Golden Joystick Awards 2005

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
November 4th 2005 sees the prestigious London Hilton playing host to the most exciting event in the gaming industry - The Golden Joystick Awards. Over 600 key industry players, gamers and guests will gather in the London Hilton on Park Lane to find out what thousands of dedicated gamers have voted as the best games of 2005.

So visit the Golden Joystick Awards website and vote.

The different award categories are...

- PlayStation 2 Game of the Year
- GameCube Game of the Year
- Handheld Game of the Year
- Xbox Game of the Year
- PC Game of the Year
- The Sun Online online Game of the Year
- Best Film-Based Game of 2005
- Best Game Soundtrack of 2005
- Publisher of the Year
- Retailer of the Year
- Game One Innovation of the Year
- The One to Watch for Xmas
- The Sun One to Watch for 2006
- Nuts Magazine Ultimate Game of 2005
- Hero of 2005
- Villain of 2005
- The Girl's Choice for 2005

I have attached a screenshot of my voting card.

I just completed my voting.

I tried not to give a game more than one vote per catagory unless I really had to.

i voted,although i picked randomly for some of the awards

I hope Metal Gear Solid 3 does well, it was clearly game of the year. Even though GTA will probably win that. :(

Pro Evolution Soccer 4 was clearly the PS2 Game of the year. I must have atleast 200 hours of gameplay on it. Probably quite a bit more.

I cant see much beating GTA in the catorgries its in. In all honesty even though they dont have too much imagination between versions these days (re-occuring characters, similair gameplay etc) the production values, the cost, the voice acting, sheer size of it all is too immense for it not to win.
Its one of the only games i can remember that i want to put back in my PS2, (i brought Pro Evo on the Xbox :D)

Sean said:
Pro Evolution Soccer 4 was clearly the PS2 Game of the year. I must have atleast 200 hours of gameplay on it. Probably quite a bit more.

Sean thats you, and your in the UK, I doubt it was that big in the US, maybe only in Eastern Asia. Where as MGS3 was played world over and was a truly great game.

Sean said:
I've clocked up over 200 hours on Socom II but I still think Metal Gear Solid 3 is better than it.

In my opinion MGS3 is the best game ever! Stunning Graphics, great storyline, likeable characters, good voice acting, excellent gameplay, and the list goes on. :D

MGS3 is good, but the storyline still has nothing on the first MGS.

Jamie said:
Sean thats you, and your in the UK, I doubt it was that big in the US, maybe only in Eastern Asia. Where as MGS3 was played world over and was a truly great game.

The awards are for the UK. But obviously anyone can vote if they get onto the site.

Yeah but if its for the UK i doubt many outside would take notice in it. Maybe Pro will win....

Pro Evolution Soccer 4 won the Developers choice (or something along those lines.) award last year.

Pro should win. It has been one of the best games on playstation for ages now and just keeps getting better.

• PlayStation 2 Game of the Year - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  • GameCube Game of the Year - Resident Evil 4
  • Xbox Game of the Year - Halo 2
  • PC Game of the Year - Half Life 2
  • Carphone Warehouse Handheld Game of the Year - Super Mario 64 DS
  • Best Film-Based Game of 2005 - Resident Evil 4
  • BBC Radio One - Colin and Edith's Best Game Soundtrack of 2005 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  • The Sun Online - Online Game of the Year - World of Warcraft
  • Publisher of the Year - Nintendo
  • Retailer of the Year - Play.com
  • The Game One Gaming Innovation of the Year - PSP
  • The One to Watch for Xmas - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • The Sun's One to Watch for 2006 - Resident Evil 5
  • Hero of 2005 - CJ from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  • Villain of 2005 - Officer Tenpenny from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  • The Girl's Choice for 2005 - The Sims 2
  • Editor's Game of the Year - Resident Evil 4
  • Unsung Hero of the Year - Fahrenheit
  • Nuts Magazine's Ultimate Game of 2005 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

How the **** did CJ win Hero of the year? No offence to everyone but Solid Snake was clearly the best hero.

Sums you up really that last line. G333333333333K. :D

Agree with Lee to be honest, CJ saved grove street, WOW. Snake's a legend :)

The Girl's Choice for 2005 - The Sims 2

lol, no suprise there

I agree with Lee on why CJ, you dont even have to look at another game to find the real hero, Maccer

Shut up Gregor :p

FM 2005 should have won PC Game of the year, Half Life is gay.

Sean said:

Well he's my hero.

In a madchester band, is in America, wanks a lot

The perfect role model imo

Thought FM woulda won,spose it makes sense PES got beat by GTA and Halo

Sean said:

FM 2005 should have won PC Game of the year, Half Life is gay.

HL2 was awsome, best FPS i've played along side Halo, wouldn't be my game of the year but it surely isn't gay, CS on the other hand...gay.