Squeaky *** Time for Becks
1-5-2014

View attachment 287679

Valladolid head into the last stretch in the league in reasonable form. Some great performances over the past 2 months have seen the relegation candidates almost guarantee another season in the top flight bar for a monumental **** up. Manager David Beckham is urging his team to keep up their run of form and push for a place inside the top 10 of the league. Beckham is reportedly ecstatic that the club have made some real progress and that the team age is getting younger all the time and also more technical. 12th place is a very good position for the small provincial team who have defied expectations for the past 2 years.

View attachment 287680

Another solid month fixture wise with great wins at Almeira and Osasuna and in general holding their own against the other clubs. The only real dissapointment was against Villareal where the team seemed to be complacent and it was a showing of men vs boys.

View attachment 287681

Beckham also announced that hot-shot Ishak Belfodil will join the club at the end of the season on a free transfer. This has been billed as a masterstroke as one of Europes hottest young strikers at the moment joining the mid table club. Belfodil was said to be looking forward to working under David Beckham and playing alsongside Fierro and Guerra next season. Apparently the youngster liked the way that Valladolid pushed forward and that it would suit his game.

Beckham does it again
18-5-2014

Fans of Valladolid are toasting manager David Beckham for a 2nd year running for surpassing expectations. Becks team were tipped for the drop again after narrowly missing the drop last season but have found themselves finishing in 12th place. 4 points from their last 3 games made sure the team finished off the season in style. Many are now predicting that Valladolid are set to break into the top 10 next year. The team possess a talented group of young players who have built up trust and understanding and getting vital experience. The team possess young protegees like Iago Falque, Tibor Cica and Carlos Fierro. Then Oscar Ustari and Marc Valiante keep things solid at the back. Throw in the superstar Belfodil who is about to join in July things look rosy for the small club.

View attachment 287714
View attachment 287712

Beckham seems to be happy at Valladolid but many chairmen around Europe will be vying to turn his head over the coming months. He has already been lined up as a favourite for the vacant Valencia and AC Milan jobs. Along with strong interest from Arsenal, Atletic Bilbao, Chelsea, Lazio and Roma. Valladolid will be hoping that Beckham wishes to stay put and see his transformation of the team.

Valladolid have been in the paper for all the right reasons over the past few weeks. Carlos Fierro won the Spanish Young Player of the Year, Javi Guerra was named joint top goalscorer in the league and the team were named as the overachievers of the current season. Other club news seen Marc Valiante named as the supporters player of the year for his outstanding performances.
View attachment 287711 View attachment 287713

Great work mate :) if there was anything to make it better, it would be good to have more updates throughout the season!

Great work mate :) if there was anything to make it better, it would be good to have more updates throughout the season!

Cheers, will do monthly updates from the start of next season. My pc actually crashed(not the game) and lost the last 7 months of the save so playing to get back up to date so doubt there will be updates today.

Thanks for following :)

Season of Changes:
12-8-2014

View attachment 288427

What a rollercoaster it has been for Valladolid fans these past few months. Some people argued David Beckham had lost it and buckled under the pressure over the summer as he released 20 players, loaned 5 and also sold 1. Also on the staff front no less than 8 members lost their jobs also. This left Beckham with a bare squad lacking any depth. What happened over the next month was astounding in how things turned around. Armed with a new backroom staff led by Assistant Manager Rodolfo Borrell the team identified some of Europes top young talent. Belfodil, Suso, Ljacic and Ayala were all signed for the first team and it is expected that Beckhams first choice starting 11 has an average age of 23.

View attachment 288425

Valladolid state intentions with unbeaten pre season. Some good performances in the pre season friendlies and only one goal conceded shows how the team was coming together at the back. Beckham came in for some criticism from his playing staff dragging them back one week earlier than usual this year. It now seems this extra training has paid off.

