Campbell

Reaction score
sky-sports-news.jpg

BREAKING NEWS: Liverpool have sacked manager Rafael Benitez. This news comes as the owners of the illustrious club feel the team need a new start, and with that a new manager. The Merseyside club have released this statement: "We can confirm that manager Rafa Benitez will depart the club, there is no hard feeling between either party. Both the club and the ex-manager feel it was for the best of the club. There will be a new manager unveiled in a very short time". This news doesn't come as a shock to the footballing world as Liverpool is a club with such great history of winniing trophies and as of late their manager wasn't delivering the goods needed to please the fans.

BLAIR CAMPBELL UNVEILED AS MANAGER
Liverpool FC have confirmed the signing of rookie manager Blair Campbell, this news comes as more of a shock to the fans of Liverpool as they were eagerly anticipating a familiar face to be taking control of the club, but it wasn't to be. A press conference has been set up for the new Liverpool Manager to meet the media.

Q. You sit here as new Liverpool manager. Is this your dream job?

A. Absolutely, I have been a life long fan of the club, and now to manage the club as a newbie to the managing world is just unexplainable. To sit here infront of the media jsut been announced at the Manager of the club I love so much just takes my breath away.

Q. The Liverpool Manager job is one of the biggest in football. How will you be able to handle the pressure?

A. The way I see it, I have to prove myself by winning not only games this season but by giving the fans what they want, including what I want and that's the Premier League title and perhaps other trophies would such a great success for me at the club.

Q. What is your overall approach to the tactical side of the game?

A. By playing attacking football is a great way to win games, that much is obvious but trying out different players and different styles of play will always be on my mind and I will try out all that I can think of to win every game possible.

Q. Handling your players effectively is a key part of the job. What will you be bringing to the man management side of the game?

A. I just want my players to respect me as the manager and they know they can come to me with any issues with their game.

Q. How involved do you tend to be in the club?

A. Well i'm sure that my staff will help me out in some area's of the club, but i'd like to be involved as much as I can with the busy schedule I will have.

Q. Do you already have an idea of which players you like and dislike?

A. No, not really. I do already know the players on the field but I won't let that get in the way of my judgement of their training and playing time on the field.

Q. Finally what can we expect in the Transfer Market?

A. I am planning a few moves already, I have a very tight budget and might have to unload some fringe players to get what I want.

The press conference at Anfield has been concluded.

nice. hope future post's stay as detailed

good luck

Omg, i just put my mouse over the thread link. Then i saw that Rafa Benitez was sacked and i thought it was real.
LMAO.

Good luck mate sounds interesting? Any news on the transfer front?

Omg, i just put my mouse over the thread link. Then i saw that Rafa Benitez was sacked and i thought it was real.
LMAO.

Haha legend :p :D

LMAO.

ye same here i went straight onto sky sports without even clicking on the link :plol!!good luck anyway i will be following !!
---------

Last edited:
11th July 2009

The new Liverpool manager has reveiled today his first signing whilst in charge of the club. The capture of Angel Di Maria has excited the Anfield faithful. Manager Campbell had this to say:

"Signing the young Argentine to me was a great deal, he brings such flair, pace and excitement to the team that you normally wouldn't see from Liverpool. Managers don't normally reveil price tags on players but today I will make an exception, he only cost the club £5.25m which to me was a bargain as I will be expecting great things from Angel this upcoming season."

18th July 2009

1st Friendly of the Pre-Season.

Millwall 1-4 Liverpool

Torres (72,81) Lucas (78) Kuyt (84)

"Was a good workout overall, the players weren't playing good 1st half, going into half time 1-0 down, but 10 players were changed at half time and saw the team take full advantage getting 4 goals in 12 minutes. It was all about fitness at the end of the day."

22nd July 2009

Liverpool today have confirmed their second signing under manager Blair Campbell. They have bought striker Mista from Deportivo for free. Mista will be a back-up for Liverpools main striker Fernando Torres, alongside Voronin and N'gog. Also manager Campbell has stated unless the club sells any players he will have no money to fund anymore transfers this season, but isn't ruleing it out.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:37 PM ----------

Pre-Season Round Up

Luton 0-7 Liverpool

(N'gog 12, Ayala 20, Voronin 49, Torres 57,67,81, Miller O.G.)

Santa Clara 0-5 Liverpool

(Carragher 3, Benayoun 52, Kyrgiakos 57, N'gog 67, Mista 68)

Rio Ave 1-3 Liverpool

(Kuyt 37, Carragher 53, Benayoun 90)

Swansea 0-1 Liverpool

(Gerrard 42)

Pre-Season Comments: Was a very mixed pre-season it has to be said, it started with a good string of wins scoring more than 3 goals in first 4 games, then a disappointing 1-0 win over Swansea, but that happens sometimes in the pre-season. The bright side is Torres has shown signs of being a great threat infront of goal this season with his great hattrick against Luton. Also with Mista, N'gog and Voronin with goals is great to know that our back-ups can do their jobs if Fernando were to unfortunately be injured. I feel that the team is now ready and fit enough for the start of our league and Champions League campaign.

