duderanch

Reaction score
I have a question. How do you make your midfielder to score more goals and assist? I am playing 442 formation with Man Utd now and it seems that my midfield isn't contributing enough goals. I bought Gourcuff and played him along side Carrick. But he isn't scoring many goals. What role should I give him? More creative freedom on him? Set mentality to attacking? or is there anything else? Please be specific. Thanks in advance mate.

I have a question. How do you make your midfielder to score more goals and assist? I am playing 442 formation with Man Utd now and it seems that my midfield isn't contributing enough goals. I bought Gourcuff and played him along side Carrick. But he isn't scoring many goals. What role should I give him? More creative freedom on him? Set mentality to attacking? or is there anything else? Please be specific. Thanks in advance mate.
central midfield attack, he needs the roaming to get forward, also teach him the get forward at all times ppm,

ive just started a new game with him, and im currently testing him as advanced playmaker attack (in a 4-4-2) with him set as the playmaker, hes picked up a few, ill keep testing and let you know. since im playing as united, you wanna tacch your formation and ill have a look. my problem is that hes currently taking too many shots from too far out (hes got the shoot from distance ppm) so trying to see if it'll get him into better postions

thanks for the advice. I'm gonna try it out and get back to you again.

no worries, i do know that if you set him as avd playmaker/attack but dont set him as one he doesnt in the right positons and shoots from too far out, same if you set himt adv playmaker/support. havent played yet but gonna play now. ill try update you by 9

i know. Gourcuff tends to shoot from distance often and 85% of them don't go in.

Martin Rowlands scored 20 league goals from midfield with my goalscoring tactic set as a box to box midfielder. The tactic is on the site if you wanna use it :)

@Max Where is the tactic? I don't see it. Can you give me the link?

i use han's tactic which is pretty much awesome.

set one mid to adv playmaker and one to box/box
i also play as man united and bought gourcuff, he actually seems very overrated by the scouts and doesn't perform to well mostly

Why do you want your midfield to score more goals? You have strikers for that. :p

lol yeah, but it always makes your life a little easier when your mids can chip in 10 goals each a season.

I find box to box mfs get the best goal average as they have the most selfish set up,the only downsides of box to box is your strikers tend to score less.