View attachment 288428

The fixture list has today been released. Valladolid start with a tricky tie to underperforming Valencia. Oter than that the other 5 of the first 6 games all look winnable. Beckham will be hoping his young stars make an impression and kick off in style. It is believed that Beckham aims for European Qualification this season after previous progress. The board have indicated that they expect a safe mid table position this season. Due to the ever changing shape of beckhams team he will start the season with a flat 442 formation. How this will progress over the season nobody knows.

View attachment 288426

In other news Valladolid are entering the final year of the clubs bank loan. The club have no other debts and it is expected that after next summer the club will save £750k per month or £9M over an entire season. This will be available income and serve the club with extra transfer and wage income. Beckham will be relieved to have this extra income and he has apparently ear marked some of it for upgrading facilities.

August 2014

A great start for the lads. 2 wins an a defeat is not a bad way to kick off the season. Sure, we didnt deserve to lose to Getafe and I would have preferred a win but overall the performance was very good.Sitting happily in 5th place is exactly where Id like to be. The transfer window came and went and the only further addition was the loan of young Roma wing back Crescenzi. He would slot straight into the right back slot which I signaled as the weak point of my team.

View attachment 288431

The matches went like this:
Valladolid -vs- Valencia
2-0 win for Valladolid
Carlos Fierro 39'
Tibor Cica 64'

Getafe -vs- Valladolid
4-2 win for Getafe
Javi Guerra 23'
Abdel Barrada 29'
Carlos Fierro 35'

Miku 45'
Sergi Enrich 65' and 85'

Valladolid -vs- Malaga
1-0 win for Valladolid
Ishak Belfodil 39'

So heres the league table after 3 games:

View attachment 288432

Thoughts on new style of update?

September 2014:

Well it was an eccentric month to say the least. Only one win but 2 credible draws which we should have won. The disapointment was the fact we threw away leads in 2 of the 3 games. By and large though I was pleased with the performances and still sit comfortably in the European spots of the table. A bit disappointing that we conceded 4 goals for the 2nd time already this season. Hopefully the defence sorts itself out before it causes some real problems for the team.

Valladolid -vs- Rayo
1-1 Draw
Fierro 10'
Paco Montanez 91'

Espanyol -vs- Valladolid
Valladolid win 2-1
Fierro 7'
Belfodil 35'

Ivanov 83'

Sevilla -vs- Valladolid
4-4 draw (high score record)
Reyes 1'
Belfodil 7'
Juanfran 22'

Barrada 27'
Fierro 37' and 59'
Ayala OG 73'
Del Moral 78'

Next month we only have 3 games again which gives us time for the team to rest. Hopefully Fierro will keep up this form which sees him as the leagues stand out performer with 6 goals in as many games and also 4 assists. No player can touch him right now. I am also pleased with Belfodil and Ayala despite his own goal. The attacking side of my team look deadly at times but the defence is a little shaky but thats understandable over the first few games.

View attachment 288437

Very good story mate. Belfodil on a free is a very good signing for you! I love the fact that Granada won the league completely randomly haha FM is such a strange game sometimes XD

October 2014:

Another solid month for the team with the exception of the Mallorca result. With 9 games gone we sit in 4th place in the league. We also got off to a winning start in the copa del ray. I dont expect to win the cup and considering our strong start I plan to focus on the league and rest players in cup matches this season as we dont have the depth to challenge on 2 fronts. Hopefully this wont be the case after next season with extra income from not having a loan will be invested in squad depth. This month seen me go to the boardroom and sucessfully gt my percentage of transfer revenue increased and also increase in junior coaching.

