Goals Galore XIII - Blast From The Past

elhazel

Reaction score
Welcome to Elhazel's Goals Galore XIII!

It started on how frustrated I am on FM17's tactical consistencies. I never get the result that I want. Then I started to dig into the past and found this Goals Galore tactic for FM13 that I've made myself and starting to replicate it into FM17 with little tweaks.

Here's the tactic:
View attachment 118789 View attachment 118788

I'm using RBL on my save game with few new players from the 2nd transfer window.
First match, I won 4-1 against Hamburg, then 3-0 against Freiburg. Not bad.
View attachment 118787

Then the next match I won 6-3 against Mainz. Wow, things become interesting there, the scores are getting bigger as the tactics getting more familiar to the players.
View attachment 118784

The next match on German Cup Semi Final against Mainz, I decided to use my second-grade squad filled with youngsters and few experienced players.

Guess what? I won 11-4.
View attachment 118785

That's true that I only tested this tactic on RBL on Bundesliga, but few of my friend that tried this tactic on a Top-Tier competition like Arsenal, Southampton, Lille OSC, etc. already shared the same output as mine. I haven't tested this tactic with lower tier teams, so if you want to try it, go ahead. I recommend getting your team familiar with this tactic first before making any judge.

So here's few things about it:

1. Prepare to concede few goals. Remember, the best defense is keep attacking your opponents. They could score against you, but you'll score bigger than them. If you're looking for a clean & tidy tactic, I'm sorry mate.

2. Speedy Center Backs. You need three speedy CBs ( 14 or more for Acceleration & Pace) with decent defending attributes like Tackling, Marking, Heading, Decision, Composure, and Concentration to cancels opponent's counter attacks.

3. There's gonna be goals from your Inside Forwards. So it's a bonus if you have IF with a decent Finishing capability.

4. Let your Assistant Manager handles the Opposition Instructions. Also don't bother to tweak individual Player Instructions.

5. Somehow, this tactic draws fouls from your opponents, which is good for you, because there will be more cards for them and more opportunities for you.

6. General Training = Balanced (Average), Scheduling = Match Training 3/6, Match Preparation = Att. Movement.

Download Goals Galore XIII:
View attachment 118795

That's it. Please leave a feedback! Thank you.

Last edited:
that for FM16?

It's actually made from FM17. I guess it's my fault for posted it at FM16 tactics, I hope the moderators could move this thread to FM17 tactics forum.

But hey, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try this tactic on FM16.