ChrisDCFC

Reaction score
Quick question to see if anyone else has had this problem.

Using a 442 tactic from this site with a built in corner routine. First two seasons my CB scored over 15 goals from corners. My forwards also banged in a few from them too. Now in my 3rd season I'm not scoring at all from corners. The tactic is good and is still working but I miss these extra goals that made a one - nil two or three.

Anybody have a solution?

The one I am using is similar. Just frustratingly not working in season 3!!

Maybe the head coaches in the league you are playing in have put more effort in tactic training to defending set pieces after noticing your team scoring goals from them. This would especially be true if you won the league both seasons.

Maybe the head coaches in the league you are playing in have put more effort in tactic training to defending set pieces after noticing your team scoring goals from them. This would especially be true if you won the league both seasons.

Always thought the AI learning your tactics was a myth? At least that makes sense. So changing the set piece set up should start us scoring again?

Could be.

I do know that if you play f.ex Wigan or Newcastle, and win the Premier league in your first season with the same/similar tactic every game, that the AI head coaches will change their tactics to counter yours. After all, they want to win the Premier league, too, and you're suddenly the strongest team to beat. Maybe you're scoring 9001 goals from set pieces so they focus on defending set pieces in their tactics.

You could try changing your set pieces (ie where corners are shot, who receives them, etc) or getting a better/taller fullback to score goals. If changing the set pieces nets you goals, then it was probably the above. If changing the player nets the goals, then it could be anything! Maybe a key aerial player lost some jumping ability over the course of an injury, or a key corners/free kick taker lost some technique or composure.