my chairman accepted a £29m bid for him.

They only gave me 9m too but I requested more funds being 4th in the October and they gave me 27m start of 3rd season and my budget is 48m :)

I guess for some reason, your board is less stingy compared to mine. I am jealous :p I am currently miraculously in 2nd position in Jan 2017 (2nd season, 1st season in premier league), requested for additional funds and they pretty much tell me I can go suck a sock. #@^@#%@#$@# I really wonder how they can expect me to aim for mid table (albeit me over performing with the players I have), give me ONLY 9 mil and refuse my additional funds despite having a potentially 100 mil profit for the season.

Still annoyed but Johnstone has saved me for a few matches already, ironically one of those matches was against Manchester United where he pulled off 11 saves for a 0-0 draw away. I am known as the Tinkerer though. ^_^

Hey everyone ,teemo horn does not have his release clause, Johnstone is at united,Ospina is not unhappy,The brazilian gk (jefferson)is at his peak but i just dont like him. I got Rajkovic for 4m€ my board gave me 28 budget ,could be streched to 40 i got el shaarawy ,rajkovic, Wellington Silva and one free defender