Valladolid -vs- Mallorca
Mallorca win 2-1
Valiente OG 3'
Fierro 64'
Marquez 74'

Alcorcon -vs- Valladolid
Valladolid win 2-0
Iago 69'
Elvis OG 92'

Granada -vs- Valladolid
1-1 draw
Juanfran 47'
El Arabi 82'

Copa Del Ray 4th round first leg:
Valladolid -vs- Rayo
Valladolid win 1-0
Riski 1'

After 3 months of the season we sit in 4th place with 9 games gone. Fierro and Belfodil have been inspiring all season so far and the captain Valiente has also been in good form. Right now im hoping to keep up this form and get a Europa League place and even challenge for a CL place

No league table this month as i forgot it. Will make sure to have it next month

Very good story mate. Belfodil on a free is a very good signing for you! I love the fact that Granada won the league completely randomly haha FM is such a strange game sometimes XD

Thank you so much. Glad to have a few followers so far. And I agree. Even though he hasnt scored much he has been important by providing assists. Really chuffed to have gotten him :) Ah yes, and in 2nd season they finished in the lower end of mid table. Got to love FM sometimes :p

November 2014

What a month for talented manager David Beckham and his young Valladolid squad. 4 wins and 2 draws have seen the overachievers climb to 3rd place in the table after a fantastic 4-3 win over a Barcelona side touted as one of the best ever. Even though its early in the season it could be a contender for game of the season. A magnificant performance from Fierro where he got a hat trick and upstaged Lionel Messi has cemented this players potential for everyone to see. After the game Messi had this to say of Fierro, " I havnt seen a striker at his level for his age. The closest comparison I can find is of Gabriel Batistuta and Ronaldo rolled into one. He is a special talent. Beckham has done well to harness his potential and play to his strengths". High praise indeed from the reigning World Player of the Year.

Many are pinning Valladolids magnificent rise of fortunes solely on the English manager. Such is his growing reputation that he was offered 3 jobs this month without even applying. Swansea, Inter and Mallorca all requested Beckham to join their ranks. Ever the professional Beckham refused all offers and insisted he would be seeing out the season at Valladolid. "After that anything is possible" said Goldenballs. So it may be possible that a move may be in order at the end of the season. The question is where to go if his current club keep this form going...

View attachment 288661

Valladolid -vs- Celta Vigo
Valladolid win 1-0
Fierro 37'

Atletic -vs- Valladolid
Valladolid win 5-1
Ljajac 15' and 20'
Rico 28'
Fierro 59', 83' and 91'

Real Sociedad -vs- Valladolid
1-1 draw
Ljajac 47'
Martinez 73'

Athletico Madrid -vs- Valladolid
1-1 draw
Borja 45'
Ljajac 47'

Copa Del Rey 4th round 2nd leg
Rayo -vs- Valladolid
Valladolid win 2-1
Leo 37'
Fierro 89'
Belfodil 92'

Valladolid -vs- Barcelona
Valladolid win 4-3
Fierro 16', 44' and 56'
Messi 46'
Belfodil 50'
Rodrigo 55' and 61'
Tibor Cica Missed pen 28'

Hotshots:
View attachment 288659View attachment 288660

December 2014:

Quiet month this month with only 2 league games and 2 cup matches. We went out at the hands of Atletico Madrid but im not too disappointed because I was more focused on the league than the cups. 3 points from 6 in the league isnt the end of the world and still leaves us comfortable in the table.

View attachment 288744

Not going in depth with the matches for a few updates as iv fallen behind and need to play catch up to get up to speed. Fierro has been his usual self scoring 4 goals of our 6 this month.

View attachment 288743

January 2015:

A poor month all round for Beckham and his troops. Only 4 points from a possible of twelve have seen them drop 2 places in the league and lose ground to Barcelona and Real. It is reported that Victoria is also unhappy in the Spanish countryside and that she is looking to move to a more built up area. Apparently she has issued David with an ultimatum by either moving to a more metropolitan area like Madrid, London, Milan or Paris so she can focus on her career. If David fails to do so she will leave him. The deadline is set for the end of July.

View attachment 288879

Sitting in 5th place the team are still on course for European qualification however their recent form has been poor and run the risk of dropping down the table. It would be a shame to see this happen as the club have grown so much in the past few months. Hopefully a return in form is imminent.

