ohdannyboy

Reaction score
Hi just finished my first season with blackburn rovers.
really struggled up front bagging goals, rochina top goalscorer with 8 goals in 25 apperances.
play mainly 442 so thinking of target man poacher combo.

Any suggestions?

Transfer budget 16mil but other areas of the squad need improving too so cant blow it all.

cheers

Try to use the Player Search function in FM to see who's available for cheap and also look for players Man City have transfer listed. I would suggest Kevin Gameiro from Paris Saint Germain, not sure how much they want for him, though, or if he wants to join you.

cheers for all the suggestions, just signed Darwin Quinero (2.4mil) hope hes a bargain!
and bought Thomas necid, great in fm11 so hope hes as good this year.

Just play Junior Hoilett on the right as an Inside forward or up top as a poacher.

yeh thats how i play hoilett as an inside forward, play 442 with the wingers as AMR and AML, with hoilett cutting inside.

does seem to waste some good chances though when he could play in a forward.

I remember Necid was the first signing I ever made in my first time on FM - I think it was 2007. Back then he was an unknown Czech reserve but has gone on to do quite well for himself. Hope he bangs in a few for you (if/when not injured).

Let us know how these strikers get on. I like the suggestion of Moussa Sow (is he really that cheap still?) and would Gary Hooper be interested in a club like Blackburn?

Wilfried as target man (£2.5m release clause) and Leigh Griffiths from Wolves as a poacher. Job done, cheaply.

Rochina will get better and will score more goals, trust me, im Blackburn 3 seasons in and he's absolutely class. Try to sign either Cisse from freiburg or Bangura from Celtic.

I sign a 21yr old Icelandic international from Ajax for £4mil in January on my QPR save. So far scored 6 in 5 games. Can't remember his name, but there aren't too many 21yr olds that play up front for Ajax in the team!

Im in my 2nd season now as Blackburn, i won FA cup in 1st season and sold Samba to City for 23.5m in Jan 1st season, i Signed Papiss Cisse in 1st season January for 10m and Ryan Shawcross again for 10m to replace Samba.
In the Summer i was given 26m Chelsea released Anelka and Bosingwa, so i signed them both, and I Loaned Adebayor from City.
Cisse is my top scorer and is playing well.

I am currently Blackburn aswell . Had been playing 4-2-3-1 with Yakubu as a Target man and he has scored 15 goals in 22 games . Signed Alberto Paloschi from Chievo (can get him on a free usually at the end of the 1st season but needed another striker as I sold goodwillie) Signed for 2.5 Million and he's been a Monster . 12 in 12