Goalkeepers,why r they so expensive 4 a good 1?

kevdo

Reaction score
dunno bout you guys but apart from buffon n casillas who r way ahead an mega to buy who's the best value goalie out there?
am milan n abbiati's cack so managed 2 get craig gordon 4 £13mil turned out to be a good bit of business as he only conceded 31 in 52 and he saved a few pens!
anyone had any luck wi a shot-stopper?

Yeah there are quite a few, better than Gordon, and for less.
1 - Vincenzo FIORILLO(Sampdoria) becomes the best on the game(£5m)
2 - Francisco Guillermo OCHOA(America) good quality keeper(£6m-£11m)
3 - Sergio ASENJO(Valladolid) Hot, hot prospect(6-7m)
4 - Oscar USTARI(GETAFE) another hot prospect(7m)
5 - Josh LAMBO(FC Dallas) cheap, and young, gets very good after a couple of years(100k)
6 - Giorgi MAKARIDZE(can't remember) same as above cheap, and prosperous(75k)
7 - Federico VILAR(can't remember) experienced GK(3m)
8 - Oswaldo SANCHEZ(Santos Laguna) experience gk(4m)
9 - Bogdan LOBONT(BUCHAREST, I think) good keeper, and not bad price(2m)

hope this is helpful. These guys all get a LOT better than C. Gordon.

Yeah there are quite a few, better than Gordon, and for less.
1 - Vincenzo FIORILLO(Sampdoria) becomes the best on the game(£5m)
2 - Francisco Guillermo OCHOA(America) good quality keeper(£6m-£11m)
3 - Sergio ASENJO(Valladolid) Hot, hot prospect(6-7m)
4 - Oscar USTARI(GETAFE) another hot prospect(7m)
5 - Josh LAMBO(FC Dallas) cheap, and young, gets very good after a couple of years(100k)
6 - Giorgi MAKARIDZE(can't remember) same as above cheap, and prosperous(75k)
7 - Federico VILAR(can't remember) experienced GK(3m)
8 - Oswaldo SANCHEZ(Santos Laguna) experience gk(4m)
9 - Bogdan LOBONT(BUCHAREST, I think) good keeper, and not bad price(2m)

hope this is helpful. These guys all get a LOT better than C. Gordon.

Youve pretty much covered it there, could also add Enyeama onto that list. 85k at start of game, but always gets transfered to one of the big boys.

Hugo Lloris from Lyon is one of the best keepers on the game and only 22
but hes not cheap, around £20mill.
If you can afford him, he's worth it, went over 1000 mins without conceding for me

akinfeev, not too sure how much you spend as i paid 6 million compensation for him which is unreal tbh, plus got him tied down to a contract before someone else snapped him on a free

thanx folks,managed to get asenjo for 7mil min fee n he's puttin in some steady performances already! signed lambo as well def one for the future!

trying to buy lloris is a joke. you would think when you bid £25 mil the board would step in and accept the bid but no.

What is all you'r best teams in terms of defence?

i bought ben foster in second year on a free transfer i think he is one of the best in second season havent got onto third season yet. drogba had an empty goal i was everton with foster in goal and he somehow jumped across the other side of the goal and saved it . just wait till second season and get him for free man utd dnt renew his contract.

Hugo Lloris from Lyon is one of the best keepers on the game and only 22
but hes not cheap, around £20mill.
If you can afford him, he's worth it, went over 1000 mins without conceding for me
i`ve offered over 25mill for him never gets excepted!:(
Mandanda aswell!:'(

Last edited:
i`ve offered over 25mill for him never gets excepted!:(
Mandanda aswell!:'(

mandanda isnt worth it imo, he cost as much as if not more than lloris but doesn't develop as well.
i got Lloris for £25mill and a 15% profit clause.
if you can't get Lloris i would go for Ochoa

Nobody realises that, whilst Fiorillo and Asenjo do well, they will fall drab in big games. Hugo Lloris is amazing; I would also recommend Mandana. But the best bargain for money of a goalkeeper on FM is Renan for Botafago.

Sergio Asenjo 1st season just 7million most ive had him worth is 29million in like 5season and joe hart 10million 1st season