All transfers out this season under Liverpools new manager have all been loans, with Degen's loan possibly turning out as a full time move as Sunderland could pay £4m for a permant move for the Swiss right back.

66lmkxlkdsfj
2qs9f85.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

August 2009

15th August

Starting XI

Reina

Johnson - Carragher - Kyrgiakos - Insua

Gerrard (c) - Mascherano

Kuyt ------------------------ DiMaria

Torres - Mista

Subs Used:
Benayoun (Gerrard 66)
Skrtel (Kyrgiakos 66)
N'gog (Mista 66)

LIVERPOOL 2-0 BURNLEY
Torres (8,31)

18th August

Starting XI

Reina

Spearing - Mascherano

Kuyt -------- Gerrard (c) -------- DiMaria

Torres

Subs Used:
N'gog (Torres 21) - Injury
Riera (Di Maria 71)
Babel (Gerrard 71)

LIVERPOOL 6-0 WOLVES
Gerrard (10,40,p58)
Mascherano (19)
N'gog (32)

30th August

Starting XI

Reina

Lucas - Mascherano

Kuyt -------- Gerrard (c) -------- DiMaria

Torres

Subs Used:
Benayoun (Di Maria 69)
Babel (Torres 69)

FULHAM 2-2 LIVERPOOL
Kuyt (42)
Lucas (52)

Comments on the Month: It was a very good month for us, against weaker opposition I was expecting wins. The only downside was obviously the draw against Fulham, although being away it was a disappointing game being 2 up for them to come back to get a point was frustrating. Our defence hasn't been the strongest thus far with Skrtel just coming back from injury as well as Aurelio, and with Agger out. Di Maria has been a great asset to the team this season with his blistering pace down that left wing and great deliveries into the box has gave our strikers great things to work with.

EPL

Man Utd - PL 4 12pts
Chelsea - PL4 12pts
Man City - PL4 9pts
Bolton - PL4 8pts
Liverpool - PL3 7pts

SCORERS

Gerrard - 3
Torres - 2
Kuyt

Very well. Glad you've signed Di Maria and gave my club some money :p
Don't you want to buy Oscar Cardozo as well? :)

13905.png

MANAGER CAMPBELL SPEAKS OF DREAM DUO

Liverpool FC manager Blair Campbell has today reveiled he has always been a keen fan on two players and hopes in the near future he could purchase at least on of them. The ex Bayern Munich striker Lukas Podolski was the first of the two he mentioned to us this morning stating "I started following Lukas as a player when watching him play for Bayern Munich. He hasn't been much of a goal scorer recently, but i'm sure if giving the chance i'd get goals out of him." The second on the radar of the new Liverpool manager is the young Italian forward Mario Balotelli and why not, the youngster has blistering pace, great finishing and is on the mind of most of the biggest managers in europe. Campbell also believes with these two young strikers at his disposal along with Spainard Fernando Torres Liverpool would win the Premiership for the 19th time. But with the merseyside team in deep financial trouble this looks unlikely this season unless an investor were to appear at the club, or the two present owners were to splash out the cash which would be more shocking than Messi joining Man City for less than £300m.

Good Luck, I will follow this as i am a Liverpool fan.

Lets hope you can get 19 before Man Utd, And don't sell David N'Gog on 09 he was a super sub for me in 1 season getting around 25 goals people say he is **** but i just ignore them he is good.

You don't have much money so just try with the team you have and best tactic would be 4-2-3-1 like we play in real life.

I'm a man utd fan but loving the detail on this thread wil be watching with intent.

Torres is god on this game he got like 30+ goals for me in the 1st season

It's all about signing David Silva when you have money. Scoring alot atm for me. he's fit in at Liverpool too.

2nd September 2009

Starting XI

Reina

Johnson - Carragher - Sktrel - Aurelio

Gerrard (c) - Mascherano

Benayoun

Torres

Subs Used:
Babel - Benayoun '75

Stoke 2-2 Liverpool
Carragher 16'
Torres 81'

Match Comments: Was a pretty disappointing performance for us but had 2 defenders who were lacking match practice (Aurelio and Skrtel). Also we were very unfortunate as Mascherano scored and own goal.

