kessy

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I am here again with another golden tactic. Tested with wolves. I went 11 games in the EPL unbeaten before losing to Man Utd (very unlucky loss as you'd see in the SS). I am still challenging for the title (1 point above man city) after 18 games.

Tactic

it is a balanced 4-1-4-1. the idea was to have a 3-2-4-1 (2-3-4-1) in possession depending on how the right IWB positions himself. So:
- 1 Sweeper Keeper on defence
- 1 BPD + 1 CD both on defend duty
- 1 IWB on the right on defend duty. He gives us the 3-man shape at the back or tucks in to help ball retention
-1 CWB on the left on attack duty. He is responsible to provide width on that side
- 1 DLP on defend duty, the play starter
-1 carrilero. I use this role because if I want my CWB to provide width high up the field I need someone who can cover up if needed.
- 1 mezzala on attack duty to exploit the half spaces
- 1 winger on support duty. I believe that for the mezzala to really work he needs spaces. So the winger, by staying wider and holding his position create that space that the mezzala can exploit. the winger provides the width on the right hand side
- 1 IF on support duty. I want him to exploit the halfspaces so he is asked to sit narrower leaving lots of spaces for the CWB
- 1 CF on attack duty.
So it is an assymetric 3-2-4-1 in possession and a 4-1-4-1 out of possession.

training

I leave to my assistant

OI (see SS)

-pressing intensity: always for all fullbacks, wingbacks, CDMs, CMs, WMs, AMs, STs
-show onto weaker foot: all fullbacks, wingbacks, CMs, WMs, AMs, STs

Players

Traoré (my winger) is a beast. very good dribbler so most of my attacks come from him. So put some someone who can really dribble, run and cross.

When you need to protect my lead , I always change time wasting to frequently.

Do not hesitate to switch to a positive mentality if needed

Last edited:
Nice tactic, going to try it after work, one question is there a chance to change right IWB position to WB defend ? Is it gonna affect the tactic ?

Nice tactic, going to try it after work, one question is there a chance to change right IWB position to WB defend ? Is it gonna affect the tactic ?

Well, I think it will make a difference. I do not want 2 players to provide width on the same side. But you can try it. it might work for you!

Do you mean tight marking for close down?

No. I mean close down or press if you prefer. There are 4 icons (tight marking, close down, hard tackle and show onto). I use only close down always and show onto weaker foot as explained in the OP

No. I mean close down or press if you prefer. There are 4 icons (tight marking, close down, hard tackle and show onto). I use only close down always and show onto weaker foot as explained in the OP
But there is no "close down always" in the OI. Only tight marking, pressing intensity, tacklign and show onto foot. So you must mean pressing intensity?

I mean, its self explanatory really but you get the confusion when you use different words like that.

Last edited:
OI

-close down: all fullbacks, wingbacks, CDMs, CMs, WMs, AMs, STs

so basically everyone except CB's?

But there is no "close down always" in the OI. Only tight marking, pressing intensity, tacklign and show onto foot. So you must mean pressing intensity?

I mean, its self explanatory really but you get the confusion when you use different words like that.

Yeah you are right! I have added SS of my OIs

OI

-close down: all fullbacks, wingbacks, CDMs, CMs, WMs, AMs, STs

so basically everyone except CB's?

Check the SS in the Opening post

Do you have a lot of long shots during a game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have any specific types of players that will enhance the tactic? Should the ST be strong or quick? And so on..

Do you have any specific types of players that will enhance the tactic? Should the ST be strong or quick? And so on..

Well, a quick striker preferably. My striker is slow and he is still scoring some goals. But ideally, you should go for an all-around striker. My carrilero is Moutinho who is actually a DLP. So try to get someone with good passing abilities, vision, decision and ask him to play more direct passes.
Get a good CWB too because you need very good crosses to feed your striker.