View attachment 288878

Just letting my followers know that I will be away until tomorrow so no time for updates until then. I have just finished the season. There will be 2 updates for feb/march and april/may to get up to speed. Will start back with better monthly updates next season. Expect new signings/shocks and suprises also. Thanks for following guys

love this story lol...will victoria get her wish or will becks tell her no

Feb/ March 2015:

What a woeful 2 months for Valladolid. David Beckhams young guns have looked impressive recently but there inexperience has showed with a dreadful run. Only 2 wins in 2 months have seen the team drop to 5th place in the table and show no signs of recovering. Beckham has tried changing from his 4-2-3-1 to his 4-4-2 with no success. In reply to this he has been forced to try another new formation. Playing a 4-1-2-1-2 Diamond in their last game brought a win but the players looked unconvincing. Hopefully the young team will bounce back and show more character and hold onto their European aspirations.

View attachment 289556

The team sit in 6th place. Only 3 points off 4th place but also only 6 points off 14th place. At their current form they could easliy drop off into the lower half of the table. Worrying aswell is the lack of goals from Carlos Fierro recently who has been ever present previously during the season.

View attachment 289555

Beckham held a press conference today and had 2 main points to get across. First off he dismissed that his marriage was in trouble and that Victoria had moved back to Madrid full time to get her fashion label off the ground. This was not a sign that he was leaving the club and moving to Madrid. I still have a year left on my contract and I am happy here. I will be manager here next season unless the right opportunity comes along. I also wish to announce that Takashi Inui will be joining the club next season on a free transfer. Inui has great first touch, flair and creativity which has seen him be labelled the Japaneese Messi. The signing seems like a coup for the club again.

In other news some teams have declared Beckham as a candidate for a future role with them. As the summer approaches jobs like the England and Uruguayan(world champions), Milan and Arsenal Jobs will become available. Will Beckham be swayed by one of these Jobs? Only time will tell

April/May 2015

What a roller coaster of a season for Valladolid supporters it has been. A great first half in which they looked like contenders for the title against big guns Barca and Real and then the second half. A half in which they didnt look like they know what they were doing and almost completely losing focus. Luckily the diamond formation introduced late in the season saved them from bitter dissapointment. 3 wins and 2 draws in their final 11 games just about did enough to guarantee them 6th place and with it continental qualification for the following season. Beckham must surely be pleased that his team did what they set out to do however there may be some questions as to how they failed so miserably early in the new year.

View attachment 289558

6th place was guaranteed with the final victory against Villarreal. The club also could be proud as they were named the leagues most overachieving club for the 2nd time in a row. On the personal awards front Carlos Fierro scooped the Spanish young player of the year also for 2 years running. Daniel Ayala had a solid first season and was named the Fans player of the year. On the managerial front David Beckham also won the La Liga Manager of the Year for his contribution over the season.

View attachment 289557

After the final whistle Beckham announced that he would be leaving the club on the following Monday. An agreement had been in place for the talented manager to leave since the end of March but it was kept quiet until the end of the season so not to disrupt the team on the field. Beckham left this short announcement to fans.

" I am grateful to the board for giving me this opportunity and my first venture into management. I also want to thank the fans who have been very supportive during my tenure. I wish the team all the best in the future and it was not an easy decision for me to leave. I will always remember the club took a chance on me when nobody else would and I will always look out for Valladolids future results and developments. I also dont want to poach any players from the club so unless another team makes an offer for one of the playing staff I wont be getting involved. Thank you."

Of course Beckham was quizzed on his future destination but the coy manager didnt give any hints and said all would be revealed tomorrow with an official statement.

Great read mate. Where's he going next?!? Give us an update!!!! Haha

love this story lol...will victoria get her wish or will becks tell her no

Thanks, well when you read on youll find out shes the boss ;) Thanks for following

Great read mate. Where's he going next?!? Give us an update!!!! Haha

Thank you. Well its too late for me now but I will update early tomorrow and not leave the suspense too long :)