Goalkeepers dont get booked or sent off?

Aidan1978

Reaction score
Hi this might have been answered previously, but i have never seen any goalies get booked or sent off. Has that happened to anyone? I was watching one of my matches last night and the ball was delivered into the box which split my GK and the opposition CF, my GK was closer but seemed to do a weird backwards walk and allow the CF to get a shot in. I have seen CFs go around the keeper, but never have the GK mistimed his challenge and took the CF out which happens a fair amount in real life. I think this happened to me in a previous version of FM but that might have been a dream...

They get sent off and booked sometimes. its not often obviously.

It did happen in previous FM games but I haven't noticed it in 2010 and 2011.

I haven't seen that as well in all the 'years' i played FM11.

One other thing i don't see much, fortunately, is that my GK gets injured many times. I remember from previous versions that i should have an almost as good 2nd GK because my 1st would get injured a couple of times per season.

I had Reina sent off in a Liverpool save, and I never play with a sub keeper, I ended up losing 3-2 to Brum after being 2-0 up.

He was sent off in the 37th min, and I stuck Carragher in goal.

Seen Gomes get sent off once against Chelsea. was in the 90th min. and I'd played all 3 subs. Cant remember the score but thats the only time i've seen it

saw that in fm 10 but not fm 11

got thrashed 7 goals in that game :S

Mine got sent off for handling the ball. He grabbed it outside the box, the diddy. Immediate cessation of chocolate rations followed!

Hi this might have been answered previously, but i have never seen any goalies get booked or sent off. Has that happened to anyone? I was watching one of my matches last night and the ball was delivered into the box which split my GK and the opposition CF, my GK was closer but seemed to do a weird backwards walk and allow the CF to get a shot in. I have seen CFs go around the keeper, but never have the GK mistimed his challenge and took the CF out which happens a fair amount in real life. I think this happened to me in a previous version of FM but that might have been a dream...
I do remember a rangers save i had macgregor got booked for handling outside the box,but good point maybe the only glitch in a otherwise good game

thanks all, maybe my keeper is scared to put his face where the boots are flying.

I had Reina sent off in a Liverpool save, and I never play with a sub keeper, I ended up losing 3-2 to Brum after being 2-0 up.

He was sent off in the 37th min, and I stuck Carragher in goal.

loool i had reina sent off as well once on the 50th minute and it was my only time i got a keeper sent off. i was leading 1-0 i also don't play a reserve goalie meaning i had to play carragher as a keeper. somehow miraculously i managed to hold on to draw 1-1 against ac milan. this was fm10 though

I had Alex Smithies booked for handling outside of the area :D And then got a second yellow in the 86th Minute so I put José Fonte in goal...

never happend to me yet either, its the reason why i don't have a keeper on the bench.

never happend to me yet either, its the reason why i don't have a keeper on the bench.

So as i posted somewhere above you also have no injured goalies as well? Other than just being sent off that's a risk too.

Yesterday in a match for his team this player was diving and being dead cocky during the game so when he was put 1 on 1 with my mate (the keeper) my mate just rugby tackled him inside the box the ref gave nothing even though he saw it and said you're lucky I dident send you off for diving earlier! lol

I was cruising 3-0 in a Cup match against West Ham i think, decided to bring on a few youngsters early in the second half, keeper gets himself off and concedes a penalty and with no subs left i had to put Dzeko in goal, game went to extra time but i managed to score a late winner thankfully.

i rarely have keepers sent off but it hasn't happened once in FM11

I have never noticed it in any recent FM Games if im being honest.. few more things for SI to work on to make it more realistic INC Transfers of players and relaistic prices and contracts running out ETC but still a cracking game none the less!