nikudini

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I started a new save with Chievo Verona, I'm in my second season now and in a need of a good CM, who would be playing an attacking role. That's my current line-up:

2utj4hv.jpg

I might surprise you but I'm looking to replace Poli. I was really lucky to get him, because he got unsettled and I bought him on a bargain price. However he's been laregly disappointing. He has played only 5 months for me, so I'll give him until the end of the season and if he dosen't improve I'll have to find him a replacement.
If it comes to that, I'm thinking about Javi Martinez and Axel Witsel. I've had Javi on another save and he was good enough, but I haven't had any experience with Witsel. I also have in my squad Adrien and Fran Merida. And Sammir but I rotate him with Hazard.

I'm also trying to build a young squad, which I could maintain for seasons to come.
Please give me some advice, thanks!

you brought hazard to hellas verona??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????how on earth did you manage that?

Got him for 24 mil, with 48 monthly installments.

edit: And I'm playing with Chievo, not Hellas Verona.

Last edited:
Your tactics are mental!!!! All mid/forwards set to attack???? and everyone else set to Defense????

Try setting Poli to deeplying playmaker support before u sign anyone

I've been playing with these tactics for quite some time now and I never regreted it. The results I achieve are incredible. Won the Seria A in my first season with Chievo. I will try to tweak Poli's role.

You overpaid for Hazard. He always goes for 16m, but you should def play Poli as deeplying playmaker and then buy Ganso to be your Advanced Playmaker. Then use Hazard as Attacking mid - attack.

Im not doubting your results mate..... Just looks bizzare!!! Personally i would also set your full backs to support as I cant see how u get any wiidth.

But if its working for ya who am I to judge :)

Not at all, most I bought for around 1-2 mill, only Vrsaljko and Sammir were mroe expensive, but i covered the expenses with selling players, and I got a lot of prize money and I am also doing friendlies with south american teams during pre-season, which gives me a lot of money. Also at least 3 or 4 players are on long-term payment deals, like Poli who i bought for 8 mill, also Sammir, Hazard, Vrsaljko.

And on topic, I'll try to continue playing Poli and hope for the best.

I would recommend Javi Martinez out of those two because he is an adept box-to-box midfielder, can get forward, defend and score his fair share of goals, and is a great player in general. Will also contribute to your midfield diamond because you need strength and stamina in such formations.

So how did you sign both Sammir and Dodo when the Italian transfer regs only allows 1 non EU signing from abroad???

Yeah, I'm considering Javi Martinez as the better option too, at first I wanted to sign Badelj, but he has signed for CSKA Moscow, who now want 20 mill, but my scout reports show that Athletic will want around 13 mill for JM which is quite a lot.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

So how did you sign both Sammir and Dodo when the Italian transfer regs only allows 1 non EU signing from abroad???

To be honest I have no idea, it was my first time playing with Italian team, and when I signed Dodo I saw that I cant sign more than 1 non-eu player, but I tried with Sammir and it worked. I don't know how it happened. I signed Dodo from Corinthians on 8.7.2010 and Sammir from Dinamo on 1.8.2010. After Sammir I couldn't sign anymore non-eu players.

Dodo has portugese 2nd nationality thats how. Only strange is how you signed Vrsaljko and Sammir.

Because when i played as Palermo and signed Vrsjalko he was my non-eu signing.

Strange, he's croatian and they're in the EU, I didn't have any problem with that.

Edit: Actually I'm wrong Croatia are only a candidate country. Then I can't answer that. I had no problem with signing both of them.

Last edited: