Good Attack, but shaky in defence. HELP.

svaibhavlfc

Reaction score
Although my Liverpool side does great in terms of attack, but too shaky in defence.
Any help is appreciated.
Cheers.

This is my tactic: (Attacking/Fluid)
Player Instructions:

GK: Distribute to FB's, Roll it out.
FullBacks: Shoot less often, close down more, stay wide, pass it shorter.
Central Defenders: Pass it shorter.
Anchor Man: More direct passes, close down less.
Central Mid: More direct passes, close down more.
Attacking Mid: Mark tighter, More direct passes, close down much more, move into channels.
Inside Forwards: Mark tighter, Shoot less often, sit narrower close down much more.
Striker: Close down much more.

Last edited:
It's going to be risky as you're playing with an Attack mentality and a front 4 all on attack duties. For some reason, you have closing down TIs, PIs and OIs as well. It's unnecessary.

It's going to be risky as you're playing with an Attack mentality and a front 4 all on attack duties. For some reason, you have closing down TIs, PIs and OIs as well. It's unnecessary.

Any changes that you would recommend?
Cheers.

Honestly that shape and those instructions are just begging to be destroyed when the enemy goes on the counter.

A 2-3-1 assymetric formation creates too many holes imo.

I would go with a flat 2-3-1.
Give Gerrard the CM- DLP role. Give Henderson the CM- AP role.

With your fullbacks I feel you are getting too fancy. Give them FB - Automatic role. I would probably give Coutinho the AMC - Support role so that he can supply balls to your inside forwards and striker.

With instructions, I feel that less is more. Try to simplify them and observe how it affects your defense. Sometimes giving too many instructions or the wrong ones can cause your players to move out of position.

Also an attacking mentality is ok at home, but will get shredded in away games. I would prefer a Counter mentality away and a Control mentality at home. Just my two cents. ;-) Let me know if that works better for you.

Player Instructions:

GK: Distribute to FB's, Roll it out.
FullBacks: Shoot less often, close down more, stay wide, pass it shorter.
Central Defenders: Pass it shorter.
Anchor Man: More direct passes, close down less.
Central Mid: More direct passes, close down more.
Attacking Mid: Mark tighter, More direct passes, close down much more, move into channels.
Inside Forwards: Mark tighter, Shoot less often, sit narrower close down much more.
Striker: Close down much more.