12th September 2009

Starting XI

Reina

Gerrard (c) - Mascherano

Benayoun

Torres

Subs Used:
Insua - Benayoun 65'
Kyrgiakos - Di Maria 65'

Liverpool 2-0 Arsenal
Gerrard 60(p),75(p)

Match Comments: Our best result thus far in the season! Of course we were lucky in getting 2 penaltys but the overall performace from the players was incredible to watch, creating many great chances. Was also great to see Stevie lead his team to success today over a very talented Arsenal side with bags of ability.

16th September 2009

champions-league-logo1.jpg

The Uefo Champions League is back once more this year, and with many new teams joining the setup this year we could be in for some upsets in the Group Stages. We're with Liverpool today as they kick off their campaign againt a very great Italian side, Juventus! Now lets have a look at the liverpool starting line-up.
Starting XI

Reina

Johnson - Carragher - Sktrel - Insua

Gerrard (c) - Mascherano

Benayoun

Torres

Subs Used:
Aurelio - Di Maria 76'
Kyrgiakos - Benayoun 76'
Babel - Torres 76'

Liverpool 2-1 Juventus
Di Maria 67'
Babel 90'

Match Comments: Wasn't the way I would have wanted out Champions League to start, but nevertheless we got all 3 points against a very great Italian side today. Was very nervy towards the end, but super sub Ryan Babel was there for us and got us the win as well as Di Maria getting hsi first for the club.

19th September 2009

Starting XI

Reina

Mascherano

Gerrard - Babel

Torres

Subs Used:
Benayoun - Di Maria 68'

Birmingham 2-3 Liverpool
Babel 7,85'
Gerrard 82(p)'

Match Comments: Didn't go the way we expected, obviously. We just managed to salvage the game with a lucky penalty and 2 goals from a player I wasn't expecting to score many this season who has proved me wrong I must say. We had the majority of the possession today and a lot of shots but failed to make them count.

22nd September 2009

carling_cup.jpg

Starting XI

Cavalieri

Johnson - Ayala - Krygiakos - Dossena

Spearing - Lucas
Kuyt ------------------------ Riera

N'gog - Mista

Subs Used:
Mascherano - Spearing 90'
Di Maria - Riera 90'
Voronin - Mista '90

(P) Crystal Palace 0-0 Liverpool
4-3 on pens
Kuyt - Scored
Di Maria - Scored
Voronin - Scored
N'gog - Misses
Mascherano - Missed

REDS SHOCK CUP EXIT

The Liverpool second squad have been shockingly knocked out of the Carling Cup by an inferior Championship side, Crystal Palace. The Liverpool side made 9 changes from the weekend and gave first starts of the season to 5 of their players. The game went to Extra Time which saw no chances of real probability to score for either team. Then the game went to Penalties which should have seen the away side taking the game, but it wasn't to be as the Championship side prevailed

26th September 2009

Starting XI

Reina

Mascherano

Gerrard - Benayoun

Torres
Subs Used:
Riera - Gerrard 63'
N'gog - Torres 63'
Voronin - Kuyt 79'

Wigan 1-3 Liverpool
Benayoun 13'
Gerrard 19'
Torres 28'

29th September 2009

champions-league-logo1.jpg

Starting XI

Reina

Mascherano

Gerrard - Babel

Torres
Subs Used:
N/A

Kobenhavn
0-3 Liverpool
Babel 5'
Gerrard 7'
Kuyt 83'

Comments on the Month: Was a good month for us, still unbeaten this year, the only in the EPL and will be looking to keep the record for as long as possible, even the whole year is possible. The higlight was beating Arsenal as it was a result that could be key for us winning the league this season against one of our rivals. Both the Champions League wins was great as our next 2 games are against the underdogs of the group, Salzburg, who lost to Juventus 6-0.

Player of the Month: Ryan Babel has to take it for me, coming off the bench and winning us the game against Juve, scoring two goals including the winner against Birmingham and scoring the first of the 3 against Kobenhavn. Great month for him, and i'm glad for him as I was thinking of selling him in January.

EPL

1. Liverpool 17pts
  2. Manchester Utd 16pts
  3. Arsenal 16pts
  4. Chelsea 15pts
Scorers

1. Gerrard 8 in 9
  2. Babel 4 in 6
  3. Torres 4 in 9
  4. Kuyt 3 in 10

I wish people wouldn't make there stories so realistic :( I hovered my mouse over the thread and was like worried that Rafa was actually sacked! Good lucky anyway mate.

I wish people wouldn't make there stories so realistic :( I hovered my mouse over the thread and was like worried that Rafa was actually sacked! Good lucky anyway mate.

I do that sometimes with a few stories. But they are better when they are like that.

Great detail in the thread mate keep up the good work

19, 19, 19, 19, 19,

is this still going its a good story mate very well detailed