dareck21

Reaction score
Hi. I have a problem with my goalkeepers. They almost always passes to left fullback...
players instructions and analysis.
View attachment 272160View attachment 272162View attachment 272168View attachment 272174View attachment 272175View attachment 272176View attachment 272177

As you can see because of my goalkeeper there is more actions by left wing:/
My tactic is 'Target Man Winger by Raikan 007' but just a little modified by me. Any advice?:<
If You can give me some advice about cover versus team uses 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 tactics, I will be gratefull;)

The problem is distribution. If a centre back is marked (likely to happen with modern, hard working centre forwards) then your goalie will still use the defender collect option, in you case, your left back is occupied by opponents least often, so he gets most of the ball. I have mine set to mixed, as long as you goalies decision making and distribution (kicking, throwing) attributes are fairly high, you can entrust him to make the right call.

yeah, the gk sees the left back in a good position to get the ball and so he chooses him especially if he plays with the right foot and avoids the weaker one.
ie buffon with mixed distribution passes there quite often
if you want him to give the ball to a particular player then set him in the distribution and minimise the creativity

the funny thing is my Buffon still passes there ( balzaretti or cissokho FBS ) even when I have a bpd cover, a dms and a dropping playmaker.

Last edited:
I just set ditribution-mixed, distribution to-none, passes-short.
View attachment 272224
As You see, most ball are lost:/

Also, I made an experiment and changed goalkeeper to left footed and he passes most balls to right fullback... De Gea is right footed and he avoids the weaker one. The solution is... buy both footed goalkeeper? ..but.. I like De Gea:/
Im wondering, if I set Deep lying playmaker on RCM, not LCM and Deep lying forward from LCF to RCF is make any differences?
Sometimes I want to play by right wing if opponents left defender have a bad day, but I can't if my own goalkeeper passes to the left side...