Savagenchez

Reaction score
Hey guys, after considering it for a while, I'm going to be starting up an FM story on the forums.

First and foremost though, I'd like to gauge an overall opinion on which type of save you'd like to see. I don't want to accidentally pick something myself that has already been done or is in the process of being done. I am genuinely open to all ideas and any play-style. Whether this be developing youth at a singular club, or having an adventurous journeyman where I develop smaller sides in to stable and prudent football clubs. If there are certain rules that you'd like me to follow then I'm certainly open to that as well, I will consider any ideas and I look forward to your feedback.

I'd also like to add that I apologise if this is in the wrong section, but it seemed the most general and hopefully there's nothing wrong with me posting it here instead of the stories section. (The actual story will of course be a separate thread posted in the stories section).

I'd also like to gauge opinions on whether you guys would like me to also stream this save at times for important matches as to ensure no cheating or editing etc. has been done. I'm open to all options and just generally need a save that myself and others can enjoy.

Post your ideas below if you're interested in helping me or are interested in following the story. I'd like the story to be quite interactive and therefore I will always gather a consensus of your guys thoughts before making an important decision on the save.

Thanks for reading, hopefully you guys post ideas and this thread wasn't awful and not to-the-point! Any ideas are much appreciated!

I think you should create a manager who has AIDS and he will be alive for another 10 seasons and you could pick a lower league team and try and win the Champions League in the 10 seasons before you die.

I think you should create a manager who has AIDS and he will be alive for another 10 seasons and you could pick a lower league team and try and win the Champions League in the 10 seasons before you die.

Haha! Maybe not quite in that context but yeah I get the fun behind that, basically a time limit on seasons? So say a Skrill side to the Champions League within 10 years? Could definitely be fun!

Haha! Maybe not quite in that context but yeah I get the fun behind that, basically a time limit on seasons? So say a Skrill side to the Champions League within 10 years? Could definitely be fun!

I was pretty drunk when I wrote that. It sounded like a great idea in my head haha!

I've gotten Portsmouth into the Champions League, it's alot of fun :D

I'm still laughing. Hahhaaaaahaaa

I love how aids is in captial letters aswell hahaha

You could start the game with the old database, edit Fellaini back in at Everton and just pretend David Moyes never happened. I'm doing that just now (not a story) and it's pretty fun.

Download the 11 levels of english football and try to make it to the Premier from one of the little teams on the bottom. Of course, I might be trying that now that I learned how to play....

You could start the game with the old database, edit Fellaini back in at Everton and just pretend David Moyes never happened. I'm doing that just now (not a story) and it's pretty fun.

Hahhaaaaa, I almost laughed to death reading "just pretend David Moyes never happened". How do you guys come up with this sh't.

First Jean-Luc with AIDS and now GryWlkr with pretending that Moyes does not exist. Hahaaaahaaa

Allow me to spoil the party a little with a serious suggestion. Speaking personally, I'm not a fan of stories of a small team dominating the world with downloaded tactics. I'd actually love to see a story of someone playing realistically. We all go through struggles. It'd be nice to see this in a story. What struggles you're facing, what you're doing about it and how that's going for you. Maybe it works; maybe it doesn't.

I always like to read stories of teams from small European nations, trying to reach European glory and eventually managing the national team.

However, almost all stories are based in Europe, so you could try another continent.

Allow me to spoil the party a little with a serious suggestion. Speaking personally, I'm not a fan of stories of a small team dominating the world with downloaded tactics. I'd actually love to see a story of someone playing realistically. We all go through struggles. It'd be nice to see this in a story. What struggles you're facing, what you're doing about it and how that's going for you. Maybe it works; maybe it doesn't.

I should write a story, I get killed half the time, even in my good saves.

I guess the question is do you want me to start at the bottom of the 12 level English league system, Bottom of Northern Ireland, Bottom of Norway, or the bottom of the Swiss leagues? (A)

I should write a story, I get killed half the time, even in my good saves.

I guess the question is do you want me to start at the bottom of the 12 level English league system, Bottom of Northern Ireland, Bottom of Norway, or the bottom of the Swiss leagues? (A)
Ha! If I could choose, I'd choose Switzerland, only because that's where I spent some time in my save.

The main thing is for me is to see a "real" story. Anyone can go download a tactic and dominate the world. That's no fun to read, even if it's maybe fun to play and brag about. I don't care if someone is successful or if they're failing like mad. I have my struggles in FM, just like everyone else. When I read a story about someone else's save, I want to read about his struggles too. Maybe just so I don't feel as alone :D

I like to read about players kicking up a fuss and what you did about it. More importantly, WHY you did it. Same with tactical problems. I want to read about the youngster your scouts found and how he scored on his debut or broke his leg and never played for you again. About missing out on promotion on goal difference for 3 years running. Seriously, when last did you read about something like that?!?! Everyone just wins the Champions League every year and go on 120 match unbeaten runs with Crystal Palace in the second season. Give me a "real" story any day.

I will start up a save as soon as the WC game is over. Even in my good saves I have issues like buying a pricey goalie that rated well, and can't stop a thing so his cheap backup starts over him, and then he whining about time. Been looking to do a story and now that I have acclimated to FM14 it time for me start a real save.

I will start up a save as soon as the WC game is over. Even in my good saves I have issues like buying a pricey goalie that rated well, and can't stop a thing so his cheap backup starts over him, and then he whining about time. Been looking to do a story and now that I have acclimated to FM14 it time for me start a real save.
Where are you going to post this?

I like to read about players kicking up a fuss and what you did about it. More importantly, WHY you did it. Same with tactical problems. I want to read about the youngster your scouts found and how he scored on his debut or broke his leg and never played for you again. About missing out on promotion on goal difference for 3 years running. Seriously, when last did you read about something like that?!?! Everyone just wins the Champions League every year and go on 120 match unbeaten runs with Crystal Palace in the second season. Give me a "real" story any day.

Couldn't have put this any better myself

Well, just lost in the first round of the swiss cup. %(#*$(#)*$)(#

I don't think Portsmouth is the best team to do it with it too common, too many people do that one. Maybe use the editor and think of completely new thing.
Maybe put Celtic in the prem, create a backstory of how they got there and go from there.