Going to start my first ever FM game - settings help

arun

Reaction score
Hi everyone! :)

I am about to start my first ever FM game after buying it for around $10 (a bargain IMO). I had tried my hand at FM 2008 but lost interest soon, but the world cup rekindled the flame ;) I tried a game for about an hour and the new 3D view, with all its flaws, really hooked me. I think having an i5, 4 GB DDR3 RAM and a top notch graphics card helps (I had P4 earlier and the game was very slow).

Anyway, to the crux of the post: I want to start my career as a Manager with the following aims and conditions:

- Starting with Automatic reputation, I want to start by managing a small club. I think a League 2 club will do, BSP etc are too low. It is probably foolish to start off as a small club in the beginning, but that's what I want to do.

- I want to jump through the leagues as a manager and start managing the top league teams as soon as possible. ManU, ManC, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool or Tottenham winning the EPL, CL and the FA cup is what I dream of. This means that I will jump ship as soon as possible.

I was wondering what leagues and settings I should opt for. I don't think I will enable attribute masking. Most importantly, how will scouting for new players be affected by the playable leagues? South America and Eastern Europe has a lot of talent, but if don't have playable leagues from there, will I get good talent from there later on? I don't want to manage those leagues, but I definitely want their stars. Any suggestions about this and any other settings? Also, I am thinking of going for Bradford City. Is that a good choice? Or should I have my head checked and go straight for the Premier League?

it doesn't mater if you don't have that league
as long as your team's board allows u to

it doesn't mater if you don't have that league
as long as your team's board allows u to

I got a different impression from reading some other posts. Thanks for replying - you are the only one to have taken the trouble to do so :)

I guess I am on my own. Well, I will be safe and load up the Brazilian, Argentinian and Eastern European leagues as well. I guess I will compensate with a small database of players. My i5 and 4GB RAM ought to be able to handle it.

or alternitively you could load up only the leagues you want to play and then either switch these others to view only or load up all players of continential reputation from europe and south america.

or alternitively you could load up only the leagues you want to play and then either switch these others to view only or load up all players of continential reputation from europe and south america.

Could you elaborate a bit more and tell me how and when (ie after/before starting the game etc) to do it? Both of them.

Any help would be really helpful. Still, making a league view-only will result in no more regens from